News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Bible Black: Missing Pages (System game)

Started by godfang, October 24, 2013, 01:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

godfang

This is the soft reset from the previous Bible Black: Ophelia game. This time, we will use the Rapture Academy ruleset with a few modification (props for JR for giving me some good ideas)

Character making house-rules
-All characters are humans
-No merits from the 'Inhumanity' skill-tree may be taken...yet
-All characters are students or faculty members of the Saint Ophelia Highschool
-No characters may openly flaunt their use of magic

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
http://web.archive.org/web/20080208112929/http://markovia.com/index.php?title=Rapture_Academy#LARP_.288.2B_players.29

Suggestions
Since the game is going to stick to the bible black setting (and i might even bring in a few cameos to be used as npc/victims/willing sex kittens, it would be best that the character designs sticks to the darker feel of bible black.

houses
Instead of houses, Saint Ophelia has clubs. The benefits of being in a club are as follows

-Sports Club-
Attributes: +2 Force, -1 Attribute points.
Discounts: 2 Competition

From baseball, to boxing to obscure sports like horseback riding, the Saint Ophelia school has it all and the athletes of these clubs are governed by the school's athletic council.

-Student Council-
Attributes: +1 Allure +1 Study Force, -1 Attribute points.
Discounts: 2 Dominance OR Sensuality

Led by the ever popular senior, Asaki Shirohime, the student council runs the school and has a good reputation as the elite of society.

-The Ocult Club-
Attributes: +2 Study -1 Attribute points.
Discount: 2 Erudition

-The Delinquents-
Attributes: +1 threat +1 force -1 Attribute
Discount: 2 Dominance

Outcasts and punks, the delinquents of Saint Ophelia bands together in search of like-minded individuals

*Teachers may affiliate themselves with one of the faction or receive the bonus for unhoused characters

Background

Saint Ophelia is a school where only the rich or talented can enter. It is a place of hallowed traditions and excellence, yet lately there are rumors of odd things happening within its walls. Students would go missing and strange supernatural happenings are sighted within it. One of the latest case involved a popular senior, Ninomiya Akane, a member of the student council who is considered to be one of the most beautiful girls in school. One day, she went crazy and got onto her knees, begging for a cock to suck on. Many male student took advantage of the situation before the teachers stepped in. Now, Akane is kept in a mental hospital where she keeps hysterically screaming for more cocks.

Rumors began to circulate that someone placed a curse on Akane, someone whose romantic advances was violently rejected by the young woman. Another rumor stated that there are dark artifacts circulating around the campus, missing pages of a magic tome and that these pages will give arcane powers to those who possess it. These pages are said to be part of the legendary 'Bible Black' and that when all the pages are gathered, the owner will be given anything they wish for,

Videospirit

What suggestions would you have for retooling Amy to the new setting? Was there any part of the character you had a problem with in particular?

godfang

just follow the houserules above and it'll be fine ;)  The demon bound to her is fine, i can roleplay as him and maybe that's one of the reason she's seeking the pages? to exorcize her demon?

Jr

Looks like Shiro's good mechanically. Are there any issues with his backstory?

Laughing Hyena

So we put our sheets where? PM them or what?

Videospirit

Is student council's attribute bonus or a typo or does it really increase 3 different ones?

Laughing Hyena

It doesn't actually increase three stats. It reads, +1 Allure +1 Study, -1 Attribute points.

godfang

Videospirit

I'm still going to have to make some adjustments to the character, because the school isn't know for the occult anymore and therefore being a transfer student isn't as plausible.

Laughing Hyena

Not true. She might be able to have heard through the grapevine or such of the canon incidents in Bible Black. Like a small glimmer of hope to perhaps find said cure.

Videospirit

There's also the issue that as a transfer student, having "The student council" as the club is a bit weird, and none of the other choices fit.

But I guess it isn't entirely implausible as someone trying to get in with the student council.

godfang

@spirit: I will make a reply to your character when it is edited then

@Jr: Oh, my bad, if you are members of the occult club, they are gathered in a small apartment they use for meetings.

Videospirit

I made the edits before I posted lol.

Just gave me more things to add to my list of goals.

godfang

My problem is that you posted her as having just arrived, but she's part of the student council. I propose one of two solutions to this.

1. Make her unhoused and we'll try and get her into the student council
2. Have it so that this is not her first day, maybe she has already been in the school for abit

also, i need to know what's in the letter she received from the cultist

Videospirit

Unhoused huh ;_;. Well I suppose it's appropriate, but the lost attribute point hurts, ahh well, this is a roleplay not a rollplay. Shame inhumanity merits are completely out, might make it worthwhile to spend a point on altered genitalia for retractable cock that grants an extra surprise round.

And the letter was just a generic recruitment flyer for the school, like something they'd hand out to parents asking questions about whether it was the right school for their children to attend or not. Except it had been personally mailed to her rather than sent by the school, with no return address. Likely as a lure to get her to come to the school and investigate, without possibly revealing any clues to their identity at all.

godfang

@videospirit: unhoused for roleplay purposes only, keep her stats the way it is if you wish, just don't roleplay her as a student council member yet. (I'll put her in the student council eventually)

Videospirit

Quote from: godfang on October 25, 2013, 12:17:42 AM
@videospirit: unhoused for roleplay purposes only, keep her stats the way it is if you wish, just don't roleplay her as a student council member yet. (I'll put her in the student council eventually)

That's what I was doing in the first place yeah, sorry if I confused you.

godfang

ok, here's where i need some help understanding the rules.

desire rolls. For example when amy uses adorable (what is that btw? i can't find it)  and remissus uses chastise to dominate Ai. To my understanding you roll against their desire, so does that mean they try to roll as many dice as their desire/virtue and have to match your number of successes? what if they already agree to sex?

Laughing Hyena

However if Nozomi is trying to hold out and make it a challenge for him to make her cum she might still resist anyway just because she wants to hold out on him.

Anyway I think I was wrong. Its a flat defense value that has to be beat. Im quoting from the rule book.

Seduction is the process of making someone desire you, or sex in general. In RaptureRPG Seduction can be accomplished before, during or after a sexual encounter. The basic mechanism of seduction is to give Desire - you spend a point of desire, roll a die against your target's current Virtue +2, and if you succeed they gain a point of Desire.

godfang

so say her virtue is 3 desire is 3. Then you throw a dice to beat 5, but get bonuses if you meet their fettishes yes? (in this case, Remissus is a foreigner which is a ++ for her)

Laughing Hyena

Seems like it though this would contradict the fact that it says that its basically a contested roll… So basically this gives a fighting chance to someone whom say has less dice then someone with higher values.

I looked this up so lets see if we can figure this out.

Most actions are accomplished by rolling a number of six-sided dice equal to the attribute and counting the successes. In most cases successes are any dice that come up with a four or better. (One exception is when rolling to give or consume desire, in which case the target numbers are Virtue+2 or Desire+2, respectively.) Some actions require only a set number of successes determined by the GM, often just one. Most actions that target a character are resisted with another attribute or ability. The values that are generally used to resist an Ability are listed under the entry for that Ability. Of course it's always possible that a character will find a way to resist Restrain with Wealth, by all means use whichever Attribute or Ability seems appropriate given the circumstances.

Both values are rolled, and the one with the most successes prevails. Either character can spend Virtue (if success will allow them to avoid sex) or Desire (if success will make it more likely it). Each point adds an additional success.

Videospirit

Giving Desire and Adorable function differently than normal rolls.

Adorable is a merit that automatically triggers every time Amy meets someone for the first time, I roll allure with a special target number of 6 for my dice instead of the usual 4, vs. the targets initial desire(they use the normal target number of 4 for successes). If I win the test(Unless they are a monster with 9 or more desire I win the test.

Giving Desire has special rules just for it. The target number for your d6 to reach changes wildly based on fetishes and current virtue of your target. I expect your target has a -japanese fetish which makes things harder for you. It may be easiest to just tell godfang what your dice came up as. You also need to spend a point of your own desire just to attempt the action.

You roll 1 die for seduction tests, no more. The target number changes quite a bit. It is Targets current virtue +2 and is modified by fetishes. For example, if Nozomi Ai had a Virtue of 2 and a desire of 4 right now, and had a --Japanese Cocks fetish, and no other fetishes applied, Remisus would not be able to give her any pleasure at all by just ramming his japanese cock into her, because he'd need to roll a 7 on a single six sided die. If she had 1 virtue and 5 desire and the same fetishes, and remisuss rolled a 6 he'd succeed, her desire would rise to 5, displacing 1 point of virtue, and his target number would drop down to 5 next round. Climaxing when your virtue is 0(You are in danger of climaxing every time your desire hits 0 or 6, but reaching 6 desire means your virtue is guaranteed to be 0) forces you to roll against corruption, every 10 corruption lowers your initial virtue by 1 and raises your initial desire by 1, as you become sluttier.

If she was feeling particularly stubborn, she could resist his efforts to please her by consuming the desire. She has the option to decide to do this after he succeeds, and would need to spend both 1 point of virtue and 1 point of desire to resist, which means she'd still be making it easier for him to give her more desire in the future by lowering her virtue. She would roll a single 6 sided die with a TN equal to Remissus current desire+2, which would probably be 2 right now because he just spent 1 point trying to give desire to Nozomi. So a 4 or higher would cause Remissus himself to lose a point of desire. If Remissus' desire 0s out and he fails an endure roll he cums early, which may spoil his partners mood but does allow him to make an endure roll to recover desire(insatiable really helps) in order to keep on going. If he resists cumming and has no desire left his cock goes all limp and he just can't get it up again.(He can make a free endure roll to recover desire once per scene though, and his insatiable merit means he'd gain an extra point, but only up to his initial desire)

I'm not sure if the surprise bonus doubles the amount of desire you give the first round if you succeed, or just automatically gives 1 desire for free, but I think it's the former.

That's just the free roll from the act of passion itself, you can also give your targets additional desire by making an arousal test each round, and in consensual sex this means you and your partner can keep each other going for a looong time by doing this. These are opposed rolls, and the defender gets +2 successes if they guess what ability the one trying to give them desire is using. Vamp is resisted by targets initial virtue(not current! Important distinction), Sweet talk, chastise, and dirty talk are resisted by threat. These rolls should be resisted even if the target wants to be seduced, because some people are just harder to please than others, but they do not have to guess what is being used to arouse them if they don't want to do it. If you are not currently having sex and an arousal test brings your desire up to 6, you have been seduced! You have succumbed to peer pressure or Remissus mysterious charm or whatever and allowed him to talk you into having sex with him, if you weren't planning to do so already. Of course he could be a jerk and just leave you like that after getting you all worked up, nothings forcing HIM to carry through with the seduction unless you were also making arousal tests against him yourself ;p and he's equally worked up now.

Edit: Wait, Remíssus Acer Tantibus is a foreigner? I thought he was at least half japanese.

Laughing Hyena

I think my head just did backflips from all that.

Anyway as far as Remissus being half foreign, shut up please. :P

All joking aside, he is at the very least half foreign. I honestly didn't flesh out his heritage in his backstory. But clearly his name is not Japanese. It's Latin. So yes at the very least he is of mixed blood, if not completely foreign.

godfang

with a name like that he can't possibly be japanese. A half at most. You climax when you reach max desire and gets another desire point, yes? (at this point it's 6 desire max)