Voltron: Guardian's Return (Interest Check)

Started by Kadigan, October 25, 2017, 10:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadigan

So far all the profiles look really good to me. I hope to have mine completed this afternoon and then when we get two more...lets form voltron!

Angie

Quote from: CrystalMaeGranger on October 29, 2017, 01:40:14 AM
any room for a new player? I'd like to play a decendant of Hagar, with powers similar to Hagar's.
291_Your_time_is_over" border="0

Well the Skyranger is looking pretty empty-wait, wrong franchise, point is come on in!
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

VermilionPrincess

Name: Elizabeth  (Lizzie) Foster

Homeworld: Mars

Species Details: Human, born on an agricultural colony on Mars.

Biography: Lizzie grew up in one of the massive agricultural domes on Mars but always wanted to be a pilot. She practiced using her fathers cargo shuttle deliviring produce to neighbours colony domes. When she was old enough she joined the Galaxy Garrison and the skills she picked up on the farm made her one of their most gifted pilots.

She however had a serious dislike for authority and had a tendency to butt heads with the higher ups. She especially disliked those she judged not to have earned their rank.

Special Skills: Ace Pilot, Excellent Shot and skilled in survival.

Personality: Lizzie has a habit of speaking her mind without thinking about the consequences.  She is confident and often a little arrogant.

Kadigan

Name: Arcisa

Homeworld: Haphus

Species Details: Haphusuns, or “Haps” are a species of parasitic/symbiotic organisms that have been around for longer then most realize. When birthed, they spend the first 60 years on their home world, gathering enough energy from the waters, before taking a host, usually a non sentient species. This would be the equivalent of a Haps’ toddler years When the first space faring race to visit them came aboard, they had no frame of reference for the concept and took one by accident. The knowledge the race gained from the merging was immense, and one of the moments they are most ashamed off. They had no concept of other species being sentient until that point.

As a species, they decided that they would only use willing, or near dead hosts. They can take a host at the point of near death, or brain death. If at the right time they can absorb some of the hosts memories and skillsets, making them repositories of knowledge. If one knows what to look for they can be very easily detected. Due to the vast number of species out there that believed the body was just meat after passing, they struck easy arrangements with them. During the reign of the Galra empire they withdrew and remained hidden from view, supplying knowledge where they could.

A host generally lasts for about 10 extra years past the point of merging, and once merged a Hap cannot survive for more the 13 hours without a host, unless in their planetary waters.

Biography Arcisa, by human standards, is approximately in her “mid twenties” by her species equivalent. She’s only had two hosts so far and been out in the real universe for about 20 years. She’s from a semi noble lineage, her spawn group parents have been around for centuries now, and have amassed a considerate amount of experiences and knowledge, but they still tend to see Arcisa as a tadpole. She’s chosen hosts of, lets say, less then redeeming intellectual value for her first few.

Her first host was an athlete, a Galra, a volleyball player (it became a very popular sport after humans joined the interstellar community)  who was captain of the Pan Galactic Games Bronze team. Because Haps are not considered ability enhancing, she was able to continue on in her stead, and rather enjoyed helping the team stay focused on the goal, the thrill of victory, and agony of defeat.

Her second, and current host, was a human from a poor agricultural world that bargained their dead with the Haps in exchange for access to the interstellar community. Her current host was something of a tracker; fit enough to still do many of the things she could do in her previous host.

Special Skills: She’d learned to fly in her first host, a basic shuttle but it was a talent that she learned herself and was very proud of. She retains quite a bit of the muscle memory from her first host, and her second host knew the basics of firearm care and use.

Personality: She has little concept of the idea of modesty, and can be very blunt and sarcastic. She can be serious though, and knows when there’s a time and place for things.

Kadigan

Well, there's my idea for a char. I hope everyone likes it. I think I'll be making some modifications to the enemy idea. I liked the idea when I came up with it but the more I think about it it leaves little interaction time with the opponent..I might be revamping it a bit.

Mac84

Wow! All the characters look very interesting!

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on October 29, 2017, 02:03:40 PM
Well, there's my idea for a char. I hope everyone likes it. I think I'll be making some modifications to the enemy idea. I liked the idea when I came up with it but the more I think about it it leaves little interaction time with the opponent..I might be revamping it a bit.

That is a very original character design. :D

Quote from: CrystalMaeGranger on October 29, 2017, 01:40:14 AM
any room for a new player? I'd like to play a decendant of Hagar, with powers similar to Hagar's.
291_Your_time_is_over" border="0

Have you seen the Ending to the first half of Season 3? (I refuse to call this season of Voltron "4" as it is really the second half of season three)

Don't read if you haven't
Hager is actually Zarkon's Wife!

Also, I think I found the face for Jacob. What do you all think?

Angie

Name: Jack Belethar

Homeworld: Station Alpha-9

Species Details: Human, but spacers are a bit different from landwalkers. While the stations keep gravity close to Earth, artificial gravity still causes some changes, mostly in bone density. Spacers like Jack tend to be slimmer and a bit shorter then most. Physical fitness standards are higher for spacers, as weightlessness causes all kinds of adverse effects, meaning everyone is expected to keep their cardio up even if the artificial gravity measures are perfect. Constant vigilance and immediately attending to problems is also a cultural difference-a problem with a leaky pipe on a planet is annoying, on a station, it means death.

Biography: Jack grew up on Space Station Alpha-9, obviously, that wouldn't be his Homeworld if he didn't. Now, every kid has a "why" phase, a phase where they just ask about everything that even crosses their mind. Jack never grew out of that. He read so many books, provided by digital libraries of course, and even when he would have hit secondary education he had no idea what his major would be. He eventually settled on Computer Science and Engineering, figuring that people would always need a computer engineer and it was one of the things he was better at anyway. He did well, not the best in his class but pretty damn good at what he chose to do.

The problems came after his graduation. Degrees are nice, but what use are they when no one will hire you? Alpha-9 had plenty of engineers, and despite his very nice resume, no one would respond. As time went on, and he found some work as a janitor, he slowly grew bitter, maybe even a bit cynical. He turned his skills to more...dubious uses. Cracking into systems, social engineering to get easy access to systems, and more. Of course, you don't go to the dark side without getting the law interested, but before his criminal activities could catch up to him, he managed to find his way off the station.

With a bit of a black mark on his record, Jack now works through aliases. He works freelance, doing what he can to keep himself going. He's become a bit of a wanderer, jumping from place to place and never finding a place to call home. He's still an asshole, anyone will say that, but the old Jack is still buried deep inside. The child with his unending wonder is there, and lucky for him, there's a whole universe to help dig it out.

Special Skills: While his primary skills lie in computer networking (and even then, he admits the machines do most of the work), he's acquired enough charm and charisma to pull off "social engineering", arranging situations to his favor so people give him what he wants. He also has a knack for moving unseen in the crowd, blending in and making it hard to track him.

Personality: A gigantic asshole. At least, that's what he presents when he's not acting within a persona to pull his social engineering stuff. When he's not being an asshole or lying through his teeth, he prefers to quietly read books or play solo card games. But beneath the jaded cynicism is the old curiosity from his early years. He still wonders why, still seeks out new and exciting experiences, he's just not as open about it as he used to be. He's also a bit more altruistic then he lets on-sometimes, he'll work for cheap, and he says he's getting back at those who wronged him, realistically he just knows when people don't really have the resources to pay him but they need something done.

I am very sorry for bringing Deus Ex into this wholesome game of Voltron, but I did set out to make a hacker and this is where I ended up. Lemme know what you think! If I need to change anything, or if Jack's good as is.

Kadigan

I think it looks great. So we have our five, I'll take suggestions on whether we should start now or see if we get any more interest. Also if Everyone can PM me their Lion preference I'll sort them out and make sure there's no overlap, and if there is we can go over it privately.

My idea is to try to get them to the lions as quick as possible (I mean, what fun is a Voltron game without Voltron?) and so they will each come to a planet, drawn there for whatever reason when it falls under attack. Sort of a...light urban colony, newly formed. So start thinking of reasons they'd be there.

Finally, I did change the opening a bit with the new idea for a new enemy...I thought it might be a bit better, I will also take thoughts on that too. Otherwise, unless something catastrophic happens...SOON.

Angie

If it's newly formed, then there was probably a call out for skilled tradesmen, which would include network engineers like Jack. Simple and clean, he's there to build stuff, get paid, and head on out. So he's probably been running cable (I don't care how high tech the world is, cabled connections are fast, reliable, and secure) and performing installs of whatever OS they're running. SpacebucksTM gotta get their wi-fi.

RubySlippers

I wouldn't mind being part of the colonies militia especially if her species is represented enough as its commander with the limited mecha and resources to defend it put to best use under a skilled hand, and well someone has to train these youngsters how to be soldiers, and help on tactics and politics. Even as Paladins the galaxy might feel better if a proper seasoned warrior is in effective command and training of the Voltron Force.

I'm just happy as a support role and it would be as much fun for me plus who knows when she might need to use her skills to full effect sabotaging enemy assets or trying to take out a leader with a surgical strike as Voltron keeps the enemy occupied, she is ideal for such warfare.

Mac84

Quote from: Angie on October 30, 2017, 10:52:30 AM
If it's newly formed, then there was probably a call out for skilled tradesmen, which would include network engineers like Jack. Simple and clean, he's there to build stuff, get paid, and head on out. So he's probably been running cable (I don't care how high tech the world is, cabled connections are fast, reliable, and secure) and performing installs of whatever OS they're running. SpacebucksTM gotta get their wi-fi.

With it being a colony under construction, Jacob would have a reason to be there as well. Someone has to help put in all those prefab habitation units for Jack to run cables too. And scoff at all the people clamoring for their vastly overpriced fru-fru coffee at Spacebucks. :p

and I believe I already sent in my Lion Preference, but if you need it from me again, please let me know and I can send it in. :D

Kadigan

I hope to have the OOC and IC threads up by tomorow. I want to try and get everything right and w/ Halloween tonight may not have time to do anything but half ass it. I'm pleased we got enough and hope we can keep it going.

Mac84

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on October 31, 2017, 04:48:31 PM
I hope to have the OOC and IC threads up by tomorow. I want to try and get everything right and w/ Halloween tonight may not have time to do anything but half ass it. I'm pleased we got enough and hope we can keep it going.

No worries. :D

Kadigan

I've got the OOC up, here's the link. IC should follow mid tomorrow. I've got most of it typed up, just some fine tuning.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=277606.0

Angie

Just as a reminder to all, we're still taking more!

Mac84

Kadigan

So...there has been some movement on the OOC board and I thought I would open this back up and see if there was any more interest? If not, understandable certainly but hey we try.

Obviously anyone already involved or previously interested is still welcome, but if you want to save the universe, sign on up!

CaptainNexus616

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Mac84

Hey Captain! Welcome! Glad to see you're interested. :-)