Microsoft Security Essentials version?

Started by The Dark Raven, November 02, 2015, 02:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dark Raven

I'm posting this here because I can't find the answer in google searches.

I just got a new tablet and want to put Microsoft Security Essentials on it.

The tablet has a 32 bit OS, but a 64 bit processor.  It is running Windows 10.

Which version of MSE do I install, the 32 bit or the 64 bit?

(Special note:  I'm not looking for alternative products.  I want the functionality that MSE has given me for a decade without the bloatware of the other things I have tried.  This tablet is specifically writing while not at the desktop, especially while travelling and I need nothing that will gum up the small size of the HD already.)

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Bloodied Porcelain

It is generally suggested that you install your versions of software based on the OS you're using, not the processor. Most 64 bit software won't work with a 32 bit version of windows, though the opposite is most often not true. So to answer your question, if your windows is 32 bit, you should be running the 32 bit version of MSE.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.