Of Zombies and Twins (darkvamplips & Drow Denizen

Started by Drow Denizen, February 22, 2011, 01:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drow Denizen

Damien was cursing at himself, hammering the steering wheel with a balled up first as he his truck thundered down the highway. Why hadn’t he just taken her to the mall? If something were to happen to his sister in all this case because he wasn’t there he’d never be able to forgive himself.

[Floatleft][/float]At the end of their day at college Rebecca had asked for a ride to the mall, but he’d declined because he was staying on campus to work on a project he was behind on. Instead she’d gotten a ride with a friend called Jack. An hour or two had passed until word of the chaos breaking lose reached the campus and at first Damien along with all the other students had thought it was some cheesy and elaborate hoax - zombie chaos downtown.
Turning on CNN and seeing breaking news reports had made smiles stiffen a little - okay so maybe CNN were the origin of the joke. But as news coverage never ceased of this supposed zombie outbreak and other channels started reporting on it as well amused smiles were replaced by worried glances and people fishing cellphones out of their pockets to call family and friends - only to find that the cellphone network was overloaded with calls and no one could get through to anyone.

Damien was one of the first people to leave the large lobby where people had gathered to watch the news. Sprinting full-pelt across the parking lot his heart was hammering in his chest from creeping fear more than the exertion of the run. Flooring the pedal he barreled out of the parking lot, driving up and over a grassy lane divider in his hurry.

Along the highway other cars were thundering in both directions, most with only the most token regard for traffic laws. Damien had turned on the radio, and upon hearing the radio stations had also interrupted their broadcasts to report on the outbreak and on a coming news conference by the governor, an gaping hole formed in his stomach as he imagined the worst. The mall was a lot closer to downtown than the campus was, so that meant he was driving into the mayhem, not away from it.
And worse still, his sister was already in there.

-- -- --

[Floatright][/float]Jack had been sitting awkwardly in a women’s apparel store, waiting for Rebecca to try on the things she wanted. The benches were designed for the purpose, but that didn’t make him feel any less awkward. It was early afternoon and still fairly quiet in the mall. But he was, as far as he could tell from a quick glance around, the only guy in the store and he felt sorely out of place, but she’d told him he had to come along and hold onto her bag while she was trying on the items. He’d been wishing hard that no one would recognize him and come over and ask what he was doing there.

Then an alarm had sounded in the store. At first he’d just glanced towards the exit, expecting to see some shoplifter get caught by the staff, but no one had been near the entrance. Instead he’d stood up to look over a rack of clothing towards the sales counter. There the two saleswomen had been talking to each other in hushed voices, confused expressions on their faces. Eventually one of them had picked up the microphone to the store speaker system and said in a shaky voice that that was probably a fire alarm and that she would have to ask everyone to clear the premise.
Knocking on the door to her dressing room he’d received a reply of “Yeah yeah, I heard it, I’ll be right out..” Dropping the things she’d intended to buy the two had left the store along with the other customers; everyone was calm, if it was a fire it must be in the other end of the mall, because no one could see anything amiss.
You might say it's sexist to treat women like objects, so you can ogle their luscious rounded boobies and melt away between their smooth milky thighs as the sweat runs in rivulets from their writhing, sensuous body, but...sorry, I forgot where I was going with that.

darkvamplips

Rebecca knew that Jack had not wanted to go in the store but she did not want to leave her purse somewhere in the store. Even she did not trust putting the purse in the changing room with her and Jack she could trust. Just before the person on the speaker came on she had said to him that she was almost done. When she heard the speaker she had quickly put on her clothes no one would want to see her naked or maybe people would but she would not like that. Opening the door she left the things she was trying on in the room behind her and walked up towards Jack. "What's going on?" She said taking his arm and holding it in fear she felt safe around him and right now he would be the one trying to save her. Little did she know it was not just a simple fire going on but something much much far worse then just a simple fire. Where was her brother he was probably still at the school sitting happily in his room not bothering to even drive her to the mall. Slowly she followed the small crowd of people along with her friend to the exit but noticed something that was weird about the doors. It seemed as though they were locked and they were not able to get out of the mall at least not anytime soon.

He once said "If he ever hurt you I will walk again to hurt him." Well he did hurt me and where is my friend? RIP Coby you are still on mind even after 10 years.

My request thread:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29818

Drow Denizen

"I don't know, fire alarm, but I can't see any fire let alone smoke, maybe some jerk thought it would be fun to trigger a fire alarm somewhere." Offered Jack as way of explanation as the pair made their way out of the store. His guess was as good as anyone's, and equally as wrong. Walking through the upper deck of the mall with the small stream of other customers heading for the exits Jack glanced at the stores they passed. Most of the staff seemed to be more worried about rolling metal shutters that would keep potential looters out while they had to vacate the premises. Jack had his arm around Rebecca, turning to her suggested. "No one seems to be in that big of a hurry, so they'll probably call it off soon and we'll be able to get back inside.
At reaching the locked off exit Jack furrowed his brow - what was the point of emergency exits if you locked them? After seeing another customer give a fruitless pull at the locked door he pulled Rebecca around and headed back in another direction. "Come, we'll take the escalators down to floor level and get out the front door. I bet they're glad this didn't happen a few hours later, they'd be losing a lot more sales then!"
You might say it's sexist to treat women like objects, so you can ogle their luscious rounded boobies and melt away between their smooth milky thighs as the sweat runs in rivulets from their writhing, sensuous body, but...sorry, I forgot where I was going with that.

darkvamplips

Why would they seal of emergency exits? Isn't that what emergency exits are for when the mall gets put on fire and then everyone needs to evacuate? When she was pulled around she almost stumbled but caught herself something did not feel right. "Something's wrong." She meant it not for Jack but more to herself just thinking outloud. She wrapped one arm around her friends waist wanting to stay close to him. Even though they were friends they were close and he was always protective of her. They now reached the elevator and she pushed the button trying to not get to impatient she just wanted to get out of here.
He once said "If he ever hurt you I will walk again to hurt him." Well he did hurt me and where is my friend? RIP Coby you are still on mind even after 10 years.

My request thread:

Drow Denizen

Jack tapped the elevator button again, impatiently. The light was showing it was on the way up, but nothing was happening and he couldn't even hear the cables spinning in the elevator shaft. He looked at Rebecca as a thought occurred to him. "They've probably shut down the elevators automatically - it's a fire alarm after all." He Glanced around quickly - seeing only or two people walking hurriedly down the corridors of the mall. Mostly staff who had been delayed in getting out by staying to close their stores.
After another minute or two his patience ran out. "I don't think it's coming, let's go over to the escalators that lead down to the ground floor plaza, even if they shut those off they'll still be a perfectly fine set of stairs you know." He offered a reassuring smile before setting off again, leaving the elevator behind.

The central mall plaza was lined by walkways on the second floor - where Rebecca and Jack were currently headed to get around to the escalators leading down. But as they approached they begun to hear the echoes of distant screams coming from the floor below. Jack looked to Rebecca, trying to appear calm and collected. "Sounds like their might be a fire after all, but as long as there's no smoke anywhere near us we should be safe."

darkvamplips

The elevator never came and she was getting worried but he was right about the elevators being shut down in an emergency like this. That was true escalators are the perfect way to get somewhere fast even if they are not working properly. "Ok let's go." She started following him still continuing to hold on to his arm. Little did they know that at the bottom of the escalators they would run into zombies. When she heard someone scream she jumped and gripped onto his arm. Right now she was actually scared maybe it was because of the feeling she had.

My request thread:

Drow Denizen

Hearing the echoing screams made Jack hurry his pace, tugging on Rebecca's waist to help her keep up. He was more and more feeling like it was a good idea to hurry and get outside, even if they couldn't actually see anything amiss. Almost running towards the escalators leading down to the plaza the screams became more distinct. And frequent too. Jack thought something odd was about them; some of them sounded more like pained wails of agony than they did fearful screams - people couldn't actually be in contact with the flames could they? There'd have to be smoke filling the hallways by now if there was a large fire..

Another thought occurred to him - robbers. Maybe someone with weapons had come to rub the mall. But that idea lasted only for a few panicky moments until the pair reach the escalators and slid to an abrupt halt at the scene on display below. "What the hell?!" Exclaimed Jack, nearly losing his lunch on the spot before he turned away.

darkvamplips

MY 7000TH POST

The sounds sent chills up and down her spine when she heard the horrified screams of pain and not because there was a fire. "There's no smoke in the halls." She whispered when she was pulled and she picked up her pace a bit to keep up with Jack. By now her asthma was kicking it and she did not bring her inhaler to the mall because she did not think she was going to need it. When she looked down at the bottom of escalators she turned around quickly starting to gag. There were people eating people and blood everywhere. Zombies did not exist did they? They were in movies and games never in real life this couldn't be zombies. This was not good for her asthma as a small gasp came to her lips.

My request thread:

Drow Denizen

Jack let go of Rebecca for a moment, kneeling at the escalator to hit the emergency stop and then making it run downwards like its partner - hopefully that would keep the horrors from shambling their way up onto the second level. There wasn't anything either of them could do for the people below in any case, they had to fend for themselves.
Half stumbling as he got to his feet he pulled frantically on Rebecca's girl, not realizing she had started to gasp for breath. "We've got to get the hell out of here!" He exclaimed as he started to drag her away from the plaza down the nearest corridor lined with empty shops on either side of them. His mind was racing, trying to think of somewhere safe he could take them, but that was dependent on any of the other emergency exits on the second floor being operational.
For now, merely getting away from the horrors below was all that he cared about, he'd worry about the details later.

darkvamplips

Rebecca opened her mouth to protest to Jack about running and her lungs started to squeeze. There was no use she knew she had to get to somewhere safe and away from all those people who were killing people. Her running was slowing and she hoped that Jack would get the idea she couldn't run to much longer or she would have troubles. Why did she have asthma it was times like this she hated it and wanted it to be gone. there was nothing she could do about it and she accepted it. Maybe they could barricade themselves in one of the stores and put down the metal cage to stop the zombies from getting in. Maybe a store where there was food but they would need to get some kind of weapon first.

My request thread:

Drow Denizen

Jack kept the two scrambling along empty corridors, letting go of her only to vigorously, and fruitlessly pull at the handles to any door that might look like an emergency exit or entrance to a stairwell. All to no avail. Each time a door proved to be a dead end he hiss out a frustrated explicative, his frustration growing witch each locked door.
"This isn't working, we have to do something else - get out of these corridors." Letting go of Rebecca he ran his hands through his sticky sweaty hair, spinning around in place in the hope that he would spot something that could save them. With a flash desperate inspiration he ran to a large metal chair that was part of a little cluster of tables, decorative potted plants and chairs. Picking it up he he rotated his upper body as he ran and launched the chair full force with a groan at a store window that did not have a metal gate behind it. Turning his back he brought his arms up over his head as the glass shattered into thousands of pieces.
Straightening back up he beckoned Rebecca over. "Come, we hide in here." He then picked up the chair and used it to hammer away any glass they could cut themselves on before he started crawling into the store through the window.

darkvamplips

When she came to the door she leaned against a wall trying to catch her breath it was coming in short gasps almost wheezes now. Her body protested as she did not have enough oxygen to move much further but ended up following him to where he had broken the glass. "What if they get in through the window?" Slowly she pulled herself through cutting herself on a small shard that was left on the window pane. Now the zombies would be attracted they would have to work fast. As soon as she got through the window she collapsed onto the ground wheezing from the asthma. Her lips were pale and so was her face why oh why did she not bring her inhaler to the mall today?

My request thread:

Drow Denizen

Distracted with knocking over display cases and mannequins to forge a pathway into the store, it took a few moments for Jack to realize that he had lost Rebecca just inside the window. "Come, we can get through he.." His sentence was abruptly cut off as he had been turning his head to look back over his shoulder to make sure she was keeping up, only to see her collapsed on the floor gasping and wheezing for air.
"Holy shit!" He exclaimed as he raced to her side, dropping to his knees, sending small specs of glass flying away. "Come on, breathe." He urged her, lowering his head down to hers, tilting it to the side to listen for her breathing.

darkvamplips

Her lips were a slight blue color but she did not have her inhaler on her what could she do or how would she survive this. When he picked her up she moved slightly but otherwise looked completely unresponsive. There were short gasps of air but not enough to sustain her and she needed help fast. Maybe one of the pharmacy stores would have some of her medicine for later because she wont be able to get through this terror of a nightmare without it.

My request thread: