FATE of the Shinigami

Started by ShadowFox89, June 06, 2013, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysterica

Name: Catelyn Quinn
Squad: Raphael Division

Physical description: Catelyn is a fairly short young woman with light red hair falling down to her lower back.  She has a soft gentle face with innocent looking eyes.  She has a figure that would draw many people's eyes were it not for the fact that she keeps her upper body covered in plate armor despite the fact that as a member of the Raphael division her duties involve little more than the defense of the lands, most of which are only minor projects that Throne's can take care of.  Despite her shyness and desire to cover herself from prying eyes however, she does not wear armor on her lower body.  She tried many different coverings between plate leggings, to long skirts, to tights to keep the lustful stares away from her, but in the end the issue of mobility won over her need to hide her body away from the world and she settled on a short skirt and long leather boots.

Personality: Catelyn, determined as she may be to continue to grow strong, has never been able to strengthen her personality.  She finds it very difficult not only to open up to new people, but even at some points even to say more than a few words to them.  Awkward in social situations, Catelyn tends to just keep to herself even in groups of just more than five only answering questions when directly asked or when it is vital that she speak up.  Until she is exceedingly comfortable with someone people tend to think of her as a very quiet person, but oh are they wrong.  Around people she likes she can be quite the chatterbox indeed.  Quick with a joke and loving to hear and share the latest gossip, Catelyn's few friends she has made she would give her life to protect and most would do the same for her if need be.

Zanpakuto: Cecily

Release phrase: "Slice in twain, Cecily"

Sealed form: The sealed form of Catelyn's sword is a side sword with a decorative hilt more in the style of a true rapier.

Released: When released, Cecily grows both in length and width until she holds a beautiful glowing longsword with a Star of David pommel.  With her sword released, Catelyn is capable of creating a perfect copy of herself.  The clone is solid and capable of attacking her opponent.  When destroyed the clone disappears in a blinding flash of light.

Background: Catelyn can't remember much beyond the time when she woke up in Soul Society.  She found herself in the middle of an unfamiliar place surrounded by unfamiliar people claiming that they were to be her new family.  The strangest thing though, she found that no matter how long she went without eating she wasn't hungry... at least for the first year there.  Almost on the exact day that she had been there for a year she began to feel a bit peckish.

The hunger grew on through the day, and by the next morning it was almost unbearable.  She stayed where she was for almost a week before she found that she would have to move away where food was more plentiful and easier to sneak away.  Soon she found herself sleeping on the streets in the city proper.  It wasn't long that she was there that it was noticed that she was stealing food and was soon brought to the academy.  She was explained that the fact that she grew hungry meant she had the potential to become an Angel for the Angel Guard.  If she managed that she would never have to steal food again.  What's more she could learn how to grow stronger and help the world of the living as well as those in the new family she had abandoned.  With that she dedicated her life to learning how to control her new powers until she found herself as a Cherubim ranked officer in the Raphael Division of the Angel Guard.

Ons: Foreplay, dirty talk, bondage, most of what isn't in the offs

Offs: Toilet play, males, blood play, vore

ShadowFox89

Age doesn't really come into play, but your character should look like an adult at least.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Batman4560

He is actually going to look a bit older, can I explain this as he died at the age he looks now?

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Vaulera

So, in regards to character origin, are the 13 noble houses off limits, or should I just make her a noble, aside from the 13?

ShadowFox89

You can make her from one of the 13 houses, and the more detail you give on the house the better. One thing to keep in mind is that arranged marriages are in full effect, though each house has a preference for whom exactly the marriages are arranged towards (one might only marry off to other houses, one to other houses and the squads, etc). It keeps inbreeding down.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Batman4560

Quote from: Vaulera on June 23, 2013, 10:22:17 PM
So, in regards to character origin, are the 13 noble houses off limits, or should I just make her a noble, aside from the 13?
My character being a Paladin would be french, would you like to make the two from the same house?

Avalon29

If you're still accepting I'd be interested in joining.

I was thinking of making a character similar to heroes of Celtic myth and legend like Lugh and Cú Chulainn

ShadowFox89

I think I'm going to close it off at there, then. Depends on how many people get their outlines in...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Avalon29

Great, I'll get an outline up later today then after I get some sleep.

Vaulera

Sure! I'm fine with being from the same house. It's the house of Valois, and I'm thinking they are some sort of prestigious house that enters the Michael division exclusively. Nothing specific so far, so we should PM and decide what the house is like.

ShadowFox89

Please include me in the PM so I can stay in the loop.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RedFangedWerehawk

Name: Pankratios "Pan" Milas
Squad: Michael Division

Physical description: One of the rarer of the blond haired Greeks, Pankratios stands at an average height of 5' 7" with grey-blue eyes and olive toned skin. His hair drops down to about chin length when it is wet or weighted down. He generally does little to style or control his hair aside from keeping it out of his face, so it often looks messy or unkempt. He has a slim build that is buffed out with a light chest plate that he wears over his tabard paired with simple greaves while on missions. He keeps his arms clear of any armor. He models his casual attire after what he thinks looks interesting during his trips to the World of the Living. He currently wears loose blue pants and a white button down shirt when not in uniform.

Personality: On a first impression, Pankratios comes across as distant and disinterested. When he is not in combat he is usually deep in thought or reflection. Some have even described him as 'asleep' when not on duty. He is more than happy to speak his mind, but only to those that ask him to. In combat, he is much more 'awake.'

With his life on the line he is much more reckless and aggressive, taking advantage of his speed to move in quickly and take out any enemies. His fighting style makes it hard for him to fight around other Shinigami, which has left him with jeers and disapproval amongst some of the Michael Division that were or nearly injured because of him.

Zanpakuto: Féta tou Chrónou

"Rend! Féta tou Chrónou!"

Sealed - In it's sealed state, Féta tou Chrónou looks like an ordinary Longsword. The blade is a bit thicker and heavier, but much duller than the average Zanpakuto.

Released - In Féta tou Chrónou's released state, the sword transforms into a pair of elbow length metal gauntlets. Embedded in each gauntlet is a dagger that sticks out 11 inches from Pankratios' knuckles. Each dagger can be launched from the gauntlet at will. Once a dagger is launched, Pankratios can move at a speed faster than flash step (known as a 'rend attack') to the point of the dagger, cutting anything between the two. His movement is limited to once per dagger until both are recovered and returned to their gauntlets. His trajectory during the 'rend attack' can vary by up to 15 degrees from the trajectory of the dagger.

Background: Pankratios, or "Pan" as many call him, is relatively well known around the Soul Society whether it be for better or worse. He has served the Michael Division for many decades, quickly becoming skilled on the battle field. He was on his way to becoming a rising star with his careful and calculated attacks and his ability to effectively coordinate with the rest of his squad to take down Hollows before they could cause any trouble.

There was one mission, however, where that changed. It was a particularly cloudy night during a mission in the World of the Living. Pankratios and a very dear friend of his were on patrol in a small town in Finland. It was an opportunity for them to have a nice romantic working vacation after falling in love in the Soul Society. Sitting on a hillside looking over the sleepy village, they sat in each other's arms. A few Hollows attacked the village that evening and the couple responded. Overconfident, Pankratios taunted the Hollows and carelessly toyed with them. Little did he know, there was a reason two Soul Reapers were sent to the tiny village, an Adjuchas rank Hollow was detected not a day earlier.

With his back wide open, the Adjuchas leaped from the shadows going in for the kill. It was all his beloved could do to move in the way and intercept the blow with her body. The sight of his best friend and lover sacrificing herself to protect him was too much for the Soul Reaper to bear. The sight of her with a hole in her chest etched in his mind forever. This was all because of his arrogance. Here he thought he was invincible and life was good, but his world shattered right before his eyes. From that point on, he has troubling remembering what happened. All that he knew is that he is still alive, and she is dead. He vowed never to be careless in battle after that point.

Weeks on end after his initial recovery from the event he quickly became consumed with guilt and his personality shifted to the more withdrawn Pankratios that is now known across the Soul Society today.

Ons: Taunting, teasing, dirty-talk, power play (really, anything not in Offs)

Offs: Scat, watersports, vomit, mutilation, extreme violence, bestiality, hard vore, males

Avalon29

Name: Conall McClellan
Squad: Raphael

Physical description: A raven haired man of Celtic descent Conall stands at about 5’ 7” tall with brown eyes and pale skin. Conall has a slim and toned build of a runner or a swimmer and when on duty he typically wears either reinforced leather armor or chain mail over his tabard as he dislikes being slowed down by heavier armor with gauntlets to protect his hands and forearms. Outside of combat he usually wears brown loose fitting trousers and dark green shirt or anything that he feels won’t restrict his movement.

Personality: Conall has never been the most refined person in the world. He’s straight forward and short tempered when it comes to those questioning his honor or his background. He’s not someone one would want to invite to any formal parties. He’s far more comfortable outside or with the common folk where no one really cares if he speaks his mind rather than hiding his meaning beneath fancy words and lies.

In combat he has a tendency to lose himself to battle frenzy and is always able to find enjoyment when he fights a strong opponent. Despite his enjoyment of a good fight, what really defines him is his willingness to defend those close to him. He puts theirs and others safety above his own and even if it’s foolish he’ll charge in without thinking.

Zanpakuto: Faolchú

Seilg Faolchú

Unreleased: Unreleased, Conall’s Zanpakuto takes the form of an Irish ring sword. It has a blade length of 37 inches with a width slightly greater than which tapers to a fine point giving it some thrusting power but the blade’s design leaves better for cutting. The hilt is long enough to be held in both hands and has a simple leather wrap with a simple cross guard. The only real distinctive feature of the blade is its pommel, a ring slightly wider than a circle with the sword’s tang running through it that’s capped off at the end of the pommel.

Released: When released his zanpukto changes into a long spear. The shaft of the spear is black, eight feet long, and etched with Celtic runes encircling the shaft. The spearhead is 14 inches long with a wavy pattern allowing it to easily slide into the opponents. The edges of the blade are sharp enough to cut but its main use is for thrusting. In its released form Conall’s zanpakuto has the ability to release seismic waves upon impact dramatically increasing the force of his blows. The seismic waves have a myriad of other uses. It can be used to do things like create small earthquakes to unbalance opponents or focused to generate a wave of earth and stone to fire at his opponent.

Background: Before Conall joined WESS he lived in one of the lower districts with his sister Caitlin. There he took on the responsibility of taking care of his younger sister. That meant doing whatever he could to keep her safe and when the siblings started to get hungry that meant doing what he had to in order to feed them. He raided several smaller gangs that terrorized various districts taking whatever money and food they had stolen to feed him and his sister. His actions also had the beneficial side effect of earning him the praise of some of the populace. It was this that initially drew the interest of WESS but he wasn't brought to the academy until after trying to take on a group of shinigami recruits in search for food that he and his sister had the potential to become shinigami themselves.

In the academy Conall knew that some of the others would look down on him and his sister due to being from one of the poorer districts. He and his sister had struggle and he wouldn't stand for those who looked down on them to insult either him or his sister. Whenever he thought that someone was insulting them he wouldn't hesitate to start a fight. In the end both he and his sister graduated. He made the surprising move of joining the Raphael division while his sister ended up being a part of the Gabriel division.

Ons: He’s up for just about anything that’s not in the offs.

Offs: scat, watersports vomit

Batman4560

Name: Matthis St. Andre

Squad: Micheal

Physical description: An older gentleman of French descent. Matthis stands at 6'4" tall with dark blue eyes and tan skin. He has slightly grey hair that he attributes to his years of stress from hunting the enemies of his former masters. He dresses in a set of full plate armor that oddly does little to restrict his movements. The armor itself is a layer of chainmail, followed by large metal plates that are white with red trim and crosses in them. His head is left exposed and a cape hangs off his shoulders. Outside of combat he wears robes that match the color of his armor but still wears the light chain mail.

Personality: Matthis is loyal to whatever master he serves and views himself as a champion of the people. If while serving a master he finds something to be a-miss, Matthis will directly confront the situation and express his concern. A true gentleman Matthis will be hesitant to attack a woman even when his life is on the line. Socially Matthis is friendly but does not drink or take any mind altering drugs as he always wants to be able to react should something happen. 

Zanpakuto:

sainte-léger (Long sword-Holy Light), and sainte-feu (short sword-Holy Fire)

Release command- Burn Bright-sainte-léger, sainte-feu

Sealed:

Sainte-léger, is 36 inches long and made for sundering an opponents weapon. The tip is made for stabbing and the blade itself is ideal for leaving a gaping wound. Sainte-feu, is a 28 inch long blade made for getting into armor and bone. The base of the blade is serrated up until about half way up where it is razor sharp. The tip is clearly made for digging into metal and flesh. The hilt of both swords look like crosses but vary in size, the first allowing for two hands if needed while the second has just enough room for one hand.

Released:

In their released forms léger glows a bright white light and emits a faint humming sound. The blade gains multiple effects in this state one(disparaître) that shrouds the area in a bright light and makes Matthis invisible for thirty seconds. The second ability(décevoir) is to bend light and form illusions around his opponent that are visual only. The third changes his sword to pure light and allows him to use a ranged attack of pure light, however it takes time to charge so Matthis tends to use the illusion trick before charging the blade itself.
Feu glows a dim red and emits a great amount of heat. When the blade strikes something fire flows from the blade for a moment leaving slight burns.

Background: While not a direct member of any of the noble houses Matthis comes from a long line of Paladin's that served as the protectors to the noble families. As such he has always been treated with a level of respect within WESS. He was raised to be an adviser and guard. Matthis has always worked to uphold justice and the law of his masters. Now he works as Emilia's guard and protector under her fathers orders and does his best to guide her on her way.

Ons: willing to try anything once unless listed in the offs

Offs: receiving anal, anything that belongs in the bathroom

Vaulera

I apologize if i've been erratic recently, but i'm on a little trip with my family, I will be back by saturday afternoon likely, if not, saturday night! I'll have my background much more solidly done, including the house. My apologies for the delays, mr GM, mr Batman. Also, awesome choice of weapon Avalon. I'm half celtic myself, and it does my heart good to see a Lancea.

Batman4560

Not a problem, I inserted master for the term house until you get back and we can talk about that more. :)

Vaulera

Got the history done, sorry for the delays, but I think I did well. If there are any issues, please don't hesitate to inform me!

Vaulera

Let's keep this one alive, would hate to see it go just because of some inactivity!

Batman4560

Mysterica

Yeah.  I've been telling Shadow when we chat on IM.

ShadowFox89

Okay, since everyone who appears to be interested has a character finished, on to character creation. We appear to be all Michael/Raphael division, so this is going to be a bit like CSI/NCIS: Soul Society Edition.

Full Character Sheet (separate from your description/writeup, that's fluff and this is mechanics)

[b]Name[/b]:
[b]High Concept[/b]:
[b]Trouble[/b]:
[b]Refresh[/b]:
[b]Fate Points[/b]:

[u][b]Approaches[/b][/u]:
[b]Careful[/b]:
[b]Clever[/b]:
[b]Flashy[/b]:
[b]Forceful[/b]:
[b]Quick[/b]:
[b]Sneaky[/b]:

[b]Stunts[/b]: With Zanpakuto Released (+2)
[b]Aspects[/b]:

[b]Stress[/b]: [ ][ ][ ]
[b]Consequences[/b]:
[b]Mild (2)[/b]:
[b]Moderate (4)[/b]:
[b]Severe (6)[/b]:

The starting stunt is for free, you can get up to three more. If you need help with a character, I'll do what I can.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Vaulera

Okay, so here is where I'm going to need to leech some help off of my fellows. I am experienced with D&D and the like, but I've never played fate. I have the rulebooks, but I may need some coddling for this creation step!

Batman4560

Oh good, I don't even have the books so I am happy to know that I am not alone in this.

Vaulera

Ah, don't we need to describe how all of our characters have met? Also, is the premise for some sort of special squad or shall that be decided as we enter the game?