News:

Main Menu

Minecraft!

Started by Dizzi, January 28, 2011, 12:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syauglan

Wow. Not being able to delete posts sucks when you're 'unapproved'. Mods, please?  :-*

Kunoichi

Quote from: Syauglan on July 08, 2011, 11:12:33 PM
Curse them! We hates them! Peaceful difficulty setting is our friend.

Seriously though, I've built stuff like dense forests so I can include them as interesting locations on an MP server for newb friends I'm expecting to get into Minecraft a few months from now. I know that as soon as they discover them fire they'll burn them down. I do it anyway. Screw it. If they do that I'll burn their houses down, with the lemons.

And if they make their houses out of Cobblestone? :P

But yeah, making a cool custom MP server for your friends sounds like something really awesome to do. ^^

Nadir

Fire is too slow. Use TNT.

mannik

Quote from: Eden on July 08, 2011, 11:19:21 PM
Fire is too slow. Use TNT.

No! If you run around blowing your friend's stuff up...then you'd just be a creeper in disguise.

Kunoichi

Or a griefer, at the very least. :P

Nadir

How about just luring a creeper into their home then locking it in?

Also, Vechs is such a troll. 

klamity

Quote from: Eden on July 09, 2011, 09:40:46 AM

My god. I was attempting to dig a shortcut tunnel to both the section with the weird snaky lines of material and the castle (intersection one) and the bastard put tnt in the walls! And at the beginning of the rail tracks!

Nadir

And in the square block on the road to the floating twisty sand part. Oh, have you looked down at the lava under the intersection? I saw a dark pixel so mined down the side of the wall to see what it was. A chest. So I built a bridge across to it. It contained the epic treasure of... one lone torch.

¬_¬

But I did find a big stash of coal and smoothstone. I don't think I've ever marvelled at the speed of stone tools more than I do right now.

I've not managed to find the achievement temple yet, but I have got two of the treasure blocks - one orange wool and one white.

klamity

I just found the white wool, and the TWANG! temple in the same zone. Trust me, go there. Its lower in the area, but the whole area has soooo much. A bow, stone tool set, loooots of rails, loooots of powered rails, steps, all kinds of things. Im moving my main base there asap

Nadir

I saw that stuff, but it's not the temple. I've set up a house on the crossroads.

Uh, protip. Beware the Greenhouse in the Eastern Commons.

mannik

Quote from: Eden on July 09, 2011, 09:40:46 AM
How about just luring a creeper into their home then locking it in?

Did that once on complete accident to one of my neighbors on the SMP server I play on...Went into his house to look around, it was nice. Turned around to leave and Ssssss Boom! Half his living room was gone.

I tried to repair the damage, but he had the area protected so I couldn't make any changes....any block I placed dissapeared and went back into my inventory.

Nadir

Anyone doing the Legendary map - I've found the magenta wool in a mossy cobblestone dock in East Commons and the yellow in the Castle of Jealousy off the 2nd intersection. The fortress in East Commons... yeah, don't go. The prize is a stick. ¬_¬

Still no sign of the Achievement Temple.   

Calison

Does anyone have any tips on making a mushroom farm? I know the things spread very slowly, but at the moment I have an essential "dark" room set up, above ground (high in the air in fact as I've constructed most of my buildings and farms in midair) and they hardly spreading at all. I have a couple of torches in the room to prevent monsters from spawning inside, but it is going waaay slower than I was expecting.

Nadir

Try using redstone torches instead of coal ones, they throw just enough light to keep the mobs from spawning but don't hinder the 'shrooms growth.

Calison

It worked like a charm! Thanks Eden!

Braioch

I fear the day I'll have the money to play this game....
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Nadir

One of us, one of us! *wriggles fingers at Brai*

klamity

So, folks, I need a small bit of assistance for building plans and such.

When i complete my next 'figure' (Master Chief holding an energy sword) ill be out of things to make! ):

What I want some help is with...

Good boat plans to be blown up for that airship

AND (wait for it...)

A full sized screenshot that I can turn into a painting of the final battle with Chaos from Final Fantasy 1. Thats right, the whole battle screen. All built with no fly mods.

If you guys have anything like that, or more ideas you have, It'd be much appreciated :D

Nadir

I can't help, my builds are usually silly.

klamity

What site are you using to host images?

Also, how are you using the img http code? :S

If I get those I will share my stuff!

Nadir

Photobucket, and it's BBCode, not http

[img]imageurlhere.jpg[/img]

Harley

Do you guys have a secret multi-server you play on?   I am kinda in the mood to play with other people, even if I am a bit of a hermit in minecraft.   

Nadir

I mostly play solo.

Harley

All right.   I guess I'll play a custom map.

I wanted to try this one, but I don't know what to do with a .rar file.  -_-

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/389807-surv-the-dome/

Nadir

7-zip is a freeware programme that will let you access it, if you don't have winrar.