Villains and Vigelantes [M seeking F, NC Superhero genre ]

Started by Wraithlight, January 06, 2011, 11:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wraithlight

Having returned after  a bit of a break I thought I might relist my slighty updated list of Cravings

I have in mind some form of Superheroic game, but with a very down to earth feel. Dark rain soaked city streets filled with muggers, gangs, hitmen, corrupt cops and politicians, avaricious mobsters and heartless corporations.  I'm a big fan of Batman and have a very Gotham City like background in mind, although this city could be anywhere in the world.

Fighting an endless battle to clean up the streets would be our alluring heroine. I had envisaged her as a mortal woman, relying on her own highly developed skills, perhaps a wealthy businesswoman driven by her past, a cop driven to take the law into her own hands, or a journalist or TV reporter seeking to do more than just observe. There's bound to be plenty of other excellent character concepts and ideas out there however, so I'm very open to suggestions and ideas ! Low level super powers might work, but there should always be the ever present element of danger.

Ideally I'd like enjoyable plots, with adventure, perhaps some intrigue, plenty of action and preferably a healthy dose of adult sinfulness if our vigelante beauty doesn't emerge victorious. I am very much a fan of the superheroic genre, with sleek costumes and mysterious masks a definite must. My taste in adult rp certainly veers strongly towards the non con, but I'm pretty flexible on how non con it has to be.

To ensure a quick response, please could you reply in PM. Thanks :)

I thought I’d add a few ideas for storylines in...mostly short ones, but they could easily form part of a larger plot line.

Hostage
It should have been a simple takedown....but something goes wrong...and the bad guys bag themselves another hostage.  Captured and held in a building surrounded by the police and the media, what will happen next ?

‘We don’t like Vigilantes around here’
Perhaps a fight was lost, and they find her barely conscious in an alley, perhaps the fight was won and the bad guys are lying on the floor groaning...but the city cops are more interested in bagging themselves an illegal vigilante tonight. Does she escape....or does she end up in the cold impersonal clutches of the law...

‘Gaol Blues’
Mickey the Shift reputedly knows where the Maroni family hid their ledgers before they went down in flames in the West Curve war and those books will give up half the dirty cops in the city. Trouble is, Mickey’s in the city jail, and he isn’t getting out soon. Maybe someone tough enough could break into jail and persuade Mickey to give up the info.  Of course...it would be risky....all sorts of bad people in that hellish place.

‘Its a Trap !’
The  Blue Blades. The new guys on the block. Just as you take one gang down, the next one crawls out of a hole. They’ve taken over the old bar on 45th Street and they’ve called you out. Its obviously a trap...but you can handle it..right ?

SuperHeather

Hi Wraithlight!

I love being a superheroine in all sorts of different scenarios.  I am brand new here, and still haven't figured out how to get around and stuff, but I'm definitely up for some grueling heroic adventures.

Within your established gritty heroic genre, I see myself as playing a vigilante who is highly skilled - but still a novice.  She would ultimately have some personal stake in her heroic endeavors - perhaps a personal score to settle.

I'd love to meet up with you and discuss these possibilities further.  This sounds like a lot of fun!

- SuperHeather

Wraithlight

Hi Heather...sorry for the slow response.

Your ideas sound great...a novice heroine gives lots of opportunities for character development if thats your sort of thing. I'm still pretty much feeling my way around here as well...so drop me a PM if thats good...and we'll see what we can cook up :)

Wraithlight

And a few more ideas....keeps me amused thinking them up :)

Foreign Holiday

As if the city didn't have enough problems, someone new has opened up for business in town. Their stock and trade, girls fresh of the street, shipped to parts unknown to satisfy the taste of foreign buyers. Time for a reminder about who owns these streets. Just how will this turn out though. Is this new organisation perhaps a little better organised than expected...or is the only way to find out where these girls have gone to offer them bait they can't resist. A famous costumed vigelante....should fetch a good price in Tokyo, Beijing, Delhi, Moscow, Baghdad, Bangkok or any number of other less than salburious destinations. Or perhaps careful surveillance and a hastily bought plane ticket will lead her to her prize, only to discover the dangers of operating on someone elses home turf.

Thrillseeker.

Some fight crime because of duty, others for revenge or justice. But some..some just do it for the kicks. After, when you're rich and bored, and the husband isn't coming home tonight..again...what better way to fill the night than to slide into something skintight and sultry and stalk the city streets. After all, daddy's money paid for the best Krav Maga lessons, hubby's hardly going to notice if some of her allowance goes on stun gas and smoke bombs and nothing beats the rush of teaching the city's lowlifes just what real class is. Where's the harm in giving them a little teaser of what they'll be missing in jail...watch them get all hot and bothered as the cuffs go on. A girls got to make her own amusement...and its not like any of them are ever going to actually lay a hand on a woman of her class..right ?

The Prodigal Daughter

A slight departure into a Western theme here, but not really straying to far...

A daughter watches her father struggle to cope with a wild and tough western town and resolves to help. Of course, he'd pack his precious girl of back to the East if she started acting like the son he never had, but who would suspect the daring masked beauty in sinfully tight leather with matching ebony Colts is really the prim and proper daughter of the local Mayor. The town elders certainly don't approve and the local sheriff's out to get her, but the bad guys are learning quickly that she's cleaning up this town, one bullet at a time.

Wraithlight

When Tofu just isn't quite enough...

This is perhaps more of a development of an earlier idea, with more detail and character background. As always, such things are open for discussion and improvement.

Our heroine is a reporter for a well know left of centre newspaper, a firey feminist and a strong social campaigner with little time for any sort of love life, perhaps a few dalliances with the sort of sensitive intelligent men, blessed with a social conscience, that she encounters during her work.

It is a world with superheroes, but only a few, and they don’t tend to spend much time in the tough inner city neighbourhoods that our heroine does. They don’t see the crime, the exploitation, the grim realities of urban life...no..they’re too busy saving the world.

Incensed by the exploitation of the poor by the criminal organisations, the corrupt politicians, the uncaring corporations, our heroine has decided upon a vigilante path. She’s comes from a wealthy family, although she’d never admit it, and has resources, the dedication, and the burning motivation to bring some justice to these neighbourhoods.

Of course she needs a disguise. She’s well known,  often on those serious TV news shows banging the table about the conditions of the inner city neighbourhoods...so a different image...one so far from her serious plain journalist with a social conscience look that no one would ever suspect.

And thus a new vigilante superheroine is born. Curves normally hidden are emphasised in skintight bodysuit, a flowing wig covering her  close cropped hair and untouched lips are painted dark and seductive red. Her educated upper class accent, repressed for so many years is now employed to good effect.  A look designed distract and stun, to take advantage of your average thug’s inability to think with anything but his crotch, a subtle blow for feminism she tells herself.

Of course it’s no easy task, being a vigilante in these neighbourhoods.  Her foes are dangerous and deadly and the men at the top well protected, but...it’s also thrilling.... the rush of taking on men twice her size and emerging victorious.

Soon, our heroine is subtley addicted to  not just the excitement however.  Her alluring image is one she makes good use of, but it adds another level of excitement to her nocturnal activities. The excitement of manipulating men, of playing a teasing game of brinksmanship with them, the rough and raw nature of their desires, the thrill of what could happen, what might happen, what she might let happen...its intoxicating. Suddenly Jeremy , with his sensitive nature, his love of tofu and his concern for the environment just isn’t thrilling her any more.  She needs to wear the costume, to feel the adrenaline rush....to push the boundaries that little bit further...
Who knows what might happen...?

Mind Games

A new villain in town, and this one has a devious knack for mental games. A trap set, a minor crime more than it seems, and our heroine wakes dazed..unsure what happened. Unbeknown to her , she's been dosed with a drug that hampers her skills, perhaps her confidence and courage. Nights on patrol become nightmares, as each fight seems to go horribly wrong, and her abilities seem to have failed her. How will she deal with this..who can she turn to...and can she really trust anyone to help.

When plans go bad...

A masked vigelante, wanting to interrogate some Mob lieutenants, masquerades as a high class call girl to lure one to a hotel room, her plan is to gas him, slip into her costume and then interrogate him. The plan goes a bit awry however, with the Mob man drugging her drink to make this 'working girl' more compliant. Disorientated and submissive from the effects of the drug she ends up having to provide all the services he desires. Once he leaves, confused and dazed she pulls on her costume, planning to go after him. The drugs are still affecting her though..and woozy and tired she passes out on the bed, to be found by some hotel security guards....with all sorts of possible consequences.

Puppetmasters

Just another night on patrol, and then what looks like a simple mugging to deal with...turns into something much worse.

Some government organisation have decided they need a deniable asset, and a dark and dangerous vigilante who has been tearing up the rule book on fighting crime seems like a good choice. A trap is laid, a heroine captured, and in some hidden safe house, mask and costume laid on the table before her, our heroine is offered a harsh choice. Work for them, or have all her secrets laid bare.

Of course, these people aren’t James Bond and Emma Peel. The missions aren’t pretty, and she’s not just deniable, she’s expendable as well.  Easier for the agency team to break in if the guards are dealing with the vigilante they just ‘captured’. Quicker to locate a foreign terrorist by following the tracker on the bound heroine being brought to him as a trophy. And her ‘handler’ is keen on ensuring she knows who’s in charge.

No Country for Superheroines

You were supposed to be the next Captain America, granted superpowers by the government, trained to be the best of the best and presented to the media with a fanfare of PR hype.

To bad that it was all a lie. The reality was that you were a just a puppet, selected for your media appeal, costume designed by focus group, dispatched on missions chosen more for their PR profile than their importance to the war against crime. The government saw you as its property, to do with as it wished...and perhaps a few politicians started thinking the same.

So you went rogue, slipped your handlers and went underground. New identity, new life...and a new costume. A chance now to use your powers for real good.

The government doesn't give up so easily though. Those powers represent a significant investment, and one they want back. Next time they won't make the mistake of allowing you free will.

Batgirl/Batwoman

Not normally a huge fan of cannon characters but I am a bit of a Batman fan. I'd love to do a story with a grown up Batgirl, or maybe a Batwoman. Imagine a Gotham where Batman is retiring, and the mantle passes on to a grown up Barbara, or perhaps Cassandra Cain or even another OC. I'm thinking a mature, sleek and alluring Batgirl, making jaws drop and kicking ass as she lets the criminals of Gotham know she's just as tough as her former mentor. (aaand maybe getting into a bit of NC trouble here and there)

Catwoman: Guardian of Gotham

Not really a big fan of cannon, honest guv, but this character hasn't been used that much so its still open for someone to put their spin on.

An alternative universe version of Catwoman, in a world where Batman is the villain and Catwoman the heroine.

-----------

A couple of caveats to note:

a) I'm only really available for play on the forums or by email/PM. Just don't have the time for IM games

b) I'm really only looking for adventures in a superhero genre. This doesn't neccessarily mean superpowers, but costumes, secret identities and similar details pertinent to the genre are important. (So sue me, I read too many comics :) )

c) Plot is good. Sure I want plenty of sinful NC wickedness, but I really enjoy all that mixed in with detailed characters and a good story line.

d) I'm prefer my partner to be female. I'm generally much more comfortable with females playing females as a rule.

Katy1008

Not sure that it is quite what you are thinking but I could perhaps play a lawyer... looking to find the evidence to bring as many of the 'villains' to trial as possible, whether they be recognized cons with long histories, members of the mob or corrupt officials/police officers. Maybe this could work around the ideas you posted, but I wasn't necessarily imagining being a 'secret' vigilante.

K

Embiechan

I am VERY interested in your "Prodigal Daughter" storyline. Shoot me a PM if it's still available.

Wraithlight

Tidied a few of the ideas into one post and added "Puppetmasters"

schnookums

Definitely like the cut of your jib here with your ideas...I am intrigued with a couple of scenarios specifically,  those being "When plans go bad" and "Prodigal daughter" if you're still looking for partners.

Wraithlight

Returning after somewhat of a sabattical and hoping that I can stir up some excitement. Have modified the first post to reflect this...

iridum248

I'm certainly interested in the 'Thrillseeker' idea. It's *very* high to find female superheroines who wear masks that aren't silly, though.

Wraithlight

Decrepitdan

Hey there-

I'd like to discuss your 'Mind Games' rp idea. Also, I thought I might recommend you check out my rp thread, as I had a couple supers rp ideas that I think you would be interested in.

Wraithlight