Scrubs!

Started by Silvester, June 17, 2008, 10:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvester

Got Scrubs? We do. How about you?

If you've seen Scrubs, good for you - you probably get the gist of this already. If you haven't, don't hesitate to join anyway. The idea is simple: Lots of lonely, romantic, horny interns work in a hospital together. They make and break relationships, they have sex, they have emotional breakdowns... and all of this while "treating" patients.

Everyone's welcome to join. If you have seen Scrubs, consider adopting one of the existing awesome roles, such as Dr. Cox, Dr. Kelso, Jordan, Mrs. Kelso if you dare! :P, the Janitor... or even Ted! I think it would be cool if some people play as patients too, that way we can have some hot intern/patient action :)

A guide to making a character:

1) Nurse, Doctor, Patient, or Other?
2) If Doctor, what specialty? (Surgery, Internal Medicine, etc. Be as specific as you like)
3) If Patient, what disease?
4) Voice; if you've seen Scrubs, you know JD talks in the first person. I think that could work and would be kinda cool, but that's ultimately your choice.
5) Pre-med student, Intern, Resident, or Doctor? Age Hint: Doctors tend to be >30, Residents can be >25, Interns tend to be >23, and Pre-med students tend to be 18-22.

GinnyJ is a co-creator of this idea, she will add things on if I missed something. Feel free to suggest your own ideas! Let the medcest begin!

Custos Morum

I don't think I can pull this off, but someone  should! I want to read this thread! C'mon people!

GinnyJ

You know what? I don't think you missed anything at all.  I think you've covered everything quite fully!

Doesn't look like the fishes are biting so far though... maybe we could kick off Silvester and see if we could woo them in as we go along...

GinnyJ

Ooh, its just occured to me - do I introduce my character basics here?  If so...

Kate Lucas

1. Doctor
2. General Surgery
3. N/A
4. First person - I think that's an utterly excellent idea!
5. Resident... but only just...

Silvester

Yeah, I thought this would quickly become a popular topic. Hmm, guess I was wrong :(
Join people! We're starting the game, but we want more characters!

@ Custos Morum: Why don't you think you can pull it off?

My character:

Daniel (Danny) Radowicz

1. Doctor
2. Internal Medicine
3. N/A
4. Will alternate between 1st to 3rd person in a way that will make sense
5. Resident, first year.

Silvester

Custos Morum

Jack, no one seems to get hold of his last name.

1) Patient, sort of.
2) N/A
3) Bad Luck. Jacky tries constantly to get treatment for what he calls chronically bad luck. Naturally, he gets rejected, but the fact that he is unemployed makes him being able to never stop trying. The staff have speculated if he's simply homeless or if it's rather the "life" part that's the problem. In the end, he's simply one annoying bastard that keeps getting thrown out.
4) Mostly third I think

Appearance:

About 1,79 m tall, thin. Black hair, and very, very nervous blue eyes. His posture is always hunching, and he seems to be unable to not move his hands in an way.

Tant de Tentation

I have an intense desire to be IN 'Scrubs'.

What can I say?

I will lay aside all ego to participate in this, if desired.

I know next to nothing about medicine, but I have research-'n'-fake down pat. :P

Cheerio.  Let me know if I'm needed.

OH.  By the way--I love the Janitor, Dr. Cox, and, well, actually, I'm pretty sure I could do anyone (and would do anyone... :) ), but I prefer the belligerent ones.  I could do Jordan, too, probably.  Or any minor role as some patient, perhaps a charismatic yet irksome one.  True to reality, what what?
"Humor is the only test of gravity, and gravity of humor; for a subject which will not bear raillery is suspicious, and a jest which will not bear serious examination is false wit."
--Aristotle

My ONs and OFFs
TNT's crazy intro thread.

Caeli

I wouldn't mind popping in for a brief, one-scene appearance as a patient. xD Might have to wait until I get wireless and can check online more often though.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Trinity

This is an interesting idea :) I'll try and come up w/ a character for an application, if you've still got room for people that is. I'm thinking probably a resident doctor for a character.

Sevenpercentsolution

I'd like to sign up for the role of our crass, ranting Doctor Perry Cox, if it's still open.  I'm not sure if there's a system to signing up for canons, but as far as the sheet goes:

Name: Doctor Perry Cox
Job Description: Doctor of Internal Medicine, Residency Director, Official Sacred Heart Hardass
Description: With a fondness for coffee, obscure pop culture, free weights, and himself, Dr. Cox is easily the most crass, tactless, and demeaning person in all of Sacred Heart, and the only reason anyone puts up with it is because, 98% of the time, he's right.  From judgements about medicine to judgements about a personality, Dr. Cox has the tendency of always being correct in his observations - just, he tends to be a little mouthy about it, going on lengthy rants regarding whatever subject strikes him at that moment.  Unwilling to quiet himself regarding any matter, he never backs down from an argument, and while he can be a huge jerk, the truth is that somewhere very deep down inside, he's got the capacity for sympathy, and he's got a soft side that he hates to show.

GinnyJ

Yep, we're very much still open...

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=17236.0

See you over there Doctor Cox.

HalfCircleMoon

I would like to play as a male patient, if there is still room for another player.  :-)

GinnyJ

I can't say it often enough - we're ALWAYS open for more (at least until we decide otherwise and then we'll tell you!).  Good to see we're sparking people's imaginations!

MadPanda

Ooo, ooo, gotta do it...

Doctor H. P. Kafka
GP turned administrator extraordinaire.
Voice: Third

Doctor Howard Philips Kafka is not a funny man.  He is very serious.  Very serious indeed.  He is also meticulous, neat, and generally unpleasant.  However, because he seems to enjoy all the voluminous paperwork required to keep a hospital running, doesn't seem to mind having an office in the basement, and is extremely good at handling all manner of petty bean-counting issues without bothering people like Doctor Kelso, he is almost irreplacable.

He reminds most people of a very young Boris Karloff, or maybe Christopher Lee: tall, thinning dark hair going grey at the temples, and a tendency to loom menacingly.  When he smiles, which is more often than he ought, the results are less than reassuring.  He usually wears dark suits under his lab coat.

His office is a case study in neatnik over-organization.

(But!  Very sharp eyed people spot the 'diploma' for a Ph. D. in Ancient Texts from Miskatonic University and the Cthulhu for President coffee mug.  It may be that the man has a sense of humor after all...)
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Silvester

Yes, yes!! More people! MOAAAR!

That being said, I'm gonna be out of this game for a month or so (going to Israel). I hope the rest of you will play though!

calamity

Oh, man.  If no one has claimed Jordan, I want her.

I fucking love Jordan.  *giggles*
O&O

Tant de Tentation

The Janitor is MINE.  MINE. 

So's the squirrel army. 
"Humor is the only test of gravity, and gravity of humor; for a subject which will not bear raillery is suspicious, and a jest which will not bear serious examination is false wit."
--Aristotle

My ONs and OFFs
TNT's crazy intro thread.

Pumpkin Seeds

Wow, this will be so cool to read.  You forgot the nurses though!  Where would hospital fantasy be without the nurse?

CrazEGrl

I know I am a female but I was wondering if the role of JD was taken already I just love him  :o he is so stupid but funny and then he actually sounds smart when he says something helpful or smart. It just takes him awhile to get it right.

Like I love the episode where he got his girl friend pregnant without even having actual intercourse lol :p

If the spots taken I can try and role play as a female version of JD but the first person talking might be a little hard.

Trinity

I don't think anybodies playing JD so you should be good :)

CrazEGrl

thank you trinity but I think i'm going to play as the really gorgeous girl thats like JD lol

CrazEGrl

Braidy Wallace
1) Nurse
2) N/a
3) n/a
4) Voice; 1st person ( it'll be fun to try)
5) 1st year resident
6) Looks: without the fishnet and regular nurses shoes http://copuli.deviantart.com/art/Pin-Up-Nurse-69726663