News:

Main Menu

Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged

Started by Sabby, August 26, 2008, 08:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

I confess to having liked the show for a while. We all have things we're not proud of :P this youtube series has cut together and redubbed Yu-Gi-Oh to make a valid and hilarious point. That the entire show was retarded.

This is episode 1.

[youtube=425,344]http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=vmVGQR3NNdg[/youtube]

RubySlippers

Oh it was worse than some other shows like other shows without a plot or long term theme development. I'll admit its not Robotech but one was for children and the other for mixed ages.

"I summon Gene Warped Warwolf in attack mode, attack Sabbat with double claw strike!!!

Oh did I mention I'm a Yugioh TCG player.

The Great Triangle

*pops out of a card*

Ow!  Why the heck am I bonded into a biziarre prison linked to a childrens trading card game?

(Is a former magic CCG player)
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Sabby

"Hey, did you just summon 3 Blue Eyes in one turn?" "Yes" "...Isn't that against the rules?" "Screw the rules, I have money!"

King_Furby

I acutally enjoyed the show, before it started getting really wierd with the deck masters toward the end. The TCG was actually much better then the show, but even the card game got old after awhile. I played a very faithful online version of the game, but after awhile it was all about stuffing equip magic cards onto monsters to win.

I literally can't stand the new yu-gi-oh gx stuff. yu-gi-oh eventually was just about finding the most creepy bad guys possiable.

I thought exodia was the shit, fricken own.

Jeramiahh

And since YouTube sucks for anything of quality, here's the author's official site, with 30 episodes, several movies, and other spin-off episodes.

An excellent way to waste away a couple hours: http://www.yugiohtheabridgedseries.com/episodes/
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Sabby

Thanks Jera :) theres also a funny Portal reference in there, and a... fairly disturbing few scenes where Mokuba finds himself in Kiba's game... dressed as a girl. I know it appeared in the actual show, but why the hell would Kiba dress his digital brother up XD

Inkidu

Why did you pick the first episode. That series was just funny. This is probably the worst.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

RubySlippers

I like the TCG at least I can always find a game going on at conventions and at the game shops. Although my deck itself it pretty modest and eclectic so I tend to rely a great deal on luck and powerful common cards.

In the defense unlike most other TCG they have lots of scary commons reprinted in the new structured theme decks. And those are generally under $10 so for intro player level and cheapskate gamers its a great option. Although I still like Magic, WWE, Highlander 2nd Edition and even Pokemon this game has some charms. And I tend to disagree the GX series is nice and the cards are a bit too complex to use for my taste they can be effective, just its tricky.

And the Deck Masters in that particular thread of the series was used in friendly games I liked them, often choosing the mighty Time Wizard- I love cards that are a bit random to throw out a bit of fun in the game.

King_Furby

I liked using lab wall and shield and sword.

by my fav tactic was my deck i called "the art of return" literally almost every monster or card in my deck would return the other players field cards to the hard or to the deck. People get so mad =)

Sabby

[youtube=425,344]http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=RUvPSw2rhcY[/youtube]

For those that aren't up to streaming the 30 episodes, heres a highlight reel :)

King_Furby

I seen a new yu-gi-oh the other day on the WB. I only seen a bit of it, but it was basically duel monsters on motorcycles. I guess dueling was actually done while rideing on motocycles. I wish i would have watched how the duels were done but it was too stupid i could not stand to even look at it.

RubySlippers

Quote from: King_Furby on August 29, 2008, 08:12:10 PM
I liked using lab wall and shield and sword.

by my fav tactic was my deck i called "the art of return" literally almost every monster or card in my deck would return the other players field cards to the hard or to the deck. People get so mad =)

One tactice for my Luck Deck is Dice Jar + Dice Re-roll I would activate the trap then flip summon DIce Jar if you do roll a 1d6 vs the opponent. If you or he rolls 6 and have the high die the lose takes 4000 damage! Anything else its the difference in the dice X 500 damage to the loser. I would pop that out everytime I could and it made opponents paranoid toa ttack my face-down cards. Add in Needle Walls and other cards it was just crazy.

As for Yugioh 5D's it looks neat the faster computer chip and like you had to build up your energy level the stronger the monster you can summon. I want some of the new cards. mwhahahahahahaha

King_Furby

There are alot of neat decks you can build with the sets.

I seen someone have this what they called a "Heal deck" basically it used monsters that healed their life points but also caused damage to the other duelist lifepoints. Had this cool card called fire princess.

Sabby

This topic is for discussing the Abridged series. Maybe this should be split for those talking about the actual card game.

Mathim

Yeah, I remember this...like, seven years ago when my friend got me into it. It was really just something to pass the time, the rules were hella simple so I liked that, it wasn't complicated at all. I never got into Magic the Gathering since it looked so complicated and I was never a D&D player either. It was nice watching the show, since they had cards that weren't available to us yet when we were playing the game. But it got old pretty quick, especially after the show changed the rules so you had to summon weak monsters first and had to sacrifice them to make stronger ones.

This totally gives me an idea for an RP...
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).