Impostor/Conman Meets Target's Niece

Started by RedRose, September 12, 2017, 02:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRose

Impostor or Conman / Target's Niece or Ward (historical, sci-fi, low fantasy, or modern)

Themes*: Adultery. Age Difference. Betrayal of loved ones. Betrayal of one's values. Blackmail? Corruption.          Crime. Gold Digger. Forbidden Relationship. Manipulation. Moral issues. Noir-ish. Revenge. Seduction.

He may be a poor boy who made his way up ruthlessly, or a broke aristocrat who thinks he deserves only the best. Everyone can guess he's in it for the money, except his slightly older and widowed target. Maybe they know each other from childhood, in some way, and she was always into him. In any case she happens to have a young ward or orphaned niece, late teens, that she took in... The niece hates the guy at first, seeing him for what he is, a liar, a crook, a womanizer. With time she comes to tolerate her new "uncle". Too young and careless to really be a father figure, very handsome, he still is the closest thing she has to that, and seduction comes easy to him... who finds himself attracted to the forbidden fruit and the adrenaline rush. Can he convince the girl she wants him bad enough to betray her aunt? Can he convince himself he's only doing it for fun? Can he keep the aunt in the dark about his indiscretions and make sure the girl doesn't inherit anything of importance?

MC would also have her own reasons, from forcing her aunt to realize what scum YC is, to getting her money back and revenge for being written off the will, should she discover that. It won't be easy to admit simply being attracted to someone like him, when she could hope for a good match as long as she is untainted - or people think her so.

Maybe aunty is a widow, and they're visiting Uncle's grave?

Setting could be the Great Depression, post WWII France, or modern in any posh and old school neighbourhood or estate. In fact I'm thinking it could also work in sci fi or low fantasy, in a decadent minor House (a la Petyr/Lysa/Sansa from Game of Thrones)

This is obviously a darker plot, a twisted romance of sorts, full of mind games, physical, moral and financial betrayal. It will be much more interesting if both actions and emotions/thoughts are developed. There will definitely be smut, but it will come (no pun intended?) with build up, hesitations and consequences. I want this RP to have some class, and fit the setting. We're sharing aunty (mmm) and I don't think we need much smut between her and the cad, if at all.
NO to the usual kik, one liners and all.

YES to reading my O/O in my sig, at the very least 1 post a week, and OOC plotting.

oh noes

*The Themes above are by no means the only themes in the RP. They are only there to help you decide if you are interested. If you like them, check the thread and my O/O :) If you can't stand the themes, skip ;)

Pics for illustration only unless you want to use them
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]