The Team (Super, NC-Exotic)

Started by ivygrowth, May 21, 2012, 11:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivygrowth

I am curious if there would be any interest in a system-less, though moderated by myself instead of being completely free-form, game focused on an all female team of super-humans.  I am leaning towards something of an over-the-top atmosphere at times, and more of a horror atmosphere at other times, largely dependent upon the villain being faced.  It would be played in episodes, each one focused on a single encounter with a villain. 

I would be looking for (original) flawed characters with both strengths and weaknesses. 

My goal is to focus on the story and action, though it would certainly have adult scenes, and any player would have to be comfortable with NC-Exotic content.  Though I would try to respect limits posted for a specific player's character. 

If you are interested, please post a character name and short (couple sentences) concept.  If we get enough players (5+ I am thinking) I will post a full character sheet and we can get going.

Comments?  Questions?  Thoughts?

AndyZ

Interested, though not sure what I'd make yet.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Teo Torriatte

You have my interest.

EDIT: oops, I didn't read the whole post, evidently.

My initial idea for a character would be a mute mutant named Psiren, her main ability is a powerful sonic blast that comes out whenever she tries to talk. She has also has a minor telepathic ability, enough to communicate although it is much easier to do so with people she feels closer to. She sees her birth mutation as both a blessing and a curse... it gives her a sense of power and importance but since it has also taken away the possibility for conventional communication, she doesn't always feel so blessed.

Laughing Hyena

Not interested since I don't play females but I still support superhero games here. ^_^

AndyZ

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on May 22, 2012, 04:09:51 AM
Not interested since I don't play females but I still support superhero games here. ^_^

Now, I'm not the GM for this, so I can only offer suggestions, but would a robot or other asexual being be a good compromise for this?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Neysha

I want to express my interest in this RP as well as a possible heroine.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

eavatar

I am interested in this rp and I don't have any issue about play a female

Arioch

Interested. I had an idea for a female character that has super-human strength and is semi-nigh-invulnerable, but, she needs to constantly eat in order to maintain her strength, else she becomes weak and can even lose consciousness. She also begins to overheat when she uses her strength abilities requiring her to find ways to cool off or suffer from heat exhaustion.

Muse

I'm also interested. 

I wonder who I'd play?  *ponders* 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Lycan Queen

I'm interested, just haven't come up with a strong character concept. Do we have any villainesses yet?

ivygrowth

Quote from: AndyZ on May 22, 2012, 04:48:47 AM
Now, I'm not the GM for this, so I can only offer suggestions, but would a robot or other asexual being be a good compromise for this?

I am only interested in females for the main team.  I suppose I could accept maybe one gender-neutral side kick or assistant, but they wouldn't be on par with the main team. 

Quote from: Lycan Queen on May 22, 2012, 02:03:21 PM
I'm interested, just haven't come up with a strong character concept. Do we have any villainesses yet?

I suppose I could accept a Villainess (and maybe a male Villain or two) if that is what people wanted to play.  However, they would need to understand that they would eventually lose.  You might escape, might have temporary victories, but your character won't be a main focus of the story (and probably wouldn't always be active). 

In a conflict between a Villain(ess) and a Heroine, the results would have to be decided by the players in advance, or would have to be left open so I could post the results. 

I like the characters posted so far.  They are just the sorts I was hoping to get. :-)

I am thinking, for a setting, that all the characters are either untrained, or newly imbued with super-human powers.  They would grow and learn together as they ally to defeat some dark threat. 

If characters were normal humans, they were imbued with powers when they picked up (or otherwise touched) a small chunk of crystal that promptly disintegrated in their hands.

All characters would be residents of (or visiting) Dream Lake at the start of the game.

A couple quick notes on the setting.  I have more, but am still trying to organize it into a semi-readable form.

THE WORLD
Although it is believed that there have been super-humans throughout history, it is only in the last century that they have begun to appear in a verifiable way.  This century, one of upheaval and change, has seen the population of super-humans rise from a paltry few to into the millions.

THE SETTING
The setting is a (fictional) resort city in eastern Washington State.  Known as Dream Lake, it has a permanent population of roughly 150,000, and a transient population (tourists, summer vacationers, etc) usually between 25,000 and 50,000.  In the summer is it popular because of the large lake it sits on the edge of, complete with pleasant beaches and secluded bays, while in the winter it is popular due to a large ski resort on a nearby mountain. 

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Alias: [/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Super Power #1:[/b]
[b]Super Power #2:[/b]
[b]Weakness:[/b]
[b]Player Ons:[/b]
[b]Player Offs:[/b]
[b]Player Limits:[/b]

A super power shouldn't be too powerful or all-encompassing, and I would prefer they have some sort of limitation or weakness. 

Thoughts?  Comments?

AndyZ

Quote from: lunawuff on May 22, 2012, 02:28:04 AM
You have my interest.

EDIT: oops, I didn't read the whole post, evidently.

My initial idea for a character would be a mute mutant named Psiren, her main ability is a powerful sonic blast that comes out whenever she tries to talk. She has also has a minor telepathic ability, enough to communicate although it is much easier to do so with people she feels closer to. She sees her birth mutation as both a blessing and a curse... it gives her a sense of power and importance but since it has also taken away the possibility for conventional communication, she doesn't always feel so blessed.

Do you want to be the only one with telepathy?  I have a few ideas I'm playing with, and X-men has shown how awesomely synergistic a telepathic connection can be.  However, not only do I not want to steal your thunder, but if that's what you're basically planning anyway, there's no reason for me to do it.

Neysha

Millions of super humans sounds like a lot. Kinda excessive if we are to be considered super ourselves. IMHO.
My Request Thread
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Teo Torriatte

Quote from: AndyZ on May 23, 2012, 04:19:16 AM
Do you want to be the only one with telepathy?  I have a few ideas I'm playing with, and X-men has shown how awesomely synergistic a telepathic connection can be.  However, not only do I not want to steal your thunder, but if that's what you're basically planning anyway, there's no reason for me to do it.

I don't mind you making your character a telepath. Its just Psiren's minor ability... she is based on a character I have tried to play a few times in the past, and I wanted to make her mute because it would be interesting to roleplay, then in a later iteration I gave her limited telepathy so she could communicate with at least some people. In one story, she could only use her telepathy with other mutants, so it was still a handicap in the day to day
"normal" world.

Basically thats the long way to say go ahead, I have no problem with it.  :-)

TheLegionary

Teo Torriatte

Here is my bio- let me know if I need to add, change or elaborate on anything. Oh, and I do agree that maybe super powers should be a little more exclusive than millions of people. But ultimately thats up to you.  :-)

Name: Sarah Kensington
Alias: Psiren

Appearance: She is 5'6", with a slender build and smallish breasts. Pale skin, long black hair.

Personality: When she isn't fighting crime, Sarah can usually be found with her nose in a book. She is somewhat less that personable, thanks in part to her handicap. But some of her friends have rightly accused her of just using that as an excuse not to go out and meet people.

History: She was a loner in high school, earned her two year degree in college. But as being Psiren has taken up more and more of her time, she hasn't gone back to school to complete her education.

Super Power #1: Her primary power is a sonic blast which comes out of her mouth whenever she tries to speak. By itself, it comes out in a fairly wide cone, with variable effects. A "whisper" is still enough to stun people and give them headaches but not do any physical damage. A "shout" can be powerful enough to injure organic matter and shatter inorganic matter.

Super Power #2: Her secondary power is a low level talent with psionics. She can use telekinesis to alter the shape of her sonic blast, and she has a minor talent with telepathy that she can use to project her thoughts, but only to other metahumans and only within speaking distance.

Weakness: The mutation which gives Sarah her sonic blast has also left her effectively mute. Her only method even close to verbal communication is telepathy, which as stated above she can only send her thoughts to other metahumans. For "normals", she is left with sign language and other more mundane methods of non verbal communication.

Ons: FF/FM, Pregnancy, Aliens, Animals, Vaginal, Anal, Oral, Submission, Non-con, probably anything else not listed below that I'm just not thinking of atm
Offs: Domination(except with the right partner), Excessive blood, Gore, Vore
Limits: Scat, Pee

Arioch

Here is my idea.

Name: Brenda Jacobs
Alias: Ms. Olympia
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Personality:
History:  Brenda was an aspiring fitness competitor when her boyfriend suggested she try something to get an edge on the competition. She had been struggling, only making it into the top 10 of her competitions and wanted to improve things. Thinking that only a small cycle of steroids could help her, she agreed to her boyfriends suggestion and took an injection. That same day she was running on the beach and when she noticed some green crystal that looked like it had washed up. Thinking it would look great as a piece of jewelry she stopped, reached down and tried to pick it up. Time went a little dark at that point and she woke up lying on the beach, the crystal no where in sight.  It was later that day that she started to notice that things were a bit different.
Super Power #1: Super Strength So far, she hasn't found the limit to her strength.
Super Power #2: Semi-nigh-invulnerable Can take a lot of damage without feeling too much of the affects. A punch doesn't affect her while getting hit by a car would only bruise her, but it heals within minutes.
Weakness: Advanced Metabolism Must eat as much as possible. If not, she begins to weaken, first becoming like a normal human in strength and then just passing out.
Higher Body Temperature She now has a higher body temp, but exertion can cause it to go higher. This will start to affect her as if she has a fever and then as if she is suffering from heat exhaustion. It will cause her to pass out until her body temp cools down enough.

Player Ons: Teasing, coercion, group action, voyeurism, exhibitionism.
Player Offs: Mutilation, Mind Control, Bodily Waste
Player Limits: Ask if it seems out of bounds.

AndyZ

Still working on the full sheet, but I was thinking basically telepathy and telekinesis.  The catch is that her telekinesis depends heavily upon her emotional state: while calm and serene, she has a lot of finesse and control, but not as much brute force, but when enraged or distraught, her sheer force is amplified but she has no fine control.  Basically, in World of Darkness terms, a contrast of Strength and Dexterity.

The telepathy will start out as just surface thoughts with stray emotional clingers, enabling her to work as a sort of radio for the group, where everyone can hear thoughts that are sent out over it.

It'll start out weaker but I can see a lot of ways that this will build up over time.

Teo Torriatte

I edited Psiren's secondary psionics to limit them a bit more, since we will have another character with psionics as her primary ability. And don't worry, she still has everything I initially wanted them for, I just toned it down a bit after thinking about it for awhile.  :D

AndyZ

Quote from: lunawuff on May 23, 2012, 11:22:11 AM
I edited Psiren's secondary psionics to limit them a bit more, since we will have another character with psionics as her primary ability. And don't worry, she still has everything I initially wanted them for, I just toned it down a bit after thinking about it for awhile.  :D

I had the feeling that you were going for the telepathy being more a last-ditch method of communication instead of completely making up for her inability to properly use her voice.  I'm glad to see it confirmed ^_^

For the record, I don't mind more than one psionic char at all, and I'm glad you don't either.

Vaulera

Name: Sonja Dravel
Alias: Whisper
Appearance: http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=828170
Personality: Sonja is a rather volatile and vane individual, having a tremendous amount of pride and often times arrogance, her own uniqueness and beauty giving her an incredibly high opinion of herself and completely destroying her sense of modesty, but she is not without her good sides, Sonja is much softer once past her pride, a likable individual.
History: Sonja was born into an extremely wealthy family as a prized daughter, pampered but also educated in the ways of proper etiquette and form. Sonja hated the boring lessons and constant politeness, but she suffered through it because her parents encouraged her dance and gymnastic careers, something at which she was incredibly adept, always vaulting higher, never missing a hand spring or messing a landing. In dance she was more graceful than any of her peers, who were incredibly competent by anyone's standards, she was fluid and flexible, able to shift from pose to pose and step to step with ease. But as she aged, she liked mischief more and more, finding it easy to sneak up on her friends, or escape her manor room. In her later stages of life, Sonja realized that this was because she made no noise at all, was more agile, flexible and could jump higher than an Olympian. Stories of superheroes had always fascinated her. Sonja went on a vacation to Dream lake, a perfect place to spend some time alone with her thoughts.
Super Power #1: Absolute Silence: Sonja can make herself generate absolutely no noise, perfect for sneaking about places without drawing suspicion.
Super Power #2: Superhuman Agility: Sonja is extremely fast, flexible and can jump to great heights, combined with her silence, making her Ideal for infiltration.
Weakness: Sonja is very adept at dodging and moving, but when it comes down to muscle on muscle, she is still very small, standing at 5,3 and only weighing in at 115 pounds. Her small frame and wiry muscles just aren't suited to struggling against another.

ivygrowth

I may have gotten my math wrong on the 'millions', either way, it is mostly fluff to indicate that super-humans are common enough to be well known (and a problem), but still outnumbered by a massive number. 

A couple of villains are fine, as long as you note my previous post about them.

lunawuff, Arioch, Vaulera, your characters look good. :-)

The concept is fine AndyZ

I forgot something at the end of the character sheet, specifically:

[b]Player Ons:[/b]
[b]Player Offs:[/b]
[b]Player Limits:[/b]

The initial episode or two will likely be focused on Dream Lake, and bringing the team together.  After that the focus will probably shift to a grander scope as a small city might be fairly limited.

Neysha

Oh sweet. Bios are being posted. I'll be sure to do a character writeup as soon as I get the time. :)
My Request Thread

AndyZ

Name: Valerie Kyleson
Alias: Valkyrie
Appearance: Her superheroine costume is a black catsuit with a white cape split down the middle.  When showing off, she uses her ability to make the cape flutter like a pair of wings, although the wind does so for her often enough.  She's probably going to have to retailor it so that she can wear it under her normal clothes, but as of the start of the game, she'll have to get to her car in order to retrieve the costume.

Personality: Although mostly happy-go-lucky and kind, she does have a temper.
History: The only child of two lawyers, Valerie has spent most of her life content and wanting for little, although she always had the feeling that something was different about her.  For example, she could just recognize things about people without understanding why, possessed a knack for sports and seemed able to convince people of things. 

Such minor tricks never seemed much more than luck or talent until that fateful day in college, when she was attacked by a mugger while coming back from a party and fairly buzzed.  The sudden rage she felt as he ran off with her purse was overwhelming, and seemed to go from the metaphorical eye daggers of hatred which everyone feels from time to time, exploding into a sharp burst of pure force which splattered his skull against the brick wall.

She ran, barely able to snatch up her blood-spattered purse, and the awe of the revelation of her abilities mixed with the fear and horror of what she had done.  Meditating on her actions, she came to the conclusion that she could have handled things better but wasn't truly at fault.  It would be better for her to use her new powers to fight crime instead of to be too scared of hurting people, although she knew she would have to be careful.

Super Power #1: Telepathy.  She can send and receive conscious thoughts, echoing them like a signal booster so that a team can communicate with each other and she doesn't have to pass along thoughts.  (In game terms, once someone sends something to her, unless they specifically say that they only want her to hear, it'll be communicated to everyone to whom she's linked.)

A secondary use of this power, though not one to which she's conscious, is a subliminal effect to keep most people from recognizing her unusual nature or realizing that Valerie Kyleson is Valkyrie.  (Basically how people never see Clark Kent with his glasses knocked off and instantly think Superman, except that her power accounts for it.)

Super Power #2: Telekinesis.  She's starting to figure out how to control herself in order to fly, but it takes effort and so far she's not able to do anything else with telekinesis while levitating.  At the start of the game, she hasn't yet figured out too many unconventional applications of this power, although I expect her to come up with things like barriers (holding the air in place to block attacks) and so on as time goes on.

Weakness:  Emotional overdrive.  When she loses her cool, she also loses her fine motor control over her telekinesis, instead amplifying her raw power.  She stops trying to merely lift someone off the ground in order to halt their escape and instead uses buffering force to slam them against the wall.

Player Ons: F/F, nurses, bunnygirls, sybians, I enjoy playing futa but I don't expect that to come up here
Player Offs: Mutilation, Lobotomization, Bodily Waste, Soul Stealing
Player Limits: Not really sure on the difference between Offs and Limits.  Here's my O/O thread.  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=102977.0

Ghostraven

Are you still looking for other team members?

I have an idea for a character but I wanted to ask first.

TTYL

Ghostraven