Dresden Files system game

Started by HairyHeretic, April 13, 2010, 02:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeramiahh

Veils and illusions, like what Molly uses, would fit very well with a thief-type. Nothing like being able to go invisible, or nearly so, for someone trying to steal things.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Imogen

Your read my mind, Jeremiahh ;-) After a loooong character creation session with HH (thank you, Hairy!!!),  I think we cooked up a pretty awsome character :-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Schrödinger

Well at least post the concept and some Aspects, then, 'cause I'm still wracking my mind over appropriate Aspects  :-(

[li]
Schrödinger's O/O[/li]
[li]Plot ideas![/li][/list]

HairyHeretic

So hop over to the character thread and tell people about her :)

We still have to work on the aspects and shared history and stuffs.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Sessha

*rasies hand.* If there is still an onpening i would like to get in on this. I love the series and I have done some reading on the pdfs and a friend of mine in rl is considering running one based off the released pdfs. I already have a concept in mind for a character.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

MadPanda

can't think of a reason why not.  We're still in mid-stream on char-gen and city building.
any objections, H2?
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Sessha

Sweet thank you both. I will begin working on a character tomorrow as I have to finish work today. You have no idea how much this means to me. :)
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

HairyHeretic

Drop by the character creation thread and have a look at what people are working up at present.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Schrödinger

Fuck. Some real life issues have sprung up which has me forced to prioritize a few things online. I may have to pull out of this if need be  :-(

Will keep you updated.

[li]
Schrödinger's O/O[/li]

Lanzlo

Is there still room in this game, or have you filled up?

MadPanda

We might be able to wedge you in, amigo, but it's gettin' a bit tight around the edges.
And good to see you were able to get back in!   :-)

In Memory of Bishrook

Schrödinger

Quote from: Schrödinger on April 23, 2010, 09:23:04 AM
Fuck. Some real life issues have sprung up which has me forced to prioritize a few things online. I may have to pull out of this if need be  :-(

Will keep you updated.

Welp, it's official, college taking precedense over online stuffs. Keagan Krogh is out of the running, but I do hope the game will take off nicely with the rest of you.

Enjoy yourselves  :-)

[li]
Schrödinger's O/O[/li]

HairyHeretic

No reason you can't drop by if/when college lets you up for air :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

MadPanda

Well, nuts.
Good luck to you with coursework, Shrod, and hope to see you back soonish with sanity intact!

In Memory of Bishrook

Lanzlo

All right, then. I shall post my character on the appropriate forum, and work from there...

Wheresmycow

I'm approved and now eligible to participate!  Let me go through the threads and read-up while I proclaim my interest in participating if you still have slots open.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

ReijiTabibito

...seems like every time we lose one, another pops up in their place.

Which is a good thing, I suppose, seeing as how games die because of lack of interest.

Welcome aboard.  I'm Reiji, and it seems right now I'm the only one of the crew up, so...any questions you have, direct them to me.

Wheresmycow

I guess a quick summary of what's already been discussed would be all I really need.  I've got the pdf's, I'm in a SotC game and I've read all the books up to Turn Coat so I'm fairly grounded on when it comes to generalities.

That any handy info you might think I would need to know.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

ReijiTabibito

Okay. 

"Let me sum up..."

Right now, the characters we have are the following.

One Pure Mortal - a hit squad leader for the Venatori Umborum  (or as you'll hear me refer to them, the Machine Gun Masons)
One Champion of God - the new earthly leader of the Knights Templar, destroyed during the Crusades by Nicodemus & the Denarians.
One Emissary of Power - a son of the Egyptian god Set who gets a lot of crap because of his dad's reputation.
One Focused Pracitioner - a dancer who has Avatar-style Firebending powers.
Three Wizards - two Wardens, and one under the Doom of Damocles.
One Custom Template (approved by GM) - a Kitsune thief of arcane goodies.  (Or at least, that's what I've gathered.)

The refresh level is Chest Deep.  Starting points are 8, and 30 skills points.

Current setting for the game is post-Katrina NOLA, and we're trying to decide on possible plotlines and threats and important places within the city.

Wheresmycow

Thanks!  I'm going through the character generation thread right now and it's a little overwhelming to take in all at once.

Wow that is a lot of characters, me getting in would bump that up to 9.  Still, if there's room, I'll definitely take it.  Idea in my head so far is a Scion, half-human half-dragon.  I looked at Emissary of Power and wasn't interested in being someone's agent, more into being an unfortunate by-product.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

ReijiTabibito

A few character suggestions, if you're still debating. 

1 - While we have plenty of magic-users (Wizard/Sorcerer, and the both the Emissary of Power and the Focused Practitioner have Channeling), we are missing out on having Fae magic.  A Faerie Knight (of an as-of-yet unnamed Court) would be a way.

2 - If you don't want the Emissary of Power's Template, the other option for a Scion is the Changeling Template.  If you went with the Changeling-type option, here's what it would mean for you.  The more power you accumulate, the closer to your supernatural parent you would become.  So, basically, if you accumulated more power, you'd be more dragon-like.

Wheresmycow

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on May 01, 2010, 01:34:35 AM
A few character suggestions, if you're still debating. 

1 - While we have plenty of magic-users (Wizard/Sorcerer, and the both the Emissary of Power and the Focused Practitioner have Channeling), we are missing out on having Fae magic.  A Faerie Knight (of an as-of-yet unnamed Court) would be a way.

2 - If you don't want the Emissary of Power's Template, the other option for a Scion is the Changeling Template.  If you went with the Changeling-type option, here's what it would mean for you.  The more power you accumulate, the closer to your supernatural parent you would become.  So, basically, if you accumulated more power, you'd be more dragon-like.
I forgot about that bit.  That might be an issue that needs to be discussed with others.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

ReijiTabibito

Perhaps.  One thing that you could take that would help a draconic-appearing character would be Glamours.  One the other hand, you could go the Thomas route, and only have your draconic features manifest whenever you use your powers...

Wheresmycow

That's what I was thinking of, maybe taking the human guise stunt.  Or make him sort of like a were-creature in that he needs to shift into another form to get access to some dragon-y goodness.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs