D&D Planar Battles(3.5 D&D Battles Interest Check)

Started by swordwind, October 18, 2011, 12:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medical Miracle

swordwind

That could be an oversight on myself. Rabbit made two characters. So....Allow me to double check things

Edit: Fixed you have an opponenet now MM

Other characters, I'm working on your match area now.

ZD and Koyume match is up.

Question for future matches, would you prefer myself rolling Init for your characters so you know who has to post first?

Koyume

Quote from: swordwind on November 01, 2011, 08:04:28 AM

Question for future matches, would you prefer myself rolling Init for your characters so you know who has to post first?

I think that's a good idea; I'll go ahead and roll this one, but in the future it could really smooth things out if you rolled for both opponents beforehand.

RabbitJanitor

Can someone direct me to the proper book and page number that details negative levels?

PaleEnchantress

" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

RabbitJanitor

Geeklet

*reads through the thread, gets excited, only to find the game already started* Aw, its a shame I didn't find this post sooner. I always love a good fight. :(

Though if this turns out to be a success and a second go-round with fresh characters comes up, I'm down.

Medical Miracle

I think you can still join, some people don't have matches yet.

swordwind

Hello Geeklet, I'd like to inform you that this is an constant group that grows and dies. So if you have a character in mind please don't hesitate to ask, I'll work with you through PMs as well.

Zaer Darkwail

I am fine if the GM rolls for initiative. I assume my and Koyume's match has not started yet and we just hang around in somesort mildly dangerous resting zone? Place where gladiators wait and rest for their next matches?

swordwind

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, mind roll initiatives for us :). See who goes do what first.

swordwind

Raelgar 16

Yusqio 13

Also MM, apologizes for the lack of enemies to fight, I'll be getting in touch with them soon.

Koyume

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, it looks like that neither of us hits with regular physical attacks expect through rolling 19 or more :P. Your whirlwind form will come handy as Ref is one my poor saves and you do not need roll for attack with it.

But question; can anyone harm either physical or by magic bralani eladrin in whirlwind form? Does it work same as air elementals in sense that they can be attacked but it's harder to do if swallowed by it? Or well, in your form you do not swallow but I wonder does armor AC even apply in whirlwind form (or from magic items).

Koyume

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 02, 2011, 04:01:28 PM
Hmmm, it looks like that neither of us hits with regular physical attacks expect through rolling 19 or more :P. Your whirlwind form will come handy as Ref is one my poor saves and you do not need roll for attack with it.

But question; can anyone harm either physical or by magic bralani eladrin in whirlwind form? Does it work same as air elementals in sense that they can be attacked but it's harder to do if swallowed by it? Or well, in your form you do not swallow but I wonder does armor AC even apply in whirlwind form (or from magic items).

It's pretty strange; as far as I can tell, nothing changes at all as far as armor. Really the only differences between her two forms are that in one she can use weapons and in the other she can slam, fly, and shoot blasts of wind.

Koyume

So, what constitutes interaction for the purpose of disbelieving an illusion seems like a DM-call kind've thing. In most cases, interacting physically with the illusion is enough to allow someone to try and disbelieve it. Granted, in the case of mist, there's not much to physically interact with, so if being in the mist isn't enough, then very few things would allow someone to try and bisbelieve it.

Basically it's either easy to disbelieve or very hard; which one is it?

Zaer Darkwail

Well, physical body interaction does not break the illussion. Also it's static as Raelgar is not concentrating on it and very shortly it would fade anyway. Anyways example gust of wind which does not work vs mist would give strong hint it's illussion if you got K:arcana to realize it.

Koyume

Physical interaction doesn't break it, but it gives you a chance to break it with a will save. Gust of wind is a good idea; if the mist not disappearing after that doesn't give her a chance to disbelieve it, nothing would. For now let's just skip to your next turn and assume that she still sees the illusion.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, and indeed gust of wind would give you disbelief and also +4 bonus to pass the save.

AtwasAwamps

Would there be room for one more? I haven't tried my hand at higher than level five in 3.5 in a while and would like to play around with a few concepts I've been batting around.

As a side note, even though it says "any book", I'd still like to inquire if Tome of Battle is in play...many people have an immediate dislike of it.
O for a Muse of fire, that would ascend
The brightest heaven of invention;
A kingdom for a stage, princes to act
And monarchs to behold the swelling scene.

William Shakespeare, Henry V, Prologue

Please Check My A/A - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=79643.0

swordwind

You can Tome of Battle if you wish to feel the wrath of all the players, I personally know the annoying rules that the book makes. But if you want to I won't stop you.

PaleEnchantress

In general tome of battle if quite balanced, there are just a few stange things like the maneuver that can end the earths rotation around the sun.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img