Changing theme via mobile app

Started by Inari, January 12, 2015, 02:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inari

For some reason whenever I go on my phone or tablet the theme switches back to the preivous theme I was using (Beige) permanently and I end up having to mess around with the settings every time I access E on my laptop. I just thought I'd pass this on. I will try to log out of my devices to see if it works and let you know how it goes!

jouzinka

I have found that the switcher at the top of the page doesn't hold the setting permanently or from device to device. You have to go to your profile and change via Look and Layout -> Current Theme and change Elliquiy2 to the desired theme.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

AmberStarfire

I'm sure there is a way for it to hold the themes.

I've found that my phone holds my old theme choice (for the phone), even when I've reset it for the computer. It may be down to the way it caches things. A few other people have mentioned the themes not holding (which I experienced at the start as well), and changing the current theme to 'Elliquiy 2' on the look and layout page, before clicking 'change' and choosing the specific theme for Elliquiy 2 is what solved the problem.

You could try removing the Elliquiy cookies or refreshing the browser (Ctrl-f5), if that doesn't work (or Shift-Reload on a phone?). If changes are made to a theme, you need to do a forced refresh (Ctrl-f5/Shift-reload/Ctrl-reload/or Shift-f5) in order for the same theme to change (to an updated version) on your own system.