Role Play while I wait?

Started by Talon Sky, November 20, 2012, 11:12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon Sky

Yep, you guessed it; waiting on approval. ^_^ Figured I'd get an RP or two started at least, see what all people are interested in here.

I'm literally up for about anything, but the few ideas my sleep deprived mind has floating around are a Halo-based RP, a Drow (Dark Elf) RP, and something vampire-y. I'm also up for generic fantasy, adventurers meeting up and whatnot.

If you'd like to get down on something specific, discuss with me?
Those who beat their swords into plow shears often end up plowing for the ones who kept their swords.

Kythia

Talon Sky

The scenerio I have in mind is thus:

A drow raiding/scouting party is travelling through the Underdark, where they're ambushed by deep gnomes or dwarves. Vicious battle, yada yada, but the drow in all their glorious racial superiority are winning.

So the ambushers collapse the tunnel.

Enter whatever characters we choose to play, being the only survivors. They have to find a way out and escape the tunnel, all the while knowing that their enemies are probably going to come looking for survivors at any moment. Perhaps they do, perhaps we actually stumble upon the enemy city....where ever we decide to go with it.

Whatever character concepts we dream up could make for a myriad of interesting games. A priestess and a drow warrior? Two warriors or priestesses from rival houses? Or rival siblings? It could be an excellent chance to off your older sibling, but it might take both characters to make it out alive in the first place. I'm alright with romance developing or not, so long as the character development is good :)
Those who beat their swords into plow shears often end up plowing for the ones who kept their swords.

Kythia

That actually sounds kinda fun.

Priestess and warrior seems the obvious way to go.  And thats not necessarily a bad thing.  Not sure offing elder sibling would necessarily work, with Drow society being so gender split, unless you're happy playing a female (I'd sooner not play a male.)  But then, on the other hand, its our Drow society and we could easily just remove that aspect.  But political rivals could make for fun.  Bitter rivals, thrown together by fate, forced to etc etc etc.  Tropes aren't bad.

Talon Sky

Drow males in the military can often attain a good amount of status (particularly in non-Forgotten Realms settings), so it's not too unbelievable that we could be rivals....especially if we're from rival houses. If you'd like to play a priestess, I'll go with the warrior for sure.

So....rivals from higher ranked houses, then?

Kythia

If that works for you.  It's your idea.

EDIT:  Bah, sorry.  Really tired when i wrote that and I've just realised its not a particularly useful statement  :-[

I like the idea.  What I'd be tempted to do is say its a non FR setting to give us a bit more space but take practically all of the details over, does that make any sense?

Talon Sky

Yeah, I'd say generic Drow-setting. Deity as Lloth for convenience though, as she seems to be a theme with Drow in other settings anyways.

I'll get it started up here. Thanksgiving and a new D&D game had me distracted :p

Talon Sky

Kythia

Looks good.  Replied (and sorry for delay in doing so.)

And once again, good luck with approval.

Talon Sky

Thanks :) and no problem. I'm a bit on the sluggish side myself the past few days....turkey induced coma and all.