Started by Jezabelle, September 05, 2017, 12:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silk

Xue

<looks upwards>

Invasion of the Finns?

Pity I only know two phrases in Finnish :(

Zaer Darkwail

Well, do not feel too bad. Just two words you can twist around 24 times in finnish language for different meanings or intentions ;). Most common and BEST word/phrase for finnish language is; No niin! (use english subtitles if you can or make someone translate :P)

Jezabelle

RP
Turn
Combat
OOC

Annnnd we're off to the races.

edit:
"koirankaan, koiraakaan"
Do you actually distinguish between those two words audibly?

Silk

Just as well Jeza, I was contemplating giving you a wedgie if you was much longer.  >:)

Jezabelle

Quote from: Silk on September 20, 2017, 12:37:44 PM
Just as well Jeza, I was contemplating giving you a wedgie if you was much longer.  >:)

:-* Just fifteen (15!) days since I posted the recruitment thread that we're finally getting underway.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Jezabelle on September 20, 2017, 12:24:17 PM
edit:
"koirankaan, koiraakaan"
Do you actually distinguish between those two words audibly?

Yes and they mean different things;

"Koirankaan" = "Even with a dog..."
"Koiraakaan" = "Even a dog..."

Vonandi

I was thinking about trying for a Shogunate rp wise, I'm glad to see it was actually implemented!

Jezabelle

Quote from: Vonandi on September 20, 2017, 04:53:20 PM
I was thinking about trying for a Shogunate rp wise, I'm glad to see it was actually implemented!

;3

I'd originally even considered a thing where you had to pick a puppet Emperor but that got a bit too complicated.  I'm happy to give the players what they want :D

FollonStars

I feel like people are scared off by the fact that we've already started  :-(

People are still wanted for the RP! It might throw a wrench in people's plans, but that's what makes this fun!

Zahard

Yep. I can attest that wrenches being thrown into one's plans is part of the fun. 2 for 2 in the game so far for me. :P

Vonandi

Clan Aka ka could certainly use another player should someone be interested. Being really good at swinging swords is really all for naught if no one knows how to make swords or train people to swing swords... or really do anything that isn't swinging a sword.

Silk

Yeah having at least one person decent at beaurracy is kind of mandatory. Perhaps a buff to the clan leader specifically that gives them a bonus? Perhaps at the expense of their second action?

NovembersRime

That or let one-character clans have a nameless retainer they can do another action on, until an actual player comes along.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, sort half-PC (allowed to do single action per turn instead two).

FollonStars

I would be okay with the one person clans getting an NPC to have another actions for turns.  ;D

Bedroom Lazarus

See i'm going to be the devil's advocate for the other side.  Power unbalance creates opportunity.  Weaker clans always have the option of banding together to try to work things out, to use diplomacy options and to make overtures at other peoples retainers.  Don't play the game to win, play it to enjoy the experience and what it drives you to do.  Be cunning where you can't be powerful.  I font' know that we really get enough time to do a lot of actual rp to really sell the politics of how this should work, but if I were weak, i'd be pm'ing people, spreading lies about powerful enemies.  Think of it not as a weakness.   But as an opportuinity

This said from a guy in one of the larger clans.  But you know...not saying loyalty can't be fickle.
Passion is something no man can resist eternally.
Temptation will burn through a soul, devour its purity and intoxicate all those who are in its path.
Fret not oh lost little lamb, for you shall be led by the wolf with a cross to the green pastures promised you all the same. 
Open to ideas and messages

The Sins that Beckon Me

FollonStars

While I can understand your sentiment, it doesn't necessarily apply to all aspects of the game. While Kogatana has five stars in Warfare, in Bureaucracy and Etiquette she only has one. The way the character was made is perhaps they way Vonandi wanted to role-play, but she may have accounted for other people joining her clan. She will need Bureaucracy to make buildings, and with only one star it will take time. There are some things that other clans just can't help with. Being the underdog may certainly have its own appeal, but there is also a line in the sand from being "enjoyable" to "unenjoyable".

Zaer Darkwail

But also because lack of bureu, Kogatana has to depend alliance/trading to get stuff from other clans buildings (like recent deal struck between her char and mine about crafting a divine tier armor for her). Also option is conquer, get captives and convert captives to her clan.

Aiden

If you want to to make sure everyone is on equal footing, then actions should be set per clan no matter the people in it.

As it stands now, there is an imabalnce and no plotting and scheming can topple an opponent that simply has more actions that you.

Faeli

Quote from: Aiden on September 26, 2017, 10:35:34 PM
If you want to to make sure everyone is on equal footing, then actions should be set per clan no matter the people in it.

As it stands now, there is an imabalnce and no plotting and scheming can topple an opponent that simply has more actions that you.
That is why recruiting is crucial.  Doing it with cap actions per clan will mean no one but the clan lead gets to play

Xue

To be honest, I came into this assuming only the clan lead WAS playing the strategic part.

I'm here for the RP!