News:

Main Menu

Sour Gripes

Started by Menulis, October 27, 2005, 11:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menulis

I'm tired, I'm bored; I've decided to give up caffiene because I feel I drink to much of it, and after 4 days I've got headaches, hot & cold flashes, sometimes the shakes, dark circles under my eyes, and I'm cranky. I feel like a damn heroin addict jonesin' for a hit. This is crazy.

After 10 hours at work, I decide to complete my take home midterm for French Traditions, and I get halfway through the test when i realize, the second half is all stuff we never covered! I have no idea what the hell is prepared by the Traitor in a French Kitchen. I don't even speak french to find a clue there.

Lets see... what else can I gripe about...
Oh yeah, its cold. Bring back summer dammit, or at least autumn. It went from 80 degrees to 50-60 almost overnight.

I guess that's it for now. Thank you, drive through.
I have nothing to declare but my genius. -Oscar Wilde

AutumnFury

50-60 degrees? I wish.

0 degrees celcius here, and colder at night.
"You may be the King, but watch the Queen conquer."

Open to:
Random PMs. Feel like chit chatting? Go ahead and message, if you dare.

Siegfried

Rain here, and while I don't mind it, having to work outside in it for 6 hours isn't that fun.

RogueJedi

Oh, I agree completely Siegfried.

Last night was somewhere south of 30 degrees, and a strong wind blowing through the forest while we worked.  It was not fun in the least (weather wise).  Scaring the crap out of the guests, on the other hand, was priceless...

Menulis

Hence why I work inside.

Valkos

40-60 here, today was dry and the sun actually peeked out this afternoon.  Been down the quit caffeine road before, decided instead to cut back slowly and felt much better afterwards :D.
Hogwarts: Denora Crabin, Ebyn Farmer
Urban Arcana- Yancey Square: Zi, ChangĀ  "Daisy"
Dark Side of the Senshi: Kaiou, Michiru
Elven Maiden vs. Human Barbarian: Unther/Telen'mar

*have AIM, YIM, ICQ, and MSNĀ  feel free to say hi

blackeyedcoyote

~Coyote Knows Best~

AutumnFury

O-o; I had to sit outside for four hours in the pouring rain. ><; Yay biology?

Open to:

BigBlackGamer

Quote from: Menulis on October 27, 2005, 11:34:58 PM
After 10 hours at work, I decide to complete my take home midterm for French Traditions, and I get halfway through the test when i realize, the second half is all stuff we never covered! I have no idea what the hell is prepared by the Traitor in a French Kitchen. I don't even speak french to find a clue there.

What, you actually expected a correlation between what was taught in class and what was on your exam?  BWAHAHAHAHA!

Shit, that "what is prepared by the Traitor in a French Kitchen" sounds like a level in a video game or something.  Maybe write, "First you have to defeat the orc in front of the door to the Inn of the Prancing Pony, but if you spare his life, he'll give you a scroll.  Take the scroll to the greengrocer five buildings to the south, and he will give you a sack of food.  Then take the sack east three buildings to the French Kitchen northeast of the fountain.  As soon as you walk in, a traitor will accost you, accusing you of being a royalist, and he will attack you.  When he is dropped below five hit points, he will beg you to spare his life.  If you do, he will cook you three pancakes, hash browns, and two sausage links."

Menulis

I could go for the pancakes and sausage, but I have my Vegan cooking class in a couple hours. If the teacher found out, she would be sooooo disappointed.

Oh well...

Anyway, got a 93.5 on my midterm. Not great, but still an A.

AutumnFury

Open to:

MasterJedi

tried to be a vegetarian once...but after 4 days i woke to find i had actually chewed my own fingers in the night...so gave up right then LOL
[tr][td]
Characters:
tPSH: Kale | tEoME: Johny
BSB: Damicus/Arblus | MCZ13: Galad
FtLoaP: Captain David[/td][td]Random Thought:
"What's the definition of a will? It's a dead giveaway...."[/td][/tr][/table]

Menulis

Well I'm not a vegan, I'm just taking the class. The food is actually really good though, much better than I thought it would be.

In actuality, I'm a wanna be vegetarian. I keep trying to give up meat, but it tastes so damn good. I just eat a lot less of it than I used to.

Menulis

"Dear all,

The Midterm will count as 10 percent of your grade. The highest score in class was a 73, the lowest was 24."

Holy fucking shit...
I guess that's what you get when asking questions like: "What year did the orient express begin service?" and "Name the two supersonic commercial jet aircraft and the countries that developed them" or "When was the first steamship crossing of the atlantic?"

What any of that shit has to do with tourism is beyond me. Even the other professors who saw the midterm said they'd fail. And, I got the 73, ha-ha!

MasterJedi

you serious? that seems ike a strange set of topics for tourism, thats like getting asked about druids and alchemy in a science class...kinda relevent by a stretch but by no means useful now...

[tr][td]
Characters:

Menulis

I'm serious, I couldn't come up with something that F'd up on my own.

I'm just proud I screwed up the curve for everyone else

MasterJedi

haha well blow me down, ill read up on archery for my firearms test... ;D
[tr][td]
Characters:

AutumnFury

*is going for a hunting licence/gun permit. Already knows how to shoot. >>;; *

Open to: