Blind Faith: a post-apocalyptic setting (LBGT friendly and Recruiting!)

Started by Cleo4u2, October 25, 2012, 05:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHangedOne

Maybe she is in the same building as Tristyn's apartment? Or she could be walking along the road and sees them?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Miyu

umm no she already lives in her parents house outside the main city, reason why she has her own shooting range. :)

Chreestafer

like i said Miyu we could have some ties somewhere along the way? maybe you were one of the girls i liked as a kid and got beat up for liking you or i know you from the shooting range?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Miyu

That could work, you might know that my family collects weapons and decide to stop by my house?

Chreestafer

which one? lol i liked you? or know u from the range? we could play off either or both in the future?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Miyu

Her fathers firing range can be okay, he could know her since he visited her a couple of times. He might also know she is a good shot which could make the group wanna go to her?. She is the kind of girl that would not go to school if she could manage it so her parents staying in sleeping means nobody woke her up :P

Cleo4u2

That sounds good to me. Try can pick her up before the supply run but the interaction will have to be short, then can continue in the convoy. That way we don't wait to long to get apygoos involved. Miyu, you can go say hi in the ic/ooc thread if you like and you can both go some back story work in before the end if you like.

Blonde, let me know if you want done help getting her re involved
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts.  - Bertrand Russell

Ons/Offs and Info ~ Plot Ideas - Updated 6/213/16

My /Aways Updated 8/25/16

Edrick

Character Sheet

Username:  Edrick
Character Name: Dean Rundstedt
Height: 6' 3"
Hair:  black
Eyes:  blue
Appearance:  Tall medium build guy, handsome but 'dark' looking in a way.
Sexuality: Straight

Personality:  loner that is out to live life as he sees fit, and not restricted by the status qua.  Not known to be an evil or bad person, but not afraid to hurt those that get in his way.

History: Dean was always the rebel without a cause in high school, known by many.  He was not the normal bully type, more like the mafia member that dealt with the 'business' of the school.  As long as their was pay involved, he was in on the action.  Getting things other kids were not brave enough to get for themselves; things like beer, cigarettes, drugs, etc.  The video of the girl's field hockey team in the showers and lockers, got him a good amount of cash from a large population of the boys in school.

On one such 'business' deal, he was caught and expelled.  It did not bother him, as he did not care much for school and what it offered.  Instead, he was found in the parking lot every day after school and sneaking inside after hours to continue his dealings.

His father was in jail and his mother a stripper addicted to drugs, so it was him trying to learn to survive and find his own way in life.  Probably the cause of the way he turned out, but he was not one to secretly cry about it or want negative attention as he acted out.  He just saw how the real world worked, and he would not be left being a slave of false hopes and dreams of the perfect life.

Skills/Hobbies: organized crime, drug dealing, stealing, lock picking/breaking in and entering, shooting.

How you wish to join the Journey: Dean had noticed something strange going on as he drove by the high school in his Mustang, seeing a small group of students getting in cars he follows them from a distance so he would not be seen.

Additional Notes:  Dean is not part of the group or known to be around, he is following them for his own reasons alone.  If he was spotted he would be known by everyone most likely, but he was doing his best to avoid that.

Edrick

sorry, I thought i was in the interested forum, had several of the blind faith forums open at one time.

Cleo4u2

Quote from: Edrick on November 07, 2012, 08:44:54 PM
sorry, I thought i was in the interested forum, had several of the blind faith forums open at one time.

ha ha, it happens, don't worry about it. Like I said, we're just trying to keep the IC/OOC uncluttered 'cause when we started it really was.

You are approved and may go make mischief! I'm putting your post order above mine and let us all know if you just want to be skipped, etc.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts.  - Bertrand Russell

Branwen

Dean was always the rebel without a cause...

I see what you did there!  Very funny!

Edrick

Cleo4u2

We are still looking for new members. I should be able to get anyone interested into the game fairly soon

Frank Reshman

Room for one more? And could I get a synopsis posted or linked to a place where I could catch up on the story?  I guess I could be thrown into the group and just gather bits and pieces of it through exposition, either way.  Should I just make up a character and start posting after i'm approved?

Crowe

Post your character here or PM Cleo for approval. We always welcome enthusiastic minds :-)

Cleo4u2

<3 crowe

I'll put together a summary tonight, but atm I'm looking for people who weren't with the original grooup

Frank Reshman

What a coincidence! I wasn't with the original group!   ;D

Barring total catastrophe, I should have a character sheet sent to you by tomorrow.

AribethAmkiir

Wow.  I don't know where I was in October, or November of that matter, but this game seems very intriguing. 

Are there any character types that are missing and/or sorely needed? 

What speed/post rate is the game currently demanding? 

Cleo4u2

Currently we're at once a week, but I'm hoping to speed us back up to two or three times a week at the least. I lost my "damsel in distress" character, but I"m not looking to have real character types. Whatever people want to play. We have plenty of people who know self-defense and guns, plus a "medic" of sorts. We also have a mechanic and a farmer, plus a "McGyver". What I'd like to see is someone who knows architecture, science, that kind of thing. We currently can't make defenses or our own medicine, etc.

Also, anyone wanting to join, I have a scenario coming up that will help you in, so don't worry about that requirement just yet.

Frank Reshman

Character Sheet

Username:  Frank Reshman
Character Name: John Anderson
Height: 6'2
Hair: Short brown
Eyes: Deep blue
Appearance:
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Personality: Calculating, calm, slow to anger, uses violence as a last resort.
History:
Skills/Hobbies: Tinkering with anything mechanical.  Likes doing physics equations in his free time.
How he/she met Michael: Haven't met him yet.
Additional Notes:
Starting Gear: Screwdriver, wrench, some bolts and screws, duct tape, his father's service pistol, a few spare magazines of ammo, enough food for 2 weeks, enough water for 2 weeks, a sleeping bag, a few bobby pins, and a locket with a picture in it.

Rough draft.  Still just filling in his History, but I have an estimate of what he's going to be.  His father was in the army and died when he was young, his mother disappeared with everyone else, and his sister was in another state visiting with his aunt and uncle when the event started.  She's 14.

So PM me if I need to change anything or add anything. 

Cleo4u2

*puts on sunglasses* Well hellooo, Mister Anderson.

I'd really like to see some history on him, but he looks alright. I just have a few questions - why is he carrying random screws and bolts? You said to see picture for his appearance, but there is no picture?

Anyone looking to join: If I can get two or three new people in the next day or so, I would really like to toss you into a thread ASAP to start the next scene. Like I said, it's usually difficult to get people started, but I want to take as great an advantage of this situation as possible.

Crowe

Maybe he's a mechanic and was on his way to work or something? :-\

Cleo4u2

Crowe

Frank Reshman

I'm facepalming as hard as I can, guys.  Sorry, seem to have forgotten a few major things about my character.  Like, y'know, what he looks like and why he likes tinkering and such.  revising original draft.