New bbcode tags

Started by Vekseid, May 31, 2011, 03:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marguerite

Quote from: Oreo on May 31, 2011, 07:30:49 AM
It is rather funny since it sounds like the entire thread is talking about [you].

You are correct Eden, it would work great for ad PMs

-Chuckles-

True though I love the new BBC code tags.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Cecilia

Quote from: Eden on May 31, 2011, 07:24:20 AM
[you] is so creepy...(and confusing my grammar)

[you] is more than confused at this point. 

*Raises eyebrow ant Veks*

Blitzy

Ohmygod.

This is effing creepy. Seriously.
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

Kye

Blitzy

Now I know to see how many times my name is used in PMs to judge if it's just a mass spam or not.

Creepy, Veks. Srsly.

Remiel

Why are you all talking about me?  :'(

The clearleft and clearright ones are going to be fun to play around with.

Caeli

Quote from: Remiel on May 31, 2011, 04:11:57 PM
Why are you all talking about me?  :'(

The clearleft and clearright ones are going to be fun to play around with.

+1 to both statements. ;D Once finals are over, I plan on spending lots of time figuring out how to break them. Or use them with tables and post layouts. ;D
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Lord Drake

+1 to the creep factor

I like the clearleft/right though.
Hey.. where did you put that Drake?
I've taken the Oath of The Drake for Group RPs!
“Never waste your time trying to explain who you are
to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.”
— Dream Hampton

Oniya

Quote from: Lord Drake on May 31, 2011, 04:17:08 PM
+1 to the creep factor

I like the clearleft/right though.

Hey, aren't we supposed to report creepy behavior?  (I kid!)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Vekseid

This is highlighted text. You use it with the highlight tag.

It works like the color tag, except there is a default highlight color.

As with color, you aren't limited to the colors in the dropdown.

[highlight]This is highlighted text. You use it with the highlight tag.[/highlight]

[highlight=pink]It works like the color tag, except there is a default highlight color.[/highlight]

[highlight=#669]As with color, you aren't limited to the colors in the dropdown.[/highlight]

HockeyGod

Quote from: Vekseid on May 31, 2011, 02:00:44 PM
Oreo proposed mentor PM templates. I didn't think of that, but it is one place where it's actually useful >_>

Hmmm...great idea. I'm wondering if the code could be changed so that it uses the name of the person that started the thread. For example, if I use this in questions in the intro board, it's going to put whoever is reading in the name code. However, if it pulls the name of the person that created the thread, it will always have the applicant's name.

Blitzy

The problem I see, with doing it as a sort of code so you can cut/paste questions/etc into the intro thread is... Aren't we going to lose a little of what makes E so special? Like, if it's just a copy/paste type constant for the intro threads, how is it getting personal attention? I know that a lot of the questions are copy/pasted already but I love that it's kinda got to be done in a bit more of a personal way, by having to type the new members name into the thread, and focusing on that.

Vekseid

I'd have to pull the name from the database, which I'm kindof loathe to put more pressure on, anyway.

Transgirlenstein

I was so confused why it kept saying my name that Ket had to explain it to me.....
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

HockeyGod

Quote from: Blitzy on May 31, 2011, 06:22:33 PM
The problem I see, with doing it as a sort of code so you can cut/paste questions/etc into the intro thread is... Aren't we going to lose a little of what makes E so special? Like, if it's just a copy/paste type constant for the intro threads, how is it getting personal attention? I know that a lot of the questions are copy/pasted already but I love that it's kinda got to be done in a bit more of a personal way, by having to type the new members name into the thread, and focusing on that.

Totally true and you're right. However, I would like to say that when you welcome nearly everyone that applies, the margin of error in messing up names greatly increases. You're also right that it's all copy/pasta anyway. Many people have a list of questions they use. I just use the one - and have several follow-ups in my back pocket. My customization comes from not asking the question, but rather responding to how they answered the question.

Quote from: Vekseid on May 31, 2011, 06:31:15 PM
I'd have to pull the name from the database, which I'm kindof loathe to put more pressure on, anyway.

Well, maybe in the future.

Blitzy

Oh I know the errors happen, but that's what makes it more human instead of robotic and automatic (at least to me). It means that, even if the rest of the message is copy/pasted, the opening usually isn't. Mistakes and all. :P

Beguile's Mistress

The problem with using it in the Introduction threads is that anyone who comes in to read the thread is going to be greeted and their name will show up in the questions.  This is going to be confusing for applicants who are answering questions as applicant ABC and will see their name in other applicant's threads for greetings and questions.

Not a good idea I think.

Oreo told me that it also seems that The Doormat is experiencing some confusion, too.  I think we should avoid using it there, also.

Star Safyre

It's perfect for PMs, though!
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

Silverfyre

[you] often browses E naked. 

Oniya

[you] arrived in this thread before morning caffeine.   :P
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Blitzy

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on May 31, 2011, 08:55:33 PM
The problem with using it in the Introduction threads is that anyone who comes in to read the thread is going to be greeted and their name will show up in the questions.  This is going to be confusing for applicants who are answering questions as applicant ABC will see their name in other applicant's threads for greetings and questions.

Not a good idea I think.

Didn't even think of that, Beguile's... Good point!

HockeyGod

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on May 31, 2011, 08:55:33 PM
The problem with using it in the Introduction threads is that anyone who comes in to read the thread is going to be greeted and their name will show up in the questions.  This is going to be confusing for applicants who are answering questions as applicant ABC will see their name in other applicant's threads for greetings and questions.

Not a good idea I think.

Yes, hence my request of using the name of the person that started the thread.

Not a big issue, but if the purpose was to make things easier...that would make things easier.

Oreo

Some of the places it might work well would be as a greeting in your personal RPs Wanted, Stories, Art page, O/Os, or bulk holiday PMs.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Star Safyre

It could make one's A/A's a bit more personal as well!

Edit: For example, "I know I owe a lot of people posts, but I really need to tag the one I have with [you] first.  You should really check out the story I have with [you].  It's really hot!"
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Silverfyre on May 31, 2011, 09:14:17 PM
[you] often browses E naked.

I have read Kafka, even read [you] and I've done so with my clothes on.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"