Defenders of Humanity, Harbingers of Oblivion

Started by The Great Triangle, June 03, 2008, 08:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elohim

*Smiles*  I love computer viruses...

*Ponders*

The Great Triangle

Well, Frankie has alchemy as a secondary skill, so it would seem only fair that Elohim have hacking as a secondary skill.

Of course, then you're starting to get into Major Kusanagi territory...

But Elohim didn't really have any family to horribly die in a plane crash which destroyed her body.

Ah, destroyed body...
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Elohim

*grin*  Nah, I wasn't actually going to go that route.  If we've got a few people coming in with mechanical toys I want to keep things nice and fair,  the capability to over ride mechanical objects just wouldn't be fair.

Shadowz

*grins* especially when there are some interesting and fun alternatives that come to mind... incidentally... how many mechathingumyjigs are actually facing now?

The Great Triangle

Depends on how many people actually go and post character sheets.  Most likely between one and three or so. 

Ons and Offs

Shadowz

OK... variation is always good though... but curious... if there are two/three of them are they going to be able to combine forces? like some MukkyMechaMonsta

The Great Triangle

That's up to the players to decide.  Combining mechas is mostly a way to give the enemy a single big target to shoot at, instead of having to deal with a bunch of little problems.

On the other hand, it also seems to increase reactor output exponentially, which is a really good thing when you're dealing with Tim Taylor Technology .

Ons and Offs

Dragoondawg25

we can also accept some characters i know were wanting to be with the brood, so we shall see how this pans out, i got one character sheet so far.  either way it shows potential the ideas being thrown out.
Heterosexual Switch: Humor DLC included
My Discord: Dragoondawg2582
Ons & Offs

GrinningHound

DPDC:
Frankie (tank among other talents)
Gerrard (werewolf, I would assume combat and light tank)
Ghost (time control)
Alex (super soldier, combat spec (but not necessarily 'tank')
Train (augmented norm, combat spec and strength)

Brood:
Elohim (tank and assault)
Damien (unkillable, strong)
Sayuri (speed, strength, combat)
Itzpaplotl (psychic vampire)
Gray (immortal, intelligent, experienced)

Is this roster correct?  I assume you are looking for more DPDS because some players have dropped?

If so, could you please tell me what the current roster looks like so I could develop a character that would fit best?

Dragoondawg25

that is the current roster the only problem is that people are having outside interferenece with playing, so their characters are put in the background for now, you can add to the roster is what we are trying to do to get more people involved.
Ons & Offs

Shadowz

My character name is Corrine... Itzpaplotl is the bound Mayan goddess with Corrine, its a little more complex than a psychic vamp, but thats the basics...

Elohim

DPDC:
Frankie (tank among other talents)
Gerrard (werewolf, I would assume combat and light tank)
Ghost (time control)
Alex (super soldier, combat spec (but not necessarily 'tank')
Train (augmented norm, combat spec and strength) *May return soon

Brood:
Elohim (tank and assault)
Damien (unkillable, strong)
Sayuri (speed, strength, combat)
Itzpaplotl (psychic vampire)
Gray (immortal, intelligent, experienced)

Currently active members are not struck through....

GrinningHound

Ah, I see.  I figured something like that was the situation.

Shadowz, I just went by what you had listed as "Alias' and skimmed over the characters and powers briefly, so please excuse my inaccuracy.

So, aside from my loony creator/illusionist artist, or my battlesuit/mecha pilot idea, I have always really had a think for overwhelming PHYSICAL might, being able to take tank fire and ion lasers and throw trucks tremendous distances.

What about an Absorber type, who actually sucks in energy and momentum?  So, if a giant robot swung a steel girder at him, it would wrap around his body and he wouldn't even move.  Likewise, he is resistant to opposing forces, so when he exerts strength himself, it is overwhelming.

This sounds more like a magical or super-science type of technology than any sort of natural ability.  Maybe his 'battlesuit' harnesses incredibly dense Dark Matter and electromagnetism?

Dragoondawg25

ok wait so what would be the characters weak points then, it would have to be negative energy right?
Ons & Offs

GrinningHound

What *is* negative energy?  Something like that would of course be very harmful to him.

Everyone has a weakness.  If poison could get into him, it would still hurt him, or gas (but his suit would of course protect him from that).  He would not be immune to psionic effects or other mind manipulation, though as a scientist or sorcerer he would have SOME amount of ability to resist.

The Great Triangle

Absorption sounds a bit too overpowered of an ability in my opinion.  Sayuri also already has an energy manipulation ability, so it might end up being a little awkward.

Frankie, for example, has great strength, alarming endurance, and an ability to create plans to react to any situation.  However, he's pretty helpless in ranged combat, pretty easy to disable via telekinesis and other psychic powers, and has a serious weakness against water, as well as being knocked into the air.  (He refuses to board ships for this reason, although he's okay with aircraft.  At least until the Brood get their hands on some powerful air interceptors)

Generally, I think it's healthier for the game when every character has the ability to to defeated by any other character, not just those with obscure abilities and skills.  A battlesuit character would have phenomenal strength, but still be subject to being peeled out of his battlesuit, having his battlesuit shut down somehow, or psychic manipulation.  A battlesuit with funky invulnerable defensive technologies does not have as many of these weaknesses.

Of course, I'm not the GM, and I tend to be negative about lots of character concepts, so take my advice with a grain of salt!   :)

Ons and Offs

Elohim

Do you really want to leave the fate of humanity in the hands of a golem with a barbie doll crotch that eats the remains of his fallen companions?  Join now, save the world,  or die in the attempt.  Stare down murderous lesbians,  a teenage demi-goddess intent of having her own sick version of playdates,  and the fop that just won't die. 

Do it!  Act now, and receive your own 14 inch Frankie figurine,  complete with tesla coil, and the liberty torch!  The DPDS has a great life insurance policy,  feed your family by getting teared limb from limb,  everyone wins!

Adere

LOL -falls over laughing-

And the demi goddess is 21! She's not a teen for gods sake dammit >_<

Now for other news

Banished princess demi goddess looking for a sexy dominant demi male god to wreck havoc upon the world with, or possibly fight against and get seduced by later on ;). Imagine the fun to be had! Though for warning, she's very stubborn and strong willed, she's a challenge!

Also, for those of you who join the DPDS or whatever, we will be offering a    regenerating Dorian doll with a free pair of scissors. No Matter how many times you decapitate him, his head always grows back! :o!