Adrift in Space (Closed to New Players)

Started by kckolbe, October 16, 2013, 08:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckolbe

I'm guessing that the majority of diamonds had some kind of connection to get there. 

As for the Raptor, I would just consider it a small transport craft, since that is what a Raptor is without the special stuff on it.  So yeah, nothing big there.  I figure it would technically belong to the guild, but be assigned to her.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Phaia

Quote from: kckolbe on October 18, 2013, 01:07:16 PM
I'm guessing that the majority of diamonds had some kind of connection to get there. 

As for the Raptor, I would just consider it a small transport craft, since that is what a Raptor is without the special stuff on it.  So yeah, nothing big there.  I figure it would technically belong to the guild, but be assigned to her.

the way i kinda see diamonds is she is now part of the old money/mover and shakers crowd...there could be platimum with more cubits then a diamond they just are not 'in'...

i did not want to step outside things with the raptor ...read up that there is a civilian version and they have a range of 10ly round trip was gonna mention she had to jump probqlly 18ly to get to the survivors so ther is no going back with the raptor till its refueled...it could be brought back to normal i guess, of course the weapon bays now hold water tanks and the electronis is an in ship entertainment area...her bed could hold two if they are intimate. ie snuggled close

phaia

kckolbe

Quote from: Phaia on October 18, 2013, 01:13:11 PM
her bed could hold two if they are intimate. ie snuggled close

Just two?  I thought she was a professional.  ~grins~  I am off to bed.  Looking forward to seeing the new posts when I wake up.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Phaia

Quote from: kckolbe on October 18, 2013, 01:15:27 PM
Just two?  I thought she was a professional.  ~grins~  I am off to bed.  Looking forward to seeing the new posts when I wake up.

oh heck i forgot she has that speical civil version taht inside has a huge 2 bedroomsuite, complete with a doube king size bed... a 6 person bath her own maid...a fully stocked kitehen  and a 100 sq ft closet... there is that better ;)

phaia

Kythia

Let me know if this is OK:

Admiral Hannah Sheridan

(I'll remove the stars and stripes and US tags later.  Or, rather, I'll ask someone else to :) )

Hannah was born on Caprica to a distinguished military family and the fact she and her sisters would join the military was rarely in doubt.  As it happened, one didn't but Hannah followed the expected path.

Her family's name and influence as senior officers combined with her own natural skills to give her a decently swift rise up the ranks, attaining Admiral at fifty one.  By fifty three she had command of one of the Battlestar Strike Fleets that protected the colonies.  Fortunately or unfortunately it was the one closest to Caprica when the attack happened.

The capital ship came in for heavy fire, there were heavy casualties amongst the air wings.  Had the colonies survived, some of her actions may have come in for scrutiny.  She firmly believes she made the correct decision in fleeing when they did, despite knowing that not all that could evacuate the planet had done so.  Her belief is that keeping the fleet there longer would have endangered everyone on board, making their ability to wait for more fleeing the planet useless.  She's anxious, though, to return to Caprica to see what, if anything, can be salvaged.  And the sooner the better.

Agility 2
Athletics 2
Awareness 2
Cunning 2
-Administration 1
Deception 2
Endurance 2
Fighting 3
Knowledge 2
Markswomanship 3
Mechanics 2
Medical 2
Persuasion 3
-Incite 1
-Intimidate 1
Reflexes 2
Status 5
-Politics 2
Stealth 2
Survival 2
Thievery 2
Warfare 6
-Command 5
-Strategy 4
Will 4
- Coordinate 2

Spending

Admin 1
Incite 1
Intimidate 1
Politics 2
Command 5
Strategy 4
Coordinate 2

=16

Cunning 1 - 1
Fight 3 - 1
Marksmanship 3 - 1
Persuasion 3 - 1
Status 5 - 1+3+3 = 7
Warfare 6 - 1+3+3+3=10
Will 4 - 1+3 = 4

=25

Flaws:
Crippled
Illness

During the attack on the BSF, an electrical fire broke out near her.  Her leg was badly burnt and it has caused nerve damage that is out of the range of the ship'd med bay to heal.  If she had access to Caprica's medical facilities then it could be healed.  As it, it is progressively affecting her and requires constant trips to med bay to try to repair the damage the degeneration is causing.

And I would like to take "Nemesis"  If that's not possible then let me know and I'll pick another.  My thinking is someone whose family was on Caprica and wasn't able to evacuate before she signalled the retreat.  Obviously that requires your approval of both backstory and of that specific flaw.  Its by no means essential, if you'd rather I took something else than just say.

kckolbe

We'll work out something for her personal ship.

Admiral Sheridan looks all right so far, but you are short on flaws.  For her age, she is required to take 3 flaws, at least two of which must be from Agility, Athletics, Awareness, Cunning, Endurance, Fighting, Marksmanship, or Reflexes

Zara is all right.  I am a bit concerned about the number of flaws, especially as Warfare and Survival are areas she will have no use for, and Thievery is in close to the same boat.  It seems a bit min max-y.

Intro Thread

RubySlippers

Well my character has flaws that likely she won't use, but they fit her life of pacifism and I will role-play out her not wanting to work on technology that could be used for war likely that would add into those to form a concept bloc.

So maybe the GM considered that in the okay.

Kythia

Quote from: kckolbe on October 18, 2013, 06:47:32 PM

Admiral Sheridan looks all right so far, but you are short on flaws.  For her age, she is required to take 3 flaws, at least two of which must be from Agility, Athletics, Awareness, Cunning, Endurance, Fighting, Marksmanship, or Reflexes

Yeah, I didn't quite understand that bit.  What do you mean "from Agility, Athletics, etc"

The three flaws I was aiming for were Crippled, Illness and Nemesis.

Phaia

Quote from: kckolbe on October 18, 2013, 06:47:32 PM

Zara is all right.  I am a bit concerned about the number of flaws, especially as Warfare and Survival are areas she will have no use for, and Thievery is in close to the same boat.  It seems a bit min max-y.

you want me to drop them no problem... i will admit to getting a bit happy with the flaws but they were there and the merits are so niceeeee

phaia

Phaia

arkhos

KC,

I believe I had to pick 1 flaw, and start with 2 DP.

I picked the flaw for Deception (as described on my char sheet).
I then spent 1 DP on the merit Dutiful.
Banking the 1 unused DP.

Let me know if not acceptable. :)

-ark
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Chaeronea

Updated Sam's character sheet and added flaws, Kckolbe. I've added some fluff text to each of the flaws as I see them - Kckolbe, can you tell me if I've got them right?

Phaia

i think this may help a bit ...gives detailed info on the 12 colonies

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/The_Twelve_Colonies_of_Kobol#Natives

Chaeronea i like sam and zara likes older men anyway ..she also has a supply of fine cigars on her ship..maybe even one or 2 that has been flavored with special juices [shades of bill clinton]

have too see how they get along...she has the ability to be a decent raptor pilot but wont like the fleet at all

mia h...zara could be a huge asset to someone runing for presiedent

phaia

Scribbles

Kckolbe,

Added flaws and merits, plus changed stats around a bit.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Phaia

scribbes, if ya want to part of the sheridan clan, myself and kythia drop us a line...with the ay you did yur background its very possible 'aunty' hannah got you assigned to her ship

zara would be a good bit older then your character but also the black sheep daughter/neice

phaia

Scribbles

Phaia,

I'll PM Kythia and see how she feels about it, if she says 'yes' then I'll PM you and we can discuss it in more detail.
AA and OO

Phaia

kc, have ya decided on a name for admiral sheridan's ship??

phaia

kckolbe

RubySlippers is correct that a lot of the generic flaws are in "out of the way" abilities.  I guess the reason it concerns me is that civilians seem to have a lot more options for such flaws, and I worry about an unintended imbalance between the two faction's characters because of it.

The flaws listed meant that you had to take a generic flaw from one (or two, for the older types) of those abilities. 

Arkhos, those merits/flaws are okay.

Chaeronea, as with Kythia's character, I'd intended for certain abilities to be required as flaws...but given my concern with civilian/military balance, maybe I should throw that out.  I'll get back to both of you.  I am uncomfortable with insubordinate, as he might be too high up on the totem pole for it to matter, but I will listen to your thoughts on it.  Also, I counted 23 points on abilities as opposed to 25.

I have not decided on a name for the ship, but given that the roles for commander and XO are filled, perhaps we could start thinking of one.

Important Note: We are still missing political characters.  I had 3 spots listed as required, and only one is filled.

Intro Thread

Phaia

if yu need it zara can step up and help with the policitical leader...she has run a planet wide guild as a platnum socialator...so she knows how she just does not want it...which can make the best leaders

phaia

kckolbe

The problem is that I want characters who *do* want the power.  I want the political types to be constantly worrying about competition from the others.

Intro Thread

Scribbles

Quote from: kckolbe on October 18, 2013, 11:04:42 PMI have not decided on a name for the ship, but given that the roles for commander and XO are filled, perhaps we could start.

Don't tease, I can't wait for this game to start!
AA and OO

kckolbe

Sorry, I meant start talking about a name for the ship.  My bad on that.

Intro Thread

RubySlippers

Quote from: kckolbe on October 18, 2013, 11:11:39 PM
The problem is that I want characters who *do* want the power.  I want the political types to be constantly worrying about competition from the others.

That is to much work I prefer the chain of succession its easy and will get a President into the game. I for one don't think this is all that important as an element with the human race almost wiped out. Just my two cents.

kckolbe

I do, though.  Look at the effect that Tom Zarek had in season one.

Intro Thread

Scribbles

Quote from: kckolbe on October 19, 2013, 12:16:13 AM
Sorry, I meant start talking about a name for the ship.  My bad on that.

No need to apologise, I'm just pulling your leg. As for a ship name, you could go for something common, Victory, Diligent, Freedom, Hope, Juggernaut, or maybe something more out there, Pegasus, Orion, Dark Matter, Silverfire...
AA and OO