My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Started by Kunoichi, April 10, 2011, 08:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReijiTabibito

Kunoichi

And I'll be an Earth Pony Cleric. :P

Probably going into the 'Radiant Servant of Celestia' prestige class...

ReijiTabibito

???  Does Pathfinder have Prestige Classes?

Kunoichi

Yep.  It's basically an 'improved' version of D&D 3.5.  I don't agree that all the changes are improvements, myself, but some of them certainly are.  Plus, it's backwards-compatible, so...

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Kunoichi on June 12, 2011, 12:09:53 PM
Yep.  It's basically an 'improved' version of D&D 3.5.  I don't agree that all the changes are improvements, myself, but some of them certainly are.  Plus, it's backwards-compatible, so...
I can forgive any problems they might have added since they made Fighters/Rogues playable up to 20th without a prestige class now..and they did good stuff to the Cleric/Sorcerer too.. :D

Kunoichi

Yeah, but they also seriously weakened the assorted combat maneuvers.  Trip, Grapple and Bull Rush were already the only good ones in 3.5, and now the basic mechanics make them all less powerful.  It doesn't actually make them any simpler, either...

ReijiTabibito

So, would people be interested in...this?  I'd be up for it!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on June 12, 2011, 12:41:00 PM
So, would people be interested in...this?  I'd be up for it!

Don't you have a girl hostage to take? :D

Kunoichi

Maybe.  I've definitely been wanting to give Pathfinder a try again, since the last time I had to leave before getting very far...

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 12, 2011, 12:44:24 PM
Don't you have a girl hostage to take? :D

SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Maxwell Malamute

I got hooked pretty quickly; it has to be the best new cartoon out there. It's amazing what they did with the concept; I had my doubts at first. Not to mention it's funny how many middle-age men love the show!

In the past decade, as far as kids cartoons go, my other favorite is Teen Titans. Which reminds me to get busy on that latex Beast Boy outfit...
Playful rubber puppy, here! Into many other other things, just ask!

On and Offs, what I like to do/My Stories/The Origin of Love: My history, briefly/Meeting the Great God Pan

Kunoichi

Wow.  The fans have really taken to the 'Doctor Whooves' background character, I see...

Doctor Whooves
Doctor Whooves - Allons-y

Callie Del Noire

Kunoichi

A Fallout: Equestria pic, eh?  I've been meaning to read that story...

Maxwell Malamute

Today I thought, wow, the Ponies sure have become famous. But with this comes the troubles many face when thrust into the spotlight of fame:

Drugs!

Suppose The Ponies did drugs. Here's my take on things....

Which ones do what?

Rarity does Cocaine because it's white, expensive and has that 'elite' image. If she likes you at the moment she’ll share a line with you; if not, she’ll just snort it all herself.

Fluttershy had one too many bad trips.

Rainbow Dash does speed.

Applejack drinks hard cider, as well as apple schnapps.

Pinkie Pie probably does XTC, the party drug.

Twilight Sparkle hangs out with left wing intellectuals, and smokes kind-bud with Spike, who always has a light.

On and Offs, what I like to do/My Stories/The Origin of Love: My history, briefly/Meeting the Great God Pan

Kunoichi

Eh, I think the bigger problem that comes with fame is getting slammed by the mass media.

For example, thanks to a single line in a Wired article, half the major news stations seem to think that fans of the show are unemployed. :P

TheSilkenVoice

I had My Little Pony Toys growing up as a kid and watched the old cartoon and loved it back then...but now the new cartoon is so different in appearance and not as nice in my opinion in the way they draw them.  I have not watched it because of that but considering what you guys are saying about it and that it is a good show, I will give it a shot - I still hate the way they drew them though.  I liked how "round" and "fluffy" the original My Little Ponies looked.

Kunoichi

I think the new look is pretty round, myself, though I will admit it looks more smooth than fluffy.  I'm glad you're deciding to give the show another shot, though. ^^

Oniya

Quote from: Kunoichi on June 30, 2011, 02:35:57 PM
Eh, I think the bigger problem that comes with fame is getting slammed by the mass media.

For example, thanks to a single line in a Wired article, half the major news stations seem to think that fans of the show are unemployed. :P

Isn't that because the target audience is under 12?  I thought we had that covered under child labor laws.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Andy

O_O

I have no words...

THE STEREOTYPES! D: THE HORROR!!!
Quote from: Oniya on November 15, 2012, 09:32:19 PM
Remember:  Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to Hell in such a way that they thank you for the vacation tip.

Andys Creations: http://www.f-list.net/c/nullah%20mighthoof/

Kunoichi

Quote from: Oniya on July 01, 2011, 09:58:31 AM
Isn't that because the target audience is under 12?  I thought we had that covered under child labor laws.

Okay, let me rephrase that.  They think that all the adult male fans of the show are unemployed.  You know, the Bronies?

Maxwell Malamute

Hey, all my Brony friends have jobs  ;D

Bit it is amazing, I think there's more men watching it than the intended audience, in all actuality. It's amazingly popular among furries. I'd say about 80% of guys in my my furry group have become fans, even the ones like me who were reluctant at first.

Kunoichi

Yeah.  Fortunately, it's also quite popular within its intended age bracket, as I understand it. ^^

What's particularly cool are all the ways the Hub is choosing to acknowledge the older fans, though...

Oniya

The Hub seems to recognize that a good portion of their audience is older throughout their programming.  They show the old Transformers and G.I. Joe episodes right alongside the new Transformers Prime and G.I. Joe Renegades.  (As well as blast-from-the-past shows like Happy Days, Doogie Howser, The Wonder Years and Family Ties.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Maxwell Malamute

Yeah, I guess I don't know anyone with kids, come to think of it...In fact, living in the city where I do, you hardly ever see any. I had almost forgotten about the existence of these mysterious creatures. But now I remember...they're the smaller humans with the higher voices in those ads that keep interruption the programs :P

Hmmm, on a serious note, I wish I had adopted, or had the means to adopt...but doesn't seem to be in the financial cards, here.