Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

Quote from: PearlRuby on June 09, 2011, 12:53:41 PM
hows about a bard/duelist to throw in the fray?  :P
*ponders character* hmmm...

Oh yes! My character could do with a bard to raise his spirits. : D

bubby

PearlRuby

Can't resist some good ol' dragon age  O:)
I think I'll make her a deserter from the battle.

To sleep, perchance to dream ... All the world's a stage.
Ons and Offs     Ideas / Requests     A&A

bubby

Primarch...do I get to be a mercenary?

Primarch

Question Mark

Quote from: bubby on June 09, 2011, 01:05:23 PM
Primarch...do I get to be a mercenary?

Not to sound harsh or anything, but if you're going to be in the RP, you should know the material.  There's a whole Dragon Age Wiki; you could always read up on the world, the story, etc.  Not to mention google.  Get a feel for the universe.  It's the internet after all: free information!

Also, let's say we meet in the woods about a day's journey from Lothering.  That way we can do the meetup, have some chitchat, maybe a skirmish or two for fun, and then a camp/night scene with some player interaction..  Cut to us entering Lothering and it all works out, eh?

Alliance

If its okay, I'd like to be not in the battle of Ostagar. But fleeing to Ostagar and finding it destroyed.

Would that be fine?

Question Mark

Quote from: Alliance on June 09, 2011, 01:15:53 PM
If its okay, I'd like to be not in the battle of Ostagar. But fleeing to Ostagar and finding it destroyed.

Would that be fine?

That could be your intro post.  He goes to Ostagar, realizes along with all the other reinforcements that everyone's dead, and then flees the Darkspawn Horde.  He ends up walking right into our merry little band.

bubby

Yeah. Well I have read some stuff, but since I -haven't- played the game I really have no clue. SO...thanks for considering me Primarch but I'll just back out.

PearlRuby

Bloody hell, you people reply quick.

Erm... More than likely, wouldn't people be fleeing away from Ostagar? To Lothering, in general? I remember that, Ostagar is kinda, centred in the wild lands where people don't really tend to visit unless, y'know, there's a legion of darkspawn coming from the south.

And let's not forget Lothering is kinda... already full of refuges from neighbouring farmlands and, yeah... about to be swarmed with darkspawn too >.>
Happy days!

Also Bubby, don't worry about not playing the game! It's good that you haven't. You can inject some originality and stop the rest of us from just repeating the game events  :-)

To sleep, perchance to dream ... All the world's a stage.
Ons and Offs     Ideas / Requests     A&A

Primarch

Quote from: PearlRuby on June 09, 2011, 01:21:44 PM
Also Bubby, don't worry about not playing the game! It's good that you haven't. You can inject some originality and stop the rest of us from just repeating the game events  :-)

Precisely!

QuoteIf its okay, I'd like to be not in the battle of Ostagar. But fleeing to Ostagar and finding it destroyed.
Fleeing to Ostagar? From where? o.O

Alliance

Quote from: Primarch on June 09, 2011, 01:26:19 PM
Fleeing to Ostagar? From where? o.O

I mean he was to be one of their reinforcements.

TheHangedOne

*Hugs bubby.*

Quote from: Alliance on June 09, 2011, 01:31:03 PM
I mean he was to be one of their reinforcements.
Sounds kind of like what I had in mind for "Farsight", though he was more of an... unofficial reinforcement.  Maybe our characters meet up on the way there?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Alliance

Quote from: TheHangedMan on June 09, 2011, 01:32:57 PM
*Hugs bubby.*
Sounds kind of like what I had in mind for "Farsight", though he was more of an... unofficial reinforcement.  Maybe our characters meet up on the way there?

Yes.

Cause the thing was I was going to ask....nevermind...to much.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Alliance on June 09, 2011, 01:37:51 PM
Cause the thing was I was going to ask....nevermind...to much.
???
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

bubby

OK..here's what I'll do then. Due to upcoming AWESOMENESS for me this weekend, I'll just keep an eye out, since I won't really be able to start until next week anyway. When the game starts, I'll watch, get a feel, and slip in at some point. That work?

Alliance

Question Mark

Quote from: bubby on June 09, 2011, 01:20:00 PM
Yeah. Well I have read some stuff, but since I -haven't- played the game I really have no clue. SO...thanks for considering me Primarch but I'll just back out.

Thanks for not backing out.  I wasn't trying to get rid of you, just.... erm, not sure.  W/e, hope you stay!

Also, a note on reinforcements: I was just replaying DA:O last night, and it's mentioned in Ostagar that there were tons of reinforcements due the day after the battle.  The line goes something like "Reinforcements have been arriving all day.  There'll be twice as many tomorrow."

Just FYI

Scribbles

Quote from: bubby on June 09, 2011, 01:44:37 PM
OK..here's what I'll do then. Due to upcoming AWESOMENESS for me this weekend, I'll just keep an eye out, since I won't really be able to start until next week anyway. When the game starts, I'll watch, get a feel, and slip in at some point. That work?

If it's any consolation, I'm mostly winging it myself. All I've seen is up to the end of Ostagar and bits and pieces here and there after.

I did manage to find a YouTube vid of the battle which might create a better picture of the start.

Dragon Age - Battle at Ostagar
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Primarch

Right, I might as well start setting things up, character sheet if thread if nothing else. Anyone got a preference for board? Exotic group something I suppose.

Question Mark

Here's a brief look into the world of Dragon Age.  Hope it helps.

The main setting for this RP is the country Ferelden, a typical fantasy setting based off medieval Europe and Britain.  Fereldan is to the far south of the continent, with nothing but frozen wilds and blighted land south of it.  This southern area is where Ostagar is, an ancient fortress used to defend against barbarians.

At the moment, a new Blight is occuring.  Blights are when Darkspawn - usually just roving monsters - find a new leader in the form of a corrupted old god: an Archdemon.  Led by this Archdemon, the normally subterranean Darkspawn storm the surface lands en masse, and it usually takes decades to force them back underground.

In response to the constant threat of a Blight, the Grey Wardens were formed.  This is an independent elite band of soldiers who have drunk Archdemon blood, allowing them to kill it.  The Grey Wardens, knowing a Blight has begun, rally Fereldan's king to Ostagar to defend against the Darkspawn.  However, the king's lead general betrays his nation, allowing the army to be routed, and his king killed.  The tragedy at Ostagar leaves Fereldan defenseless, and the Darkspawn quickly begin to run rampant.

The day after the Rout at Ostagar is where the RP begins.

Scribbles

Deleted most of my bumbling. Question Mark sounds as if he has a better grasp of the world.  :-)
AA and OO

Question Mark

Quote from: Scribbles on June 09, 2011, 02:21:40 PM
Deleted most of my bumbling. Question Mark sounds as if he has a better grasp of the world.  :-)

Aww.  *offers brownies*

I just have more free time is all!   :-\  I mean, your post has a video, and a picture is worth a thousand words... 

Scribbles

Quote from: Question Mark on June 09, 2011, 02:25:44 PM
Aww.  *offers brownies*

*Noms*

Oh, I don't mind. I was honestly nervous putting all that up in the first place since it's mostly just skimming and guesswork. I'm glad someone else offered to put up a summary as I was worried about the possible barrage of criticism, or giving Bubby the wrong info for that matter.  :P
AA and OO

Alliance

Well I feel like the ambient ghost in this RP.