High School All Over Again

Started by studpuppy22, April 28, 2013, 05:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougss

Corey laughed uproariously.

"Oh, Lisa, you're fine. It's all good! So, Magic is a game that, at its core, is resource management, and using your available resources to the best of your ability to best your opponent. There are 5 main types of resource, called Mana, divided by color. White, Black, Blue, Red, Green. You can combine colors to make a deck that suits your play style, as each color is about certain things. You can only lay 1 mana per turn. Every creature or spell has a mana cost. You "tap" the mana to use it, so you can't just lay down anything you have enough mana for, you have ot budget it. Mana replenishes each turn. I hope that helps."

Divine Brutality

Lisa looked at Corey desperately trying to make sense of his words.

" I think I understand. Doesn't sound too complicated." she smiled reassuringly at Corey and continued watching them play. Her mind was wondering elsewhere though. What are we gonna do Friday, she wondered. Why won't he tell me? I hate surprises..

Lisa's tummy growls and startles her.
" I would leave my lunch at home." She rolls her eyes. Oh well.

TickleTongue

Steve a senior at the Florida school walked by the table, seeing Corey playing the game turned to Lisa asking "Aren't you my sister, Andrea's friend?"

Under construction

O/o
Thank you:) Peace out!
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=175092.0

Divine Brutality

Lisa looked up at Steve and studied him for a moment.

"I believe so." She wondered what is was Steve wanted.

She looked over at Corey giving him a confused look.

dougss

Corey gave Steve a glance
"Oh. Hi Steve. How are you?"

Corey unconsciously inched Lisa towards him. He liked Steve well enough, he just never had a beautiful woman this close to him before, and he didn't want anyone to steal her away before he had a chance to woo her with his plans on Friday. And he had thoughts of Serena, a girl who pined for him. Serena was not someone Corey wanted to associate with. She wasn't funny, she always one-upped people's stories, and she felt that because she had good looks Corey should be flattered she liked him. No, Corey was flattered Lisa liked him, because Lisa wasn't a total jerk about her looks.

Divine Brutality

Lisa smiled up at Steve, "I actually think she's in my English class this year."

She interlaced her fingers with Corey's and turned away from Steve. "Nice talking to you." she said, hoping he'd take a hint and leave. Andrea was a girl on the cheer team who didn't like Lisa very much. Probably because she wanted Cheer Captain. Too bad.

dougss

Corey felt his heart skip a beat. Lisa was holding his hand. He just had to make sure he didn't get sweaty. Turning back to his game, he showed his hand to Lisa, then told her which card she should use her free hand to lay on the table. he wasn't letting go anytime soon.

"See ya Steve."
The other three boys nodded as Steve walked off. While Cooper and Corey played card games, Michael and Thomas talked music. Corey checked his phone.
"Hey, everyone. Katie and James have been gone a while. You think they're somewhere semi-private.
Conner nodded. "Oh I hope so!"

Divine Brutality

Lisa played the game with the help of Corey, just enjoying the attention she was receiving.
She half listened to the others talk music and half trying to concentrate on the game.

"Wow, they have been!" Lisa gave Corey a teasing smile. "I wonder what those two could possibly be up to."

She also wondered why her and Corey weren't some place semi-private. It had hardly been a day since they started talking, but still. She was arguing with herself inside her head.

dougss

Corey laughed "If I know Katie, they're just chatting about whatever academic topic they both know a bit about. It's how she bonds with people. She's definitely a straight man when it comes to conversation"
Corey inched closer to Lisa and pointed to his most powerful card, Angel of Glory's Rise.
Suddenly, every deceased human creature returned the the battlefield, and with his other bonuses and card effects, he had a shot at killing Conner in one turn. He attacked with everything, and Conner used a spell to block all damage, leaving Corey wide open to attack, with nothing to protect him. Conner defeated Corey his next turn.
"Well darn."
"You almost had me there, or so you though"
Corey nodded "good game. Lisa catches on quick."

Divine Brutality

Lisa watched it all go down with sheer amusement.

"What a shady game. You were blindsided." She smiled at Corey. " Better luck next time."

Lisa leaned her head on Corey's shoulder in a vain attempt to be 'cute', something she was never good at. nevertheless, she enjoyed the closeness of him and hoped she'd receive a good response.

iambrowncoat

dont mean to interupt but is it to late to join

Divine Brutality

Quote from: iambrowncoat on May 04, 2013, 02:19:45 AM
dont mean to interupt but is it to late to join

I don't see why not. I have no objections. Jump right in.

iambrowncoat

Jake road up on his motorcycle late for his first day at a new school he shut off the engine knowing it was wired for a high school student to own a Harley but he didn't care he had got it from his father before he had left Jake and his mom two months ago and  had spent the time to fix it so he was going to use it. he pulled off his helmet and his leather jacket reaching in the Sidebag back of his bike as he pulled on a black work shirt with a patch on the chest pocket the read playboy talent scout as he walked onto the campuse in blue jeans black bikerboots and a white undershirt with his work shirt on over it pulling off the outcast look you might find in a 90s MTV music video as he walked around some looking lost as he tyred to find out ware everything was

TickleTongue

Steve finding the game interesting, however, in the necessity of time.  "Lisa, can you tell Andrea's Mathenatics instructor that she is sick at home and will be unable to attend."

Steve walked away, all smiles.
Under construction

O/o
Thank you:) Peace out!
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=175092.0

Divine Brutality

Lisa never understood Steve. He was always so cocky, strutting around like he was all that and a bag of chips.

She ignored him and continued on with Corey and the boys, enjoying their company. 'I don't even have her in my math class' she thought.

( Tickle Tongue, some advice if i may: Please stay away from run on sentences. Punctuation marks are your best friends. Be organized.)

iambrowncoat

Jake walked threw the halls whistling a tune as he looked around seeing a group of people playing a card game of some kind being to far away from them to tell what it was as he walked past looking at the numbers on the doors intent on finding his classes so he would know ware to go as he noticed the looks he was getting

Divine Brutality

Quote from: iambrowncoat on May 04, 2013, 01:30:52 PM
Jake walked threw the halls whistling a tune as he looked around seeing a group of people playing a card game of some kind being to far away from them to tell what it was as he walked past looking at the numbers on the doors intent on finding his classes so he would know ware to go as he noticed the looks he was getting

***Jake walked threw the halls, whistling a tune as he looked around. He saw a group of people playing a card game of some sort but he was too far away to tell what it was. As he was walking, looking at the numbers on the doors so he knew where his classes were, he noticed he was getting looks. ***

I'm going to have to ask you to leave the RP since you have proved yourself incapable. Thanks.

iambrowncoat

what evere i know why your giveing me the boot and while i think its messed up  of you i understand so thanks for your time any way

studpuppy22

James had been standing in line with Katie for quite a while now. They had been deep in conversation. First talking about their interest in school, then hobbies, and lastly music. James had almost found it strange that they were both so similar. Every time James would tell her another one of his interests she would reply, "no way, me to!" At first, James began to suspect she was joking with him or even trying to be a little cute, but she always had a vast knowledge of the subject.

As their conversations went on he began to realize that they weren't even in line. She was trying to give them a chance to chat alone before having to go back to the table.

"I can't believe we have so much in common" Katie stated.
"I know. We like the same subjects, music, and have many of the same hobbies." James replied. "Maybe we should hang out more often." He blurted out and fearfully waited for what Katie might say. His face started to become a little red from the nerves.

This was the first time James had ever asked any girl to spend time with him.

Katie happily replied, "I think that sounds like a great idea." She shot him a great big smile. "By the way we should probably pick up our food. I'm sure the others are wondering where we are."

James laughed "I think that is a good idea."

James and Katie picked up their lunches and walked back to the table where everyone was sitting. James could see the guys still sitting playing their game. James and Katie both sat back down in their seats, placing their lunches on the table in front of them. As they were both sitting down James looked over at Katie and smiled. She smiled back. It was at this moment he thought to himself, I really hope she likes me back.

fretboardmagic

Stephen walked into the school late. This was only his third day here, and he was already behind. He tried to be as discreet as possible, not wanting to draw attention to himself from the hall monitors, but the double doors had otherwise planned. They crashed loudly behind him. He was sure he was in for a reprimand, but no one seemed to notice. It was a relief, though, at this point, he was accustomed to not being noticed. His family was constantly moving for reasons he was not at liberty to discuss, not that anyone cared to discuss it with him, anyway. This was his fourth school this year. He learned quickly living in this lifestyle that it was easier just to not bother making friends.
      He quietly made his way to lunch. He had missed both first and second period and was halfway through third. This was a bad start. Rather than find somewhere indoors to sit alone, a task reeking of impossibility due to the sheer number of students infesting the cafeteria, he simply walked through the mass of humming, faceless drones to the door which led to an outside eating area. There were only a few people here, so he was able to find a nice, quiet, shady corner to sit in.
      His stomach was beginning to growl, but he didn't pay any attention. He had already begun to draw.

JadeArwen

Is it too late to join in on the fun?