Lords of Gossamer and Shadow

Started by Kolbrandr, June 23, 2015, 07:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolbrandr

figured to ask, anyone even heard of this game besides me? It's rite publishing's Amber homage thing. (this thing here http://www.ritepublishing.com/dicelessroleplaying.html ) It's a lot of fun, though opportunities to play it are rare I find, and being diceless seems to make it more suited to pbp than most things.

It admittedly suffers from Amber's similar "The majority of npcs are all built on piles of points your characters could never possibly reach even after years of play", but that's not an impossible thing to deal with.

Kolbrandr

I sort of figured as not, it's a bit on the obscure side, but always worth checking if other people might know from it.

Crash

I picked up a bunch of the pdf's a while back.  It should work as a pbp, but character creation makes it a bit prohibitive.  I have thought of running it simply as freeform, but never had the time to do so.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Kolbrandr

There's enough going on it in that I'd feel like having some structural framework to define things in is better than not. If you otherwise refer to the characters being kinda not much on the scale of the setting despite the premise of the setting, you can always build em at 350. That would make em mover and shakery enough without them being Vala for instance.

Maybe something like everyone are veterans of the original dwimmerlaik war or such, thus amongst the leading lights of the lords and ladies

Crash

I just think the bidding process is a bit much to do pbp wise.  I can see losing players mid process.  Not saying someone shouldn't attempt it, just that there are some issues with pbp and character creation that would need to be addressed.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Kolbrandr

Well, there are alternate char creation options even in the book really. Even if you just do it silent auction point buying style that cuts down on things and makes it easier if someone drops. I think the big challenge will be finding players in the first place honestly

Rook Seidhr

As a veteran Amber Diceless RPG player and GM, and having read the LoGaS books but not played much, I might be interested. Sort of busy right now though. Something else would have to collapse.

Rook Seidhr

Still too busy to GM, but interested in playing. Dunno whether anyone else is?

Kolbrandr

Hey, I made the thread, I'd obviously still love to play, but I imagine this has hit a "too obscure for Ell" sort of thing.

Granted I'm tempted to keep throwing out obscuros and seeing what takes.

Next up, Fading Suns!

Mnemaxa

I am familiar with it, but I haven't read it - I have run an Amber game, but that was some time ago.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Kolbrandr

Eh, it's fine, you throw things out there, you see what sticks, not everything will.