Re: Interest Check: Hellfire Club London 2025 (Marvel) (Trying Again)

Started by BlackStone, February 14, 2017, 11:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackStone

You have been the only submission so far.   I am hoping folks are busy and might be waiting till the weekend to put in a concept.

shii

Im interested. Im busy right now but later I will elaborate on what character I would like to play. Leaning towards a leadership position (anti-hero) if some are still available and/or a slave type. I only play males but I have quite a range. Is anyone LGBT friendly here?

BlackStone

Giving this a bump to see if we can get any more interest.

Sally Aces

I'm interested and checking out the other threads. Not sure whose active, what positions are available etc. will come up with a concept soon.

VonDoom

Sorry, my mistake, I managed to miss that hiddenwithin was waiting on a pm reply from me, didn't mean to hold her up further.  I think everyone's still here, otherwise.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Juggtacular

Is the Onyx Bishop still open? I've got a concept in mind.

BlackStone

Juggtacular

LordRod

Which positions are still open? The char concepts thread seemed to indicate all of them
Glory is being Great and being Useful - Simon Bolivar

Because its There - Sir Edmund Hillary

"The Lord of the Mans of Rod" - Me, spelling everything write and still getting the sentence wrong.

On and Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=265306.0

Sally Aces

I'm thinking up a concept for a Knight... I figure they take responsibility for protecting the interests of the Club and their King... So, the direction I'm thinking of going in is Technopath-Hacker without compare who leads multiple lives. She'd be a noblewoman by birth and Duchess by marriage, so have a place in Society, perhaps even a child or two in boarding school, of course. Her husband is a member of Parliment, not a mutant, who is happy being married to her because 

• She'd run a company that provides cyber-security for British firms and other EU interest, ensuring the fortune of his line for generations to come
  • They have an 'agreement', now that they have an heir and a spare (with a daughter to boot), they are free to pursue pleasure and romance where they want. The only caveat, no scandals. He'd have broken that rule twice were it not for her intervention, so she has the upper hand in their relationshi
  • Under the Hacker handle Enigma11.001 she pursues more grey/black hat endeavors achieving legendary status for achieving the impossible, frequently. She tests naiscent hackers, guiding them down rabbit holes to see how they think. Those who find favor with her receive support, training, and opportunities to secure financial renumeration beyond their wildest dreams.
Powers-wise I'm thinking

• Controls Machines so long as she has line of sight access to a them or something connected to a network they're on.
  • Can 'transmit' herself through electrical and mechanical systems (i.e. Phone lines, power wires) from one place to another
  • Superhuman intelligence
  • Can create devices that border on superscience, meaning can stretch the boundaries of what is, but not brea the laws of physics - IF this isn't too MacGuffin, I'd designate an array of gadgets she uses regularly

In some ways I see her as Onyx court, but she could be Jade just as easily.

BlackStone

Sally Aces

Blackstone, not sure if I should just post my character sheet, so I'm PMing it to you. Tell me what you think :)

BlackStone

The world was in chaos.  There was no other word for it.  For more than a year the major heroes of the world had been missing.  There was no hiding the fact, not anymore.  Too many time some terrorist of enhanced power villain succeeded where in the past someone one, be it the Avengers, Fantastic Four, Thunderbolts, or the X-Men would had put a stop to it.  Oh the governments and the other heroes present in the world had did their best to cover up the fact, but something this large, something so pivotal could not be kept hidden forever.  Nature will always run its course, and she will always have her due.  A vacuum in any form, be the absence of air or power, was an unnatural state and could not exist for any length of time.  Power vacuums took longer to fill, but they eventually do.

The straw which broke the camel's back, as it were, happened first in Europe, in Berlin.  Stryker Research had made a breakthrough in energy technology.  The ability to store and contain anti-matter safely, to be able to use it as a viable energy source.  It was going to change the world.  There were organizations who did not want the world changed however, and while select groups having the technology was not a threat to them, the technology becoming common place was.  It could never be proven who was behind the attack on Stryker, but the Roxxon Corporation, whose backbone was built upon oil and other fossil fuels, had the most to loose from such technology.  Stryker was attacked, and no one came to its aid.  The facility and two miles surrounding it was obliterated in the resulting explosion.  The only saving grace was the facility was not in the city proper, but more than five thousand lives were taken that night, and it was a clear sign the world had changed.

One would thing an organization whose goal was control of the governments and economies of the world would welcome such change, but they would be wrong.  Chaos and disorder was as much an enemy to the Inner Circle of the Hellfire Club as it was to any other organization dedicated to order, chaos was their enemy.  Every member of the Inner Circle lost a small fortune the day Stryler was destroyed, and the world markets had not recovered since.  Since it was clear what few heroes of the world were not enough to reestablish the status quo, then the Inner Circle would need to take maters into its own hands.  They needed stability or they would continue to hemorrhage as they had been the four months since the anti-matter detonation in Germany, and within the year the companies and fortune they had spent a lifetime building would be so much smoke and ash.

Characters are members of the Inner Circle of the London Hellfire Club.  Also this is not Earth 616 so if folks have a new twist on a cannon character, or want to make the offspring of cannon characters I will consider it.   Currently the following positions in the Inner Circle would be open.

Jade
Queen
Knight
Rook

Onyx
King
Queen
Bishop
Rook

Amarlo

Debating it... I am truly tempted... Though if I did join I'd likely take a lower ranking role.

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

firepyre

Interested. Would prefer to play an OC, as frankly my marvel-fu is pretty mediocre. Offspring of magneto or the likes maybe?

firepyre

Just realized there are two 2025 marvel threads atm. Had me confused a bit. Still interested though. Will get to work on something after I do some research.^^

BlackStone

Low ranking is fine as are Original Characters.  When I first tried to get this concept off the ground all of the characters were OC.  However since I seem to be having a hard time getting some people behind this idea, I am not going to turn away anyone who has a twist or a take on an established Marvel character to give their own creative mark on it.  The concept behind this game is to be like antiheroes.  They will save the world yes, but are doing so because no one gets to rule it but them, not for any altruistic goal or motivation.  A good analogy would be the Forgotten Realm Chaos of the Demon Web series where Lloth underwent the transformation from minor to greater deity and the team of Drow who were sent to investigate the reasons behind Lloth's disappearance.  They all had their selfish motivations and goals, and did not trust one another, but at the time mutual goals and survival forced them to work together, and they did so well.  Up until the last two books I thought the series was perhaps the best example of how evil aligned party would actually work, and I want to create a similar environment here in this game, using the Marvel Universe and the Hellfire Club as the literary vessel instead of Drow.