Want To Play A Canon In A Multi-Fandom? [Always Recruiting]

Started by Cynadea, June 19, 2015, 06:29:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynadea

There is a universe called Fandomverse where the characters are allowed to continue their lives as they wish, with no regard to the relationships that were somewhat forced onto them by the scripts.  In Fandomverse, the characters are given the freedom to live as they wish, to make friends with whomever they want. They are given the opportunity to meet with characters that they have witnessed on the big screen themselves.

• Sandbox - Players come up with their own plots
  • 2 paragraphs minimum
  • Any canon character played by a human actor or with a human actor (i.e. Transformers, Chewbacca). No anime/Cartoons/Comics.
  • Slate wiped clean, the game is being rebooted.  If you wish to take a canon that you have played in the past, PM Aysande
  • Canon only, original characters no longer accepted
  • Cross-fandom friendships/relationships encouraged.

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

Blinkin

Hmmmm... inspite of my usual view on canon, I'm intrigued. Is it restricted to the big screen, or would TV work too?
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

sleepingferret

Any character played a human actor, eh?  So after reading everything... and since it seems Resident Evil characters that made the "big screen" are valid.

This would also include things like say either the T-1000 or the ever so famous (or infamous) Mr. Schwarzenegger as the T-800 to maybe Agent 47. 

Blinkin

How about the under-appreciated Jack Burton of Big Trouble in Little China fame? ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Cynadea

Quote from: Blinkin on June 19, 2015, 01:08:50 PM
Hmmmm... inspite of my usual view on canon, I'm intrigued. Is it restricted to the big screen, or would TV work too?

TV works too. The only restriction is reality TV

Quote from: Blinkin on June 19, 2015, 01:51:45 PM
How about the under-appreciated Jack Burton of Big Trouble in Little China fame? ;)

I loved that movie! It would be interesting to interact with for sure :)

Quote from: sleepingferret on June 19, 2015, 01:50:04 PM
Any character played a human actor, eh?  So after reading everything... and since it seems Resident Evil characters that made the "big screen" are valid.

This would also include things like say either the T-1000 or the ever so famous (or infamous) Mr. Schwarzenegger as the T-800 to maybe Agent 47. 

Resident evil's characters are definitely a go, and the Terminator's as well.

Blinkin

My final decision to participate or not will depend on what others throw in. If I see things like super-humans, werewolves and vampires... not so interested as I'm almost surely going to end up with something vastly under-whelming because I like to play humans.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Cynadea

Jag

I had a hard time getting into the game last time because I felt like I came in so late. I might be interested in going for it this time.

Would Jekyll/Hyde from the League movie be alright? I know Hyde is rather large, but he is human. If not, I could always go for the more human Jackman/Hyde from BBC Jekyll.

League Jekyll/Hyde or BBC Jekyll/Hyde

Granted, canon wise, BBC Hyde was much more violent and sadistic than the League version...mostly cause the League movie didn't call for all the violence of Hyde from the source material. League Hyde was also more sociable, containable, and reasonable...despite his massive size and obvious anger issues.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Cynadea

Jekyll/Hyde from League is totally fine. The human actor thing is basically more of a rule to make clear that I don't want anime/cartoons characters, so monsters, misshapen and/or transformed humans are fine. Hulk would be accepted; so why not Mr. Hyde :)

Jag

Awesome.

Next question. Hyde and Jekyll will rarely be in the same scene together (since this version requires the serum to transform). Canonically, they are two sides of the same coin. They both have different personalities, mannerisms, intelligence levels, ect....so...one character sheet or two? >.<

Cynadea

you put it into one but do something like

Description: Jekyll: blah blah blah

Hyde: blah blah blah.

It's technically the same person/character, even if  Jekyll and Hyde are so different.

mia h

Quote from: Aysande on June 20, 2015, 09:05:56 AM
Jekyll/Hyde from League is totally fine. The human actor thing is basically more of a rule to make clear that I don't want anime/cartoons characters, so monsters, misshapen and/or transformed humans are fine. Hulk would be accepted; so why not Mr. Hyde :)
How hard a line is the cartoon character thing? Taking Bruce Wayne as an example, there have been both animated and live actions versions of the character but some of his proteges have only been animated, so Jason Todd, Carrie Kelly, Stephanie Brown etc wouldn't be allowed?
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Blinkin

Batman was portrayed on both the big screen and TV, so I would think that, like the hulk, they're legal.

In the same vien, Superman was played by a human in the movies.

Anyway...

I think that I want to look at "The Tick," played by Patric Warburton (2001 Fox TV series).

Anyone mind a nut like that? ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Cynadea

Quote from: mia h on June 20, 2015, 10:14:01 AM
How hard a line is the cartoon character thing? Taking Bruce Wayne as an example, there have been both animated and live actions versions of the character but some of his proteges have only been animated, so Jason Todd, Carrie Kelly, Stephanie Brown etc wouldn't be allowed?

The line is quite easy to define: it's acceptable only if it's played by a human actor or played with human actors (like the Transformers from the movies).  So no, if they didn't show in a movie or a TV show shot by real people they are not acceptable.

Quote from: Blinkin on June 20, 2015, 10:46:46 AM
Anyway...

I think that I want to look at "The Tick," played by Patric Warburton (2001 Fox TV series).

I'm not familiar with the character at all.

Jag

I'm assuming it's this version of the Tick. I'm not familiar with any more recent versions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tick_%282001_TV_series%29

mia h

Quote from: Blinkin on June 20, 2015, 10:46:46 AM

There is only one thing to say to that : Spooooooooooooon!!!!

And there was talk of them trying to revive the show on Amazon
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Blinkin

The Tick was originally a fairly low-budget comic series featuring a really big, guy in a blue body suit (complete withA ntia) who escaped from an insane aslym because he was bored, and went to "the City" to fight crime. A number of... unusual... heroes joined him as he blundered from one adventure to the next, including a company of ninja, a series of generic (meaning one-off) versions of various super-heroes and such. It wa meant o be spoofy and humorous take on the seriousness of super-hero comicbooks. It was originally released in black and white, but eventually went into color production.

The Tick's powers were described as super-strength for what needed to be done and "nigh" invonerability. He was also something like a child in his enthusiasm for just about everything.. and, of course, totally nuts.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Foxy DeVille

We could have that Batman/Bat-Manuel team-up we've all been dreaming of.

sleepingferret

I still have interest and still have a few potential ideas rolling in my head.  This past few days has been crazy... been busy with RL things, so probably won't have a definitive answer till after the weekend, when I get more free time.

I do still want to ask about maybe playing Agent 47 (or upcoming Aug 2015); might be like our beloved Resident Evil characters and originate from a video game, but he now has two big screen appearances by two different actors.

I won't claim "success" or any major critical appeal of said films, as like the Resident Evil movies.... it's a "fandom" thing for the most part.  But Agent 47 can claim "Hollywood" status by a human actor.

And personally, I think it'd be interesting to see what sort of "trouble", friendships, etc.; he could make across different universes with his skill set.  While firearms might not function (or at the very least, ammo resupply would be unavailable in say fantasy worlds like the Hobbit), he's still a skilled unarmed combatant and could probably make do with medieval weaponry if it came to combat.

And well he like most of the terminators, isn't exactly the most socially skilled.  So unless he happened to meet someone or a group of people that sort of "took him in", and helped changed that... he'd be the "wandering" assassin.

Blinkin

For the life of me, I don't know why I thought of Agent 86 from Get Smart...
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

sleepingferret

Quote from: Blinkin on June 20, 2015, 05:57:33 PM
For the life of me, I don't know why I thought of Agent 86 from Get Smart...

I hadn't even thought of that series, in my musings.  Oh well, one more thing to think about, I suppose.  Although, I'd have to do like a "Get Smart" binge, to do those characters any justice... it's been so long since I've seen that.

Cynadea

The issue that I have with Agent 47 is that the movie is not even out yet.  So you would be basing your character sheet on the game rather than on movie content which can differ from one another and in that case the movie would be the way to go for that game.  You would have to wait until the movie is out to make sure that the sheet is accurate.  If you go with Olyphant's version (the 2007 version) then it's fine.

Regarding characters that have different version/actor, I could accept both if they are in alternate timelines like full reboots.  I've agreed to have the BBC Sherlock and the RDJ movie Sherlock in the previous incarnation of the game.  I would have loved to watch these two in the same room, trying to outsmart one another (and in BBC's case, finally finding someone who is his match in intellect) I'd agree to have more than one Batman, too.

I'd love to see some Resident Evil characters, Star Wars, Star Trek, more Avengers/Agents of SHIELD, Lord of The Rings, James Bond, TV show Heroes, the humans from Alien(s) who could fight NPC Xenomorphs, Navi from Avatar though they would have to be able to live with oxygen (I know they aren't human characters, but they aren't cartoons/Anime either), The Matrix, Game of Thrones, Buffy/Angel, Spartacus, Lost, Mad Max, Hawaii 5-0 (new or old), Blue bloods, House, Grey's Anatomy, etc. There are a lot of possibilities here.

sleepingferret

Quote from: Aysande on June 21, 2015, 09:56:47 PM
The issue that I have with Agent 47 is that the movie is not even out yet.  So you would be basing your character sheet on the game rather than on movie content which can differ from one another and in that case the movie would be the way to go for that game.  You would have to wait until the movie is out to make sure that the sheet is accurate.  If you go with Olyphant's version (the 2007 version) then it's fine.

Very well, then I believe I spend some time tomorrow, thinking and writing then.  Because, what I had in mind overall, wasn't impacted by the version itself.  Because neither (nor did any of the games), changed the "essence" of what he is.  The movies change his origins and such, but that will just make for a different story to play from.

Heck, I've yet to really even see a James Bond or even a Batman film that hasn't done a bit of that here and there.  So it'll be like being Boba Fett, without the fancy spaceship, armor suit, and blaster pistol lol.