There’s Witches Among Us (Modern Witches Game) (Interest Check)

Started by Tokyorose627, April 05, 2018, 03:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tokyorose627

In Arthurian Legend, there had always been stories and tales about humans that could perform magic. Feats of strength, casting spells, summoning monsters to wreak havoc amongst the world, they’d all been told, but never believed.

But what if the tales and stories were true?

Witchcraft had always been something within the world, existing amongst humans but afraid to come forward after many of their kind had been killed and persecuted. History began to repeat itself as late centuries later, the Salem Witch Trials occurred that killed dozens of young girls and adults alike, all while true witches stayed hidden, never once using their magic for evil purposes, afraid of the fate that would befall them. However, as time passed, witchcraft became more apparent, being discovered within the late 1800s once a family had become tiresome of hiding away their natural gifts. Humans at first were terrified, afraid of th eunknown, uncertain of what disasters could befall them if witches were allowed to live amongst them. However, as time came and went, Witches were found to be a great asset to the humans, helping create medicine for sicknesses and illnesses, and giving aid to others through the use of their magic.

Now, in modern times however, the bloodlines of Witches has dwindled over the years. With modern technology growing with every year, and offspring of witches choosing a different path other then magic, Witches have dwindled and have become quite scarce over the years. With some towns hosting most Magical families, while others ban the thought of housing them, the modern day has common knowledge of Witchcraft, however, the appearance of Witches has become nearly nonexistent at this point in time. With blame of causing earthquakes and natural disasters, some witches have gone into hiding, or have abandoned their training all together, but this does not stop the select from from carrying on the tradition. Young Girls continue to train as Witches to carry out the family name, and in secret, to find the most powerful item known throughout the history of Witchcraft, the Witches Tome.

So this game I imagined was from the craving of some type of modern witch type game. It has elements of magic, modern settings, and is also inspired by the anime series Fate Stay/Night in regards to some magical elements, a battle against magic users, and other elements that will be added as interest is shown.

The game will be a Freeform, Anime game, most likely put into the Extreme category depending on what elements happen to show up, but to be safe, it will be out there for now. The main focus of the game is the lives of modern day witches, living amongst humans in the city of Tokyo, all while rumors surface that a book known as the Witches Tome as surfaced, said to grant any witch that possess it unlimited magical potential. There is a battle between witches in hopes of finding the book, but they have long since died off, and only rumors seem to surface regarding the book.

For this game, Witches can only be Female, however, if there are Male characters that wish to be made, they can either be:

Mages: a form of human that studies and learns magic from books,

or Males can end up becoming what is known as a Fake Retainer.

Retainers are beings summoned by a witch to help serve them. Much like a servant, Retainers are beings that appear human in nature, but are also linked to their Masters magic, allowing them to use a limited amount of magic, and are much stronger then the average human. Their magic abilities are only limited to how much knowledge their master possess. Retainers can be created from the memory of a loved one or created purely from a Witch’s own thoughts and imaginations, and can be designed to have a “class” set to them in case combat is necessary. However, despite a Witch summoning a Retainer to serve them, the Retainer will have their own personality and ideals, however, under the servitude of their Master, they are forced to follow their orders. Only one Retainer can be held by a witch, however they can have multiple Fake Retainers.

A Fake Retainer is made possible when a Witch gives contract to a regular human. By branding them with a Witch’s Kiss (The witches personal brand), they are made into a fake Retainer, bound to serve them. They are given a class by their Master, and are set in a contract with the Witch that cast the spell on them until it is broken by them, or they die. When cast as a Fake Retainer, their body is changed to withstand attacks and magic that would normally kill humans, much like a regular Retainer, however, their skill will be weaker then an actual Retainer. This option has been abused by some humans who wish to have magical abilities, but lack the bloodline or capacity to learn magic.

Feel free to post here if you’re interested, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding the idea!

Katra Alexion

Tokyorose627

Thanks for the interest! I’m a bit busy at the moment, but hopefully others will be interested in the idea as well! :D

Cessali

This hits a button that interests me.  If the interest check pans out, count me in.

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Serana

I would also be interested, this sounds like a lot of fun! I hope it ends up happening :D

Nova Genesis

Sessha

This twigs my interest as well. Consider my hat thrown in for this game as well.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Levi

A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated