Hyborian Age(Conan Setting) - <Full> (Extreme, N/C, Freeform)

Started by Moraline, May 09, 2013, 03:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moraline

Quote from: vin26m on May 11, 2013, 09:32:28 PM
Nicely done, Moraline.  Thanks.
You're welcome but you didn't use it. LOL. 

That's okay, I forgot to include the tags for it before I took off last night so I updated the original post with a tag example.

Please Tag Posts with:
[float=left][IMG height=200 padding=8] <insert image> [/float]

[b]Name:[/b]  <maybe hyperlink your characters name to your character sheet, see OOC notes if you need the hyperlink>
[b]Nationality:[/b]  <Cimmerian, Aquilonian, Zingaran, Shemite, Stygian, etc..>
[b]Class/Skill Set:[/b] <see character lists if needed>
[b]Location:[/b]  <where in scene, street, inside, backroom, etc...>
[b]Tagged:[/b]  <who you're with>

[hr]

vin26m

Quote from: Moraline on May 12, 2013, 07:44:59 AM
You're welcome but you didn't use it. LOL. 

Now I did!  Stole a scene from a comic.  I hope Phaia is okay with me putting Goose with Cormac.  If not, I'll change it up.

Lorelei

I am putting a character idea together right now.  I was going to make a redheaded spy/assassin type so Vin26m, assuming it is cool with you, I was thinking my character could actually be the redheaded dancing girl who is currently dancing for Cormac.

RevAtArms

Moraline

Quote from: vin26m on May 12, 2013, 10:25:46 AM
Your post was bad-ass, Rev.
Indeed it was a good post and glad you guys are starting. 

Any questions, comments or anything so far?

For anyone reading this:

We haven't official begun yet and we are stilling looking for a couple more players.

vin26m

Quote from: Lorelei on May 12, 2013, 12:37:46 PM
I am putting a character idea together right now.  I was going to make a redheaded spy/assassin type so Vin26m, assuming it is cool with you, I was thinking my character could actually be the redheaded dancing girl who is currently dancing for Cormac.

Ooh, sounds good to me!

Lorelei

Here's my character idea.  Please let me know if any edits are required.  I made her bad in direct combat so to avoid minimize overlap with Mongoose's skills.   Hopefully I will be reverified soon and if that occurs, I would be interested in playing.  Thanks.

Character Name: Mira
Player: Lorelei
Country of Origin: Brythunia, by way of Shadizar the Wicked in Zamora.
Deity(s):  Ishtar

Height: 5ft 7in
Weight: 121 lbs
Eyes: Green
Hair: Red
Distinguishing Features/Markings/Scars/Tattoos: Fiery red hair. 

Class/Skill Background:  Spy/Assassin/Whore.  What Mira lacks in strength and speed, she makes up with her keen mind and distracting beauty.  She is adept at disguise and deceit, with quick fingers and a quicker wit. Whether it is through eavesdropping, carousing, theft, pillow talk or seduction, no secret is safe from her.  And on those occasions requiring a more permanent solution, her knowledge of poisons allows her to discretely eliminate the target.

Weapons Specialties:  Stiletto.  Poison.  Mira prefers to avoid direct confrontation and is skilled at quickly dispatching an opponent she has caught unaware.   

Weapons:  Stiletto.  Sap.  Poison Ring.

Armor:  none

Equipment/Supplies
-basic thieving tools
-poisons
-hair brush, a polished metal hand mirror, makeup, several wigs, perfume
-a small carved idol of Ishtar
-standard travelling provisions including a pack, blanket and bedroll
-travelling clothes complete with boots and cloak
-a commoner's dress
-a fine dress with sandals
-a beggar's robe
-linen undergarments
-dancing silks along with bells

Personality Traits:  Full of spirit and fire, Mira is often mischevious, playful, flamboyant and bold.  In the company of men, she is beguiling and seductive, well versed in separating a man from his silver. 
Among women, she is more careful, realizing that those of the fairer sex are far more likely to see through any deceptions. 
Racial Animosities:  Mira has the typical biases of a Hyborean but has no real racial animosities. 
Phobias:  Snakes, spiders, rats, insects.

Bio & Notes:  Mira was born and raised in a small Brythunian town near the border with Zamora.  Her father was a drunk and a notoriously unsuccessful merchant whose only achievements in life were losing large sums of money gambling and having his wife run off from him.  For the most part, he treated Mira with benign neglect until the day he sold her to Zamoran traders to cover his ever mounting gambling debt.

Willful and proud, she resisted enslavement even as she was placed on the auction block.  She passed through the hands of a variety of masters, surviving through a combination of beauty, charm, wits and cunning.  Her last master was an infamous merchant with grotesque tastes.  Unable to tolerate his attentions, she slit his throat one day and disappeared into the streets of Shadizar. 

On her own, she survived the only way she knew how, by taking money from men.  Sometimes she sold her flesh, sometimes she stole but the silver kept on coming.  That was how she attracted the attention of one of the local thieves' guilds.  She was given an invitation she could not refuse, brutally initiated by being repeatedly ravished and then made a member.  It was with the guild that she developed her knack for poisons, spycraft and deception which she later put to great use in orchestrating her eventual flight from Shadizar...

I have read to and understand the Oath of Drake.

Lorelei

Here's my portrait.  I can't edit my own posts, maybe it has something to do with being deverified. 

Lorelei

Quote from: vin26m on May 12, 2013, 01:29:13 PM
Ooh, sounds good to me!

Sounds great!  So for now, I'm not going to post anything in character until after I am properly reverified and get the GM's approval.    In the 'Leaky Wench' thread, feel free to continue to post and have my character do various sneaky, wanton, lustful actions - whatever seems appropriate.  I figure she's in disguise and acting under alias for some reason. 

vin26m

Quote from: Lorelei on May 12, 2013, 01:47:08 PM
Sounds great!  So for now, I'm not going to post anything in character until after I am properly reverified and get the GM's approval.    In the 'Leaky Wench' thread, feel free to continue to post and have my character do various sneaky, wanton, lustful actions - whatever seems appropriate.  I figure she's in disguise and acting under alias for some reason.

Okay, I'll keep it in mind when I have her act some more.

Phaia

ya all had to start this on mother's day!!  :P :P
I am trying to work up a normal image with blue hair but for now will just use the one shown

Phaia

Moraline

Quote from: Lorelei on May 12, 2013, 01:37:51 PM
Here's my character idea.  Please let me know if any edits are required.  I made her bad in direct combat so to avoid minimize overlap with Mongoose's skills.   Hopefully I will be reverified soon and if that occurs, I would be interested in playing.  Thanks.

Character Name: Mira
Player: Lorelei
Country of Origin: Brythunia, by way of Shadizar the Wicked in Zamora.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Deity(s):  Ishtar

Height: 5ft 7in
Weight: 121 lbs
Eyes: Green
Hair: Red
Distinguishing Features/Markings/Scars/Tattoos: Fiery red hair. 

Class/Skill Background:  Spy/Assassin/Whore.  What Mira lacks in strength and speed, she makes up with her keen mind and distracting beauty.  She is adept at disguise and deceit, with quick fingers and a quicker wit. Whether it is through eavesdropping, carousing, theft, pillow talk or seduction, no secret is safe from her.  And on those occasions requiring a more permanent solution, her knowledge of poisons allows her to discretely eliminate the target.

Weapons Specialties:  Stiletto.  Poison.  Mira prefers to avoid direct confrontation and is skilled at quickly dispatching an opponent she has caught unaware.   

Weapons:  Stiletto.  Sap.  Poison Ring.

Armor:  none

Equipment/Supplies
-basic thieving tools
-poisons
-hair brush, a polished metal hand mirror, makeup, several wigs, perfume
-a small carved idol of Ishtar
-standard travelling provisions including a pack, blanket and bedroll
-travelling clothes complete with boots and cloak
-a commoner's dress
-a fine dress with sandals
-a beggar's robe
-linen undergarments
-dancing silks along with bells

Personality Traits:  Full of spirit and fire, Mira is often mischevious, playful, flamboyant and bold.  In the company of men, she is beguiling and seductive, well versed in separating a man from his silver. 
Among women, she is more careful, realizing that those of the fairer sex are far more likely to see through any deceptions. 
Racial Animosities:  Mira has the typical biases of a Hyborean but has no real racial animosities. 
Phobias:  Snakes, spiders, rats, insects.

Bio & Notes:  Mira was born and raised in a small Brythunian town near the border with Zamora.  Her father was a drunk and a notoriously unsuccessful merchant whose only achievements in life were losing large sums of money gambling and having his wife run off from him.  For the most part, he treated Mira with benign neglect until the day he sold her to Zamoran traders to cover his ever mounting gambling debt.

Willful and proud, she resisted enslavement even as she was placed on the auction block.  She passed through the hands of a variety of masters, surviving through a combination of beauty, charm, wits and cunning.  Her last master was an infamous merchant with grotesque tastes.  Unable to tolerate his attentions, she slit his throat one day and disappeared into the streets of Shadizar. 

On her own, she survived the only way she knew how, by taking money from men.  Sometimes she sold her flesh, sometimes she stole but the silver kept on coming.  That was how she attracted the attention of one of the local thieves' guilds.  She was given an invitation she could not refuse, brutally initiated by being repeatedly ravished and then made a member.  It was with the guild that she developed her knack for poisons, spycraft and deception which she later put to great use in orchestrating her eventual flight from Shadizar...

I have read to and understand the Oath of Drake.
The character is great, I fully approve.

Quote from: Phaia on May 12, 2013, 02:41:12 PM
ya all had to start this on mother's day!!  :P :P
I am trying to work up a normal image with blue hair but for now will just use the one shown

Phaia
I like your characters image, you don't have to change it if you don't want to.  As for getting this started, don't worry about it. We haven't officially started anything yet.

Still looking for a couple of more players!

Lithium

Character Name:  Xifeng (often shortened to Xi)
Player:  Lithium
Country of Origin:  Khitai
Deity(s):  Fenghuang

Height:  5'4"
Weight:  114 lbs.
Eyes:  Black
Hair:  Black
Distinguishing Features/Markings/Scars/Tattoos:  Tattoo of Fenghuang (Khitai Phoenix) on her left arm, shoulder, side and approximately one third of her back (covers some light burn scars, making them virtually unnoticeable); round scar through the back and palm of her right hand; jade navel piercing.

Class/Skill Background:  Priestess of Fenghuang, a highly skilled martial artist with some knowledge of herbal remedies and cooking.

Weapons Specialties:  Hook Swords, kamas

WeaponsPair of hook Swords, kon (bamboo staff)

Armor:  None. She usually wears little more than a pair of sandals, a bright orange strip of linen around her breasts, a loincloth made up of a matching linen belt and two long strips that hang past her knees, and a set of wide jade bracelets and anklets that are purely decorative.

Equipment/Supplies:  Rations, waterskin, wineskin, whetstone, robe, small mortar and pestle made of hardened wood, several little pouches filled with various herbs and spices.

Personality Traits:  Xifeng is very sociable, friendly and vivacious, so she gets along rather well with most people, or at the very least most people who aren't immediately prejudiced against a woman with a pair of swords slung across her back. She's honest, dauntless and even a little cocky, rarely ever feeling the need to resort to underhanded tactics. Xifeng lives for the pleasure of living, and although she's loyal to a certain point, she's also unapologetically egocentric, looking out for herself first and foremost.
Racial Animosities:  Very mistrustful of Hyrkanians
Phobias:  Paralysis (by poison or magic more than injury), claustrophobia, being buried alive

Bio & Notes:  Brought into the world by a couple of starving peasants who didn't even have the means to feed themselves, let alone a newborn, Xifeng was handed off to a group of wandering monks that routinely went from village to village in order to find and take in unwanted children. It was no evil scheme for them to collect slaves or test subjects for some of Khitai's infamous dark sorcerers. The monks were truly benevolent folk, and this practice allowed them to maintain their numbers while at the same time doing some good and saving a few lives.

For sixteen years, Xifeng was raised in a monastery located somewhere in the mountain range that separated Khitai from Hyrkania. Her days were long, filled with chores, lessons and training, but they were also very rewarding. She enjoyed her life. And then, on one starless night, a Hyrkanian raiding party descended upon her adoptive home, pillaging it and leaving nothing but debris and ashes in their wake. Xifeng fought hard, but she couldn't stop the enemy from killing or enslaving every single person that she'd ever known.

She was the only one to escape that fate, only to be hunted across the mountains by the cruel Hyrkanians for weeks. It was the most grueling and harrowing experience of her life, one which she'd much rather forget, but miraculously Xifeng survived and managed to find refuge in Kusan. From there, with no real home to go back to, she just kept heading west in search of adventure and the next tavern where she could stop for a drink.

I agree to and understand The Oath of the Drake.

Moraline

Quote from: Lithium on May 12, 2013, 05:35:34 PM

Character Name:  Xifeng (often shortened to Xi)
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Player:  Lithium
Country of Origin:  Khitai
Deity(s):  Fenghuang

Height:  5'4"
Weight:  114 lbs.
Eyes:  Black
Hair:  Black
Distinguishing Features/Markings/Scars/Tattoos:  Tattoo of Fenghuang (Khitai Phoenix) on her left arm, shoulder, side and approximately one third of her back (covers some light burn scars, making them virtually unnoticeable); round scar through the back and palm of her right hand; jade navel piercing.

Class/Skill Background:  Priestess of Fenghuang, a highly skilled martial artist with some knowledge of herbal remedies and cooking.

Weapons Specialties:  Hook Swords, kamas

WeaponsPair of hook Swords, kon (bamboo staff)

Armor:  None. She usually wears little more than a pair of sandals, a bright orange strip of linen around her breasts, a loincloth made up of a matching linen belt and two long strips that hang past her knees, and a set of wide jade bracelets and anklets that are purely decorative.

Equipment/Supplies:  Rations, waterskin, wineskin, whetstone, robe, small mortar and pestle made of hardened wood, several little pouches filled with various herbs and spices.

Personality Traits:  Xifeng is very sociable, friendly and vivacious, so she gets along rather well with most people, or at the very least most people who aren't immediately prejudiced against a woman with a pair of swords slung across her back. She's honest, dauntless and even a little cocky, rarely ever feeling the need to resort to underhanded tactics. Xifeng lives for the pleasure of living, and although she's loyal to a certain point, she's also unapologetically egocentric, looking out for herself first and foremost.
Racial Animosities:  Very mistrustful of Hyrkanians
Phobias:  Paralysis (by poison or magic more than injury), claustrophobia, being buried alive

Bio & Notes:  Brought into the world by a couple of starving peasants who didn't even have the means to feed themselves, let alone a newborn, Xifeng was handed off to a group of wandering monks that routinely went from village to village in order to find and take in unwanted children. It was no evil scheme for them to collect slaves or test subjects for some of Khitai's infamous dark sorcerers. The monks were truly benevolent folk, and this practice allowed them to maintain their numbers while at the same time doing some good and saving a few lives.

For sixteen years, Xifeng was raised in a monastery located somewhere in the mountain range that separated Khitai from Hyrkania. Her days were long, filled with chores, lessons and training, but they were also very rewarding. She enjoyed her life. And then, on one starless night, a Hyrkanian raiding party descended upon her adoptive home, pillaging it and leaving nothing but debris and ashes in their wake. Xifeng fought hard, but she couldn't stop the enemy from killing or enslaving every single person that she'd ever known.

She was the only one to escape that fate, only to be hunted across the mountains by the cruel Hyrkanians for weeks. It was the most grueling and harrowing experience of her life, one which she'd much rather forget, but miraculously Xifeng survived and managed to find refuge in Kusan. From there, with no real home to go back to, she just kept heading west in search of adventure and the next tavern where she could stop for a drink.

I agree to and understand The Oath of the Drake.
Welcome to the group, character approved. 

If you want to, you can hop in and join the others at the The Leaky Wench of Kordava (IC) (thread has been created for a little Tavern RP before the game officially begins.)

Players signed up so far with Characters:

I'll probably post up the main threads and get the ball rolling sometime tomorrow.

TheLegionary

This seems to be very interesting! When are you planning to start?

Moraline

Quote from: TheLegionary on May 12, 2013, 06:45:05 PM
This seems to be very interesting! When are you planning to start?
I'll probably post up the main threads and get the ball rolling sometime tomorrow.  Right now they are doing some light tavern RP and getting to know each other.

I can bring new faces into the game at any time though.

Muse

*pops up and looks around.* 

Am I too late to apply? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Moraline

Quote from: Muse on May 12, 2013, 07:05:27 PM
  *pops up and looks around.* 

Am I too late to apply?
Never too late. Post up a character sheet if you wish. Although as a fair warning we are lite on female players & characters.

*Definitely need more Female players & characters*

TheLegionary

well, I think I arrived late, since I am not very good at playing female characters.

Moraline

Quote from: TheLegionary on May 12, 2013, 07:10:00 PM
well, I think I arrived late, since I am not very good at playing female characters.
We are still accepting all players. We just happen to need females to help balance out the cast.

CurvyKitten

I was looking at this one as well, how many woman are you needing I have an idea for a female character.

TheLegionary

Moraline,

Thank you for your clarification. As I will not be playing female characters, I think I wll have to wait for another occasion.

:(

Hugs,

TL

Lorelei

Okay, here is my third attempt to get my portrait up.  Hope it works.  And  for some reason, I still can't edit my posts.

Quote from: Lorelei on May 12, 2013, 01:43:03 PM
Here's my portrait.  I can't edit my own posts, maybe it has something to do with being deverified. 

Moraline

Quote from: CurvyKitten on May 12, 2013, 07:18:05 PM
I was looking at this one as well, how many woman are you needing I have an idea for a female character.
We would love to have you. I'm hoping to get a couple more females. I'm not trying to pair people up but it just flows better when there's a good ratio.

Looking forward to seeing your character sheet.

Quote from: Lorelei on May 12, 2013, 07:44:44 PM
Okay, here is my third attempt to get my portrait up.  Hope it works.  And  for some reason, I still can't edit my posts.

I captured it for you. I'm going to upload it to my photobucket so it doesn't disappear again on you and I'll add it to your character sheet when I post it.

Quote from: TheLegionary on May 12, 2013, 07:32:49 PM
Moraline,

Thank you for your clarification. As I will not be playing female characters, I think I wll have to wait for another occasion.

:(

Hugs,

TL
Well, if you change your mind and want in on the fun then go ahead and drop in a character sheet at any time, male or otherwise.