Space Opera Anime Style...kinda (interest check)

Started by LordMing, May 08, 2013, 08:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordMing

Soooo, I run PnP games all the time, and I come up with campaign ideas for gits and shiggles when I am bored.  Here is one I dreamed up and thought I may try to GM in the Forum.  Examine, peruse, critique and show interest or lack thereof.

The Terran Republic

In the year 2012 mankind began the great Resource War, the result of this was that the militaries of the world decided that the governments no longer had the common good in mind and they chose to overthrow all the super powers at once.  Uniting most of the world under the auspices of The Republic.  The Resource War lasted 15 years.  The smaller nations fought against the Republic in a world wide civil war that lasted another 5 years.  By this time major advances in technology allowed for the development of robotic servants that made life much easier, and essentially reduced the cost of things significantly because food and textiles were being subsidized by the Republic.  This economic situation brought the outlying nations to heel as they realized they had more to gain by joining the mega nation.  People worked for an good wage in jobs opened up by the new industries, this was made easier since the 20 years of war had significantly reduced the overall populace.

Soon new technological innovations gave us robots that could reliably explore our solar system and build habitats in the hostile environments so that we could begin clolonization of several moons and Mars.  New resources from the asteroid belt allowed us to build great ships for carrying us into the reaches of space.  This period lasted into the year 2110, which is when the next great leap in technology took us past the bounds  of our solar system.  Kurita-Bowen Arrays, built by robotic servitors sent ahead in ships driven by the same technology, allowed for ships to drive beyond the farthest stars.  But humans could not survive the KB radiation of the drive systems, so the continued use of robots was required.  The Expansion period was an era of peace that lasted until 2173, the year that our slaves rebelled.

Almost as a unit robots across the burgeoning star empire rose up and attacked.  They captured ships and outfitted them with weapons.  Humanity had very few armed starships, and those were used as a vanguard of expansion.  The revolt took us by surprise, and very nearly cost us everything as the Arrays were shut down by their very builders.  Every system was a fight to regain control of the KB Arrays, every battle cost lives that could not be easily replaced as the robots simply downloaded their experience to the next unit in line.  Humanity finally turned the tide at an Earth like world called Coventry.  The Robots captured its Array and launched a firebomb attack against all the major population centers, coralling and forcing survivors to work in punishing conditions to build a  industrial base.  But Coventry was the robot armys undoing.  Overide codes were discovered, viruses were written by the computer savvy people of this burned planet.  The Array was reactivated and the Republic returned with new ships made in the Sol system.  The war turned, the robots were destroyed, all save a very few.  The year of the Coventry Armistice was 2203.

Expansion had ended, mankind licked its wounds and rebuilt what it had lost.  Robots were collared and chipped to prevent further rebellion.  Though there were many who were not brought to heel, and they may yet return.  Mankind revelled in its ability to survive for another thirty years.  2233, the outlying colonies decided they could exist on their own.  At first the Republic allowed this, with agreements of non agression.  But the colonies found that they had more need of the Republics worlds and chose to take what they needed by force when they could not convince other worlds to join them.  The Republic rose against them, forcibly bringing them back into the fold after 13 years of fighting.  The current year is 2275, 29 years after the end of the Frontier War.  Mankind is at peace, but he is well prepared for war.  The Terran Republic spans fifteen star systems, and many deep space outposts.  It has yet to make contact with an alien species, and the consensus is that there are none to find.

Government: Military Republic
· Civilians have all basic rights, but cannot vote or hold office
· Active Military have rights, tempered by military doctrine, but cannot vote or hold office
· Veterans have full rights and can hold office
Political Structure:
Executive Branch-
Prime Minister; 3 term limit, elections every 6 years
Vice Minister; 6 term limit, elected every 4 years
Legislative Branch-
Senate, 3 term limit, elected every 4 years and led by the Vice Minister
· Earth- 6 senators
· Mars- 4 Senators
· Jovian- 3 Senators
· Saturnine- 5 Senators
· Coventry- 4 senators
· Epsilon Ceti- 2 Senators
· New Sol- 3 Senators
· Baltus- 3 Senators
· Kepler- 4 Senators
· Beta Corvi- 2 Senators
· Shiva- 2 Senators
· Hekate- 5 Senators
· New Canaan- 3 Senators
· Tau Ceti- 4 Senators
· Lazarus- 2 Senators
· Spica- 1 Senator
· Iskander- 2 Senators

Republic Military:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Ground Forces- Republic Tactical Corps
Stellar Navy- Republic Space Corps
Intelligence- Republic Security Division

Republic Space Corps Vessels
Mediterranean Class Battleship
Type: Capital class warship
Speed: .16c
Range: 10 years before resupply under normal conditions
Length: 4,720 ft (1,438.64m)
Crew: 3,500

Weapon Systems:
Forward Missle Tubes
Range: 800 miles
Payload: 12 missles

Main Batteries
The 4 barrel turrets containing the 50 cm Converging Beam Plasma Cannons pack a powerful long range punch.  The massive power cells used for these weapons are stored in armoured compartments within the turret wells. 
Range: 100,000 miles
Payload: 50 cells per turret

Secondary Batteries
40 cm Converging Beam Plasma Cannons pack a powerful mid range punch.  The large power cells used for these weapons are stored in armoured compartments within the turret wells.  Though these weapons are considered secondary, they are often the mainstay of any engagement as they carry more ammunition per battery.
Range: 100 miles

Defense Turrets
20 cm Plasma Cannons pack a powerful short range punch with a much higher rate of fire due to the link feed ammunition system that maintains these weapons.  While they are less effective against capital ships they are very effective for small craft interdiction and close bombardment.
Range: 60 miles

Phalanx Turrets
These 55mm tri barrel KEW's form the main anti missle defense for the ships of the Republic Space Corps. 
Range: 10 miles
Active Vessels:
Agamemnon, Leonides, Xerxes, Achilles, Odysseus, Hector

Sun Tzu Class Destroyer
Speed: .20c
Length: 2035 ft (620)
Crew: 2,000

Weapon Systems:
Primary Missle Tubes
Range: 800 miles
Payload: 12 missles

Secondary Missle Tubes
Range: 400 miles
Payload: 20 missles

Main Batteries
40 cm Converging Beam Plasma Cannons pack a powerful mid range punch.  The large power cells used for these weapons are stored in armoured compartments within the turret wells.  Though these weapons are considered secondary, they are often the mainstay of any engagement as they carry more ammunition per battery.
Range: 100 miles

Defense Turrets
20 cm Plasma Cannons pack a powerful short range punch with a much higher rate of fire due to the link feed ammunition system that maintains these weapons.  While they are less effective against capital ships they are very effective for small craft interdiction and close bombardment.

Phalanx Turrets
These 55mm tri barrel KEW's form the main anti missle defense for the ships of the Republic Space Corps. 
Range: 10 miles

Active Vessels:
Ho Chi Minh, Lao Tzu, Xuan, Yamato, Patton, Rommel, Mikoyan, Napoleon, Wellington, Pershing, Chuikov, Zhu De, Zhukov, Arjan Singh, De Gaulle

Astartes Class Carrier
Speed: .16c
Length: 4,800 ft (1,463.04m)
Crew: 4,000

Weapon Systems:
Defense Turrets

Phalanx Turrets
Range: 10 miles.

Long Range Missle Launchers
Range: 1200 miles

Active Vessels:
Proxima, Centaurus, Galactica, Pegasus, Scorpio, Tauran

Hawk; Space Superiority Fighter
Crew: 1 pilot, 1RIO

Speed: Mach 3 in atmosphere with service ceiling of 60,000 feet.  Mach 6 in space
Range: 5,000 miles

Weapon Systems:
Rapid Fire Pulse Lasers
Range: 4,000 ft

Medium or Long Range Missles
Range: 500-800 miles
Payload: 8

Short Range Missles
Range: 5 miles
Payload: 2

Equipment:
Radar: 200 miles, able to track 48 targets
Motion Detector/Collision Warning: 200 ft range
Radio/Video Comm: Range 600 miles (indefinite if boosted by satellite)
Laser Comm: 150,000 mile range
Laser Targeting: 200 miles
Life Support: 12 hours

Spector; Interceptor
Crew: 1 pilot

Speed: Mach 4 in atmosphere with service ceiling of 60,000 feet.  Mach 8 in space
Range: 5,000 miles

Weapon Systems:
Rapid Fire Pulse Lasers
Range: 4,000 ft

Short Range Missles
Range: 5 miles
Payload: 2

Equipment:
Radar: 200 miles, able to track 48 targets
Motion Detector/Collision Warning: 200 ft range
Radio/Video Comm: Range 600 miles (indefinite if boosted by satellite)
Laser Comm: 150,000 mile range
Laser Targeting: 200 miles
Life Support: 12 hours
Klytus, I'm bored. What play thing can you offer me today? ~Emperor Ming

azzmeister89

If this is free form i would be very interested

LordMing

It will indeed be freeform.  But it doesn't look like there is much interest, which is cool since I am an unknown variable to you guys.
Klytus, I'm bored. What play thing can you offer me today? ~Emperor Ming

Kay Tana

This sounds interesting, but could you provide a few details about where and how the rp would start?

ShadowFox89

Looks interesting, but like Kay said, need more details. What would be the scope of the game? Are we the crew of a ship? Ship captains in a naval fleet? What is the tech level like? I'm assuming faster-than-light travel, but how is this done?
Call me Shadow
My A/A