Obviously, stuff is broken : /

Started by Vekseid, November 22, 2009, 05:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saerrael

I was starting to think I was just being too sensitive.

*Snowblind hugs.*

Autumn Sativus

Have to agree with the headachey bit. *Rubs her eyes* I don't mean it to be picky, but it's no fun being on when it gives you a headache.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

kylie

Personal control of the theme colors would be wonderful. 
I preferred the previous set over the current one, but most of all I would like to choose my own.  :-)

Did the default font change, too?  Or just the size/view?   
Somehow, I'm honestly not finding this font look as comfortable.  (Except perhaps for minimalist sci-fi themes. It makes me think of Tron, the old Atari, etc.)
So...  Could we also have a theme control that lets us pick our own default font and size?

About the toggle to change the color of a text selection...  Noticed that when one does a coloration of text using the toggle bar and then goes immediately after that and highlights another text selection, then the selector bar still shows whatever color you just selected to "change to."  Picking a different color off the bat for the new selection, I only need one toggle.  Now if you want to pick the same new color for this second text selection, then you have to turn the bar back to "change color" first -- but that itself creates a dummy [color=] and backslash partner bracket to go with it around your selection.  Then, one could go and enter the new color for the same text selection, but if you follow me, this means an extra toggle plus cleanup of the spurious brackets.

While on the subject: Is it possible to set it up so that if you keep the same text highlighted, you could keep switching the selector bar and the code would automatically change to match the selected color for that stretch?  Rather than flipping the bar and getting a new set of brackets each time around the same selection.  Not sure if it's feasible, but it might be handy since there's only one color for each selection in the end, anyway.

Izu

One more thing I noticed...
Last night I was posting a [url=] [/url] - writing the code myself and when I posted it, it had double [url] brackets around it as if one was put automatically so I had to go and edit the post in order it to appear properly.

Ah, and another thing - we could make things bold, italic and underlined with the usual ctrl+b/i/u shortcuts, but now it is not working...

As for the color scheme.

If you need help with it, I'm up to it. CSS + Izu = best friends forever! (Unlike the bad PHP that I still should learn well by the end of the semester ; ;  )

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Cythieus

Lilias

Is it just me, or is everyone's time online meter still missing?
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Cythieus

Not sure, I never noticed that feature.

Oniya

It never seemed to be very accurate anyways.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Mithlomwen

Something else I know I'm missing is when you would go into any particular forum, whomever started the thread was in the middle column followed by the two columns for how many times it had been viewed and replied to, and then the final column listed who was the last person to post in it.  I happened to like that a LOT better than the current set up.  Not sure if that's something that can be changed? 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Torch

Quote from: Lilias on November 24, 2009, 03:34:08 AM
Is it just me, or is everyone's time online meter still missing?

It can stay missing as far as I'm concerned. Then I'm not reminded of how much time I spend here.  :P
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Kurzyk

Quote from: kylie on November 24, 2009, 12:04:01 AM
     Personal control of the theme colors would be wonderful. 
I preferred the previous set over the current one, but most of all I would like to choose my own.  :-)

I agree. The way it is now is very confusing.

Edit:

Actually correction, it's not so much confusing, its the colors. The older color scheme was easier on the eyes. The orange and blue are really offsetting on my old eyes and I have to squint heh. I know... my eyes suck. :/

Great job so far though Veks. Wish I could help, but I have no experience or expertise with programming stuff.

Valerian

Quote from: Lady Annabelle on November 22, 2009, 01:17:19 PM
I don't know if this is a problem for anybody else because it hasn't been mentioned.  It's not a big deal as I haven't checked it out on my other PC and I will be getting a new one soon as well, but...

My Shoutbox automatically starts at the top.  So, whenever I click on a page, I only see the top half of the Shoutbox and I miss the entire bottom part.  The top half shows the oldest posts while the bottom half shows the newer posts.  So, for me to see new posts in the Shoutbox, I have to scroll down every single time.  Then, when somebody posts in the Shoutbox, it automatically goes to the top.  The only way I rectify the problem is if I post in it, but that disappears when I click onto another page.

It's minor, but I just wanted to mention it in case anybody else has the same problem.
I know Lady A took back this problem later, on the grounds of an "ancient computer and sucky browser", but it's still doing that for me.  The computer's old-ish, I guess, but I'm running Windows XP Professional, which has generally been okay, and IE 8, which is... well, no worse than any version of IE.   :P  My other computer is fine, but there I have Chrome.

Anyway, it's a minor issue, of course, but might as well throw all the problems into one big heap, I guess.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Lady Annabelle

Quote from: Valerian on November 24, 2009, 08:27:36 AM
I know Lady A took back this problem later, on the grounds of an "ancient computer and sucky browser", but it's still doing that for me.  The computer's old-ish, I guess, but I'm running Windows XP Professional, which has generally been okay, and IE 8, which is... well, no worse than any version of IE.   :P  My other computer is fine, but there I have Chrome.

Anyway, it's a minor issue, of course, but might as well throw all the problems into one big heap, I guess.

Valerian, the problem still persisted when I went to a newer computer and a better browser.  The only way I have found to remedy this problem is changing from IE to Firefox.  I don't know if it is just IE, but that seemed like the only way to fix things and the reason I switched browsers.

Sorry about your issue and I hope that I could offer some help.   :-)
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Vekseid

It's working properly for me in IE8, but not IE7. May have a better look at what's up later >_>

Oreo

Quote from: Lady Annabelle on November 24, 2009, 08:50:10 AM
Valerian, the problem still persisted when I went to a newer computer and a better browser.  The only way I have found to remedy this problem is changing from IE to Firefox.  I don't know if it is just IE, but that seemed like the only way to fix things and the reason I switched browsers.

Sorry about your issue and I hope that I could offer some help.   :-)

I'm on a brand new Asus PC with Vista and Mozilla Firefox and the SB reacts that way for me, with the scroll at the top.

alxnjsh
Quote--This totally may not be an option, but it would be awesome if you could give ability to edit posts to another person. I started an RP where I put people's characters up in a thread and that was dumb of me in hindsight because every update I have to do. I wanted it to look pretty, but now it's administratively yucky. I know that staff can do edits, but something about making a post public.

I'd like to say I'm that trusting, but I wouldn't be happy to have things set up where just anyone could edit my posts. That's an all or nothing option. Someone having a snit could erase entire RPs.

The color options being made available for personal preference would be awesome.

Lastly ;D to have the smilies back

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Vekseid

Er, as for the 'anyone can edit', that's what we have the wiki for : )

Vekseid

I've 'fixed' the scrolling issue for IE7 for me. Basically what happens is it loads, calls for the data, and sets the scroll bar to the bottom. Apparently when the data gets initially loaded, it will sometimes happen after setting the scrollbar to the bottom.

I've added another call to set it to the bottom, but it may be a bit too fast (200ms was too fast for me, I felt 500ms was too noticeable, so it's now at 300ms). Let me know if it's still not working for many people and I'll up it some.

Valerian

It's still acting the same way for me, though I already have IE 8, where theoretically it shouldn't be happening at all.  *sigh*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Fragile Dreams

I'm not sure if someone else asked that. I was wondering if we could have the name of the person who started a post in a different column, like it was before, instead under the name of the post. I was finding that easier to short out the names and the topic names.

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Izu

Or can we have the inside of the forums be ordered the way the bookmarks are? :
Link to topic | Started by | Replies | Views | Latest replies

Oreo

Quote from: Vekseid on November 24, 2009, 10:18:31 AM
I've 'fixed' the scrolling issue for IE7 for me. Basically what happens is it loads, calls for the data, and sets the scroll bar to the bottom. Apparently when the data gets initially loaded, it will sometimes happen after setting the scrollbar to the bottom.

I've added another call to set it to the bottom, but it may be a bit too fast (200ms was too fast for me, I felt 500ms was too noticeable, so it's now at 300ms). Let me know if it's still not working for many people and I'll up it some.

-hugs you silly Veks- It's fixed for me now too!

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Valerian

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

HockeyGod

Quote from: Vekseid on November 24, 2009, 09:12:08 AM
Er, ass for the 'anyone can edit', that's what we have the wiki for : )

Touchy...er...touche.

Izu

Is it me or E just started loading really slowly? ._.? All my other sites are loading right away, but E takes a bit longer... or even a few clicks to get it loading...

Oreo

I had a glitch too, and couldn't get on for a few minutes.