Do any of you do podcasts? I would like some advice.

Started by Mymar, June 22, 2016, 10:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mymar

I've been considering doing my own podcast for some time, and I love research, I'm into the bizarre and unusual.  I have a wide range of interests, and I don't feel like I'd be able to stick to one theme too long before I jumped to something else, I also don't want to do something you could just find on Wikipedia or Facebook. (IE something that I could just google). I've started things like blogs in the past, but it felt like something anyone could do. Any ideas?

raindogs1988

Never done a podcast per se, but as far as what you're looking for try doing some spooky stories and myths from across the world. I'm Hungarian and I've been reading up on Hungarian folk legends and if you haven't read anything about the szepassony (or Fair Lady), you're in for a really messed up read. Try doing that - just dive into your own family's cultures and see what sort of crazy stories come up.

Mathim

Lots of really esoteric movies don't seem to find their way onto wikipedia or even IMDB sometimes. Maybe do something revolving around those?
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Mymar

Quote from: raindogs1988 on June 26, 2016, 05:56:13 PM
Never done a podcast per se, but as far as what you're looking for try doing some spooky stories and myths from across the world. I'm Hungarian and I've been reading up on Hungarian folk legends and if you haven't read anything about the szepassony (or Fair Lady), you're in for a really messed up read. Try doing that - just dive into your own family's cultures and see what sort of crazy stories come up.

I love creepy or weird stories, maybe it'll be a mix of legends and true stories and legends.  I've heard radio programs and podcasts that do that. I don't necessarily have to believe something in order to talk about it or find it fascinating.