Seeking fans of Cthulhu! Seeking fans of Sci-Fi! Seeking fans of-what, wait?!

Started by ReijiTabibito, April 14, 2011, 08:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on May 13, 2011, 03:24:19 PM
Actually, except for a couple of lines about supernatural abilities he has in the Ancient Enemies book...it sounds like the Director is just a regular human.

Till he 'wished him into the cornfield' on one of his powerful NON-human lackeys. One moment the guy was there..the next he .. wasn't ANYWHERE.

He popped him like a soap bubble.  <poip!>

SomeGuy

Here's what I currently have, he's admittedly not much of a people person.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Jack
Race: Human
Allegiance: The Eldritch Society
Profession: Tager (Vampire)

Virtue: Courageous
Flaw: Greedy

--Attributes--
Agility   : 7  (10)
Intellect : 4
Perception: 6  (9)
Presence  : 6
Strength  : 7  (9)
Tenacity  : 10 (13)

-Feats-
Agility   : 3/5
Intellect : 2
Perception: 3/4
Presence  : 3
Strength  : 3/4
Tenacity  : 5/6

--Skills-- 22 Base + 12 from Cheats, 34/34
-Free-
Language       4 (English)
Literacy       2
Regional Knowledge 2

-General-
Athletics       3 : Focused- Flight
Computer      1
Demolitions      3
Intimidate       3 : Focused- Torture
Medicine           1
Observation      3
Occult             1
Pilot                   1
Stealth         3
Survival         3

-Combat Skills-
Dodge         3
Fighting        3
Marksman       3

--Qualities--
-Assets-
Alluring (1) Otherworldly Air
Internal Clock (1)
Internal Compass (1)
Fast (2)
Tager (4)
Tager: Exceptional (2)
Tager: Variant (1)

-Drawbacks-
Code (1) I will always avenge a personal insult, a friend of a friend is my friend and the enemy of my friend is my foe
Duty (3)
Fanatical (2)
Exagerated Symbiont (2)

--Secondary Attributes--
Actions: 1, or 3 Shifted
Movement: 15 MPH (37/9 ypt)
Orgone: 12 (Can't use any)
Reflex: 6
Vitality: 13

Drama Points: 10

Insanity: 1

--Gear--
CS-44 "Enforcer"
And Vampire
Vampire
Type: Aerial Heavy Combat Tager
Somewhere overhead, you hear it. Something pounds at the air. A hideous black thing slides across the stars. Giant membranous wings carry it through the air, beating like those of some mythical fiend. There’s something about it that lets you know it’s only toying with you… The Vampire is in many ways the aerial counterpart to the Nightmare. Like its land-bound brethren, it stands more than a head taller than most other Tagers and is likewise more frightening. It also regenerates at an absurd rate, healing from death’s door to your doorstep in only a few minutes. And just plain overall, its physical gifts are better than most other Tagers. But unlike the Nightmare, massive bat-like wings sprout from the Vampire’s back. Nearly thirty feet from tip to tip, these wings are capable of carrying it high through the sky. They are death from above.

Everything about a Vampire screams pain. Its Exsanguinating Touch literally causes blood to boil, bursting out of the body of its victim.
Those who have been tortured by Vampires typically bear terrible scarring from ruined capillaries and veins rupturing through their skin. The size of pencils but twice as thick, the stingers they fire are covered in inch-long barbs. But their most cruel and terrorizing weapon is the Bloodbath. Dropped from the air, the Bloodbath is a mystical energy bomb that causes internal hemorrhaging to those caught within its blast. Victims cough and vomit blood, while it streams from every orifice or bodily seam – eyes, ears, nose, genitals, anus, and even fingernails. It is a terrible sight to behold.

The Vampire is a sadistic and deadly symbiont. Those who are bound with one develop a need to inflict pain and an unholy thirst for blood combined with the patience of a predator and an arrogance borne of birds of prey.

Size: Medium (8 to 9 ft. tall)
Attribute Modifications:
Agility +1/+4
Perception +1/+4
Strength +1/+3
Tenacity +1/+4
Weapons:
Exsanguinating Touch (+2) – The Vampire’s touch causes blood to boil.
These mystical energies also cause decay (and therefore damage) in inanimate
objects.
Barbs – Range 25/50/150, Damage +3, Shots 1, Infinite Rounds
Limit Weapon:
Bloodbath (+6) – This cancerous crimson force bomb is dropped from the
air. It bursts where it lands, throwing needle-like shards twenty feet in
all directions. Living things caught within internally hemorrhage – they
bleed from their noses, eyes, and ears and cough up blood. In addition
to the damage, anything still alive suffers double the normal Test Penalties
from their wounds for the turn they are hit and the next. This attack
does not damage non-living things, but it does bypass non-mystical armor
(including powered armor or mecha) and does Hybrid Damage to
living things (including Outsiders and other Tagers). This uses all Actions
and can be the Tager’s only Action that turn.
Armor: 3/3
Regeneration: 1/3
Fear Factor: 16
Senses: Broadband Audio, Nightvision, Scan, Thermal
Movement & Speed: Climbing (Double), Flight (Double), Jumping (Double), Land (Normal)
Been a while since I did much with Cthulhutech, so might have some stuff wrong.

Fluffy stuff
Some say Jack displays a worrying level of influence from his symbiont, the Vampire. While Tagers as highly respected, many symbiont types lead to unsavory behavior, but Vampires above any other symbiont have disturbing tendencies of ever growing sadism and Jack is even more influenced by his bond then others... a somewhat problematic situation given that as a Tager he is a holy warrior, and is supposed to be a savior.

Jack spends as much time as possible shifted, and greatly enjoys the ability to fly. When not shifted though he appears as a young man with an athletic build and shoulder length blond hair and green eyes. He dresses for comfort, with only minor thought given to appearance.

Callie Del Noire

Tagers seem a bit.. nutso.. but who am I going to throw rocks? I'm a psychic. I know I'll be nuts sooner or later. :D

SomeGuy

Well, it is bonding with a transdimensional horror then having it leech off your soul, more or less.

Of course, there are still things human sized that it'd be suicidal to fight. Desolate Ones are terrifying.

Callie Del Noire

True..and Para-psychics are scary at higher levels. I mean.. pyrokinetics are really really nasty at the expert level. :D

SomeGuy

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on May 17, 2011, 01:32:49 PM
True..and Para-psychics are scary at higher levels. I mean.. pyrokinetics are really really nasty at the expert level. :D

The metamorphosis of Vampires actually specifically mentions under the "defeat six aerial foes of greater or equal power" that para-psychics qualify based on on their level. That's generally the nicest part of metamorphosis, not the easiest, but the nicest.

Metamorphosis isn't really a nice process for anyone though. While some Tagers might make you a different person instead of a worse person (none of them make you a better person) the metamorphosis is nasty for everyone, except Mirage and Whisper.

Vampires get murder/torture, Widows get terrifying people/murder/liquifying and eating the insides of people, Echos get murder/eating people, Infernos get murder/setting someone on fire and watching them burn to death, Shadow get murdering witness who would otherwise be innocent, Revenants gets assassination, Nightmares get murder/forcing people to fail fear tests, and Phantoms get murder.

Callie Del Noire

Callie Del Noire

Would me bowing out make it easier to set up a more 'tager-centric' game?

ReijiTabibito

Actually, no.  We're going to have non-Tager characters as it is.  I'm just trying to get everything finalized and set up for the first 'episode,' and the fact that the school year just ended, and that I'm doing this for an IRL campaign also doesn't help.  I'll try and have everything ready by the end of the week, I swear.  And get up a character thread and OOC thread before then.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Callie Del Noire

Wintercat

Its taken a while, and I've gotten pretty involved in other things since the time I created the character for this. I think I might bow out on this since it looks like its not going to happen, but who knows I might be wrong. Anyhow, I apologise but I feel if I keep checking on this thread and seeing no real life, I'm just driving myself down to depressed state over not getting a chance to test out the cool system afterall.

Anyhow, my apologies for all the other players too.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

ReijiTabibito

I'm almost there!  I promise!  With the day off I have on Monday, I'll be ready to run on Tuesday, I swear.

Seaweed

So, wtf is this RP about?

You write nothing about the plot. Nothing about the setting. There is no excerpt of any kind of the story.

You just ask who's interested. I'm interested in the merging of ideas. But on the first page you tell us nothing.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Seaweed on June 05, 2011, 01:03:08 AM
So, wtf is this RP about?

You write nothing about the plot. Nothing about the setting. There is no excerpt of any kind of the story.

You just ask who's interested. I'm interested in the merging of ideas. But on the first page you tell us nothing.

CthulhuTech is an actual RPG.. google it. :D

Seaweed

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 05, 2011, 01:06:48 AM
CthulhuTech is an actual RPG.. google it. :D

What of your story?

Your RP?

I understand its an actual RPG.

But is yours an original or is it simply a copy of another RP?

And if that was the case, why wasn't the link on the first page?

SomeGuy

He's building the game around the characters in the standard setting of Cthulhutech.

Seaweed

Quote from: SomeGuy on June 05, 2011, 01:22:15 AM
He's building the game around the characters in the standard setting of Cthulhutech.

Mkay.

Understood now.

ReijiTabibito

Altair1983

ReijiTabibito

Altair1983

ReijiTabibito

All of them?  Which ones?  We're playing an Eldritch Society game, so if you want full flavor, you'll need the Core, Vade Mecum, Unveiled Threats, and Ancient Enemies.

Altair1983

I was not aware of Veiled Threats and Ancient Enemies ill track them down next. I have  Core and Vade Mecum: the
CthulhuTech Companion.

ReijiTabibito

Okay, well, you've got those two...we're doing an Eldritch campaign.  Do you have an idea for your character?