New Idea: Trapped in a Finishing School

Started by Beorning, August 09, 2011, 07:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beorning

Hello, good people of Elliquiy! :) Here's an idea that recently came to me:

The story takes place in modern times. The main character, a young woman in early twenties, wins a scholarship at a small, prestigious college or university. She is very happy about it... but, when she arrives to this place to start her studies, she quickly finds out that the place is, in truth, more of an old-fashioned finishing school. The college's actual goal is to mold its female student into well-mannered, docile young ladies that would want only to start families and cares for their husbands. The lead character would have none of that and wants to leave... but then, it turns out that she cannot. The college's administration won't allow her to leave before she, too, is turned into a proper lady...

That's the basic idea :) It can be developed in various ways, I think: for example, the school might simply use training and peer pressure to make its student develop the "proper" mindset... or they might employ more fantastic methods, like brainwashing, hypnosis and the like. The overall tone of the story might be less or more sinister, depending on what me and my writing partner would agree on :) Also, in this story, I'd prefer to play the lead character (the female) - but even that is up for discussion. If my writing partner would really like to take on this particular role, I might be convince to play someone else :)

Overall, if you'd be interested in doing this kind of story, please PM me! We'll discuss all of the details :)