Jedi Order Failure Game [System Prefered]

Started by RubySlippers, August 22, 2016, 08:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Everyone wants to play Jedi Knights or higher, but many fail the training process and get put on other duties or just fail and walk off. So why not a game set in the Pre-Prequal Era where you are cut from the Jedi Orders program to become Jedi Knights and Jedi Masters and either are doing something else in the orders other duties as lesser Jedi or just walk off and do something else as a small group of Lesser Jedi (hell four or five almost Jedi could go to the outer rim and be major players backed by their powers and lightsabers). How many Hutts would love such a team backing them up as enforcers or even take over a moon as the de facto leaders.

A system game with Jedi powers downplayed most would have something they likely are good at but just won't be quite good enough for advancement.

Captain Whitebread

I was part of a Padawan RP that fizzled when the GM disappeared off the site and hasn't been heard from since.  I was really enjoying my wannabe healer who didn't want to fight  I'd play him again in a heartbeat.  He wouldn't make the grade as a Jedi Knight because he lack proficiency in lightsaber.. He knows the basics and can parry and block but certainly doesn't have the aggressiveness to properly master the combat techniques.  He'd be a hard target for seduction to the Dark Side but he feels this SO deeply.....
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

TheLaughingOne

Id be interested, padawan who was just a little to aggressive and unwilling to let go of what could have if he wasnt a jedi. Seemed a good choice to start, but as training progressed just wasnt that strong with some of the forces powers, and coupled with the aggression, was going to be sent to the service corps (think failed jedi reserves. Kept track of by order as what little training they had could still make them dangerous and put out on support, helping minor planets with things and so forth..

Not wanting that he grabbed up what little he could, lightsaber, clothes, and some stashed credits, and took off..
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

RubySlippers

Well in the Canon all Jedi even one channeled to track other than advancing onto Knight and Master were able to use lightsabers and were Jedi but were usually sent to a vocation like medical, education or agricultural. I figure my character decided that sucked and frankly she was Jedi enough to make a living doing other things. Like a bounty hunter or bodyguard or maybe use the Jedi mind trick and other powers to advance herself away from the Republic. She wouldn't have much going for her just a few powers but ones she's working on.

TheLaughingOne

Hahah, i like it! Eitger through twist of fate got paired up with other failed jedi, or working for so.eone who "collects" them.
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!