Vampire the Requiem: Rome [Rated Extreme or NC?]

Started by RubySlippers, December 13, 2014, 12:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Requiem for Rome set in the age of the Camarilla where Kindred stood under the Roman Empire as they tried to unite the civilized world. I'm thinking of a game with the core books, the Requiem for Rome book as needed source material and nothing else keeping it simple unless one can provide a direct legal link to a bloodline or its in the source book.

But would like another ST so I can play in the game, maybe two more, assisting me and it will plunge into the setting properly with all the backstabbing and such, its not possible to be Unaligned in this case but one could be apolitical to a degree.

Just an interest check and such at this point but I'm leaning to the time when the Roman Empire was either ascending earlier in the Age of the Camarilla or near the end of it as the one church rises to supplant the pagans etc.

I have the books so if kept basic running the game is fine as the main ST, just don't want to be the only one and want to take breaks from running the game.

And yes the ratings will be suited to the setting so will be strong, rape and other perversions were not uncommon and your undead with no real rules when dealing with mortals save not get found out.

EDIT: Player input will matter by the way in content. I'm looking at one coterie per assistant ST with four players in Coteries with characters based on basic creation plus 6 XP (a little seasoning).

Marie Reynolds

Hmm tentative interest  here as a player  just have to reread the Rome book!

Ouroboros

Semi-Relevant Information
wants and needs | apologies and absences  | ons and offs

RubySlippers

Okay that's two.

Anyway updates the setting will be during the reign of the Emperor Trajan in the biggest expansion of the Empire, and the corresponding growth of the Necropolis and the Camarilla as her legions moved to new lands. Its not all fun and games though there is an influx of new wealth, many Kindred from barbarian and exotic lands and well intrigues are still in play.

Note the Christians are not in Rome in High Numbers so the Lancea Sanctum is not a Wing, there are some among the Kindred mostly some slaves turned Kindred or ones from the Eastern Empire region so in the Peregrine Collegia. Its not  factor on the radar of the leadership since there are many religions in Rome some odd and some traditional. The Cult of Isis has a temple for example and is practiced. So factor that in.

Sound interesting?

Marie Reynolds

Hmm looks good to me especially if we get to see the effects of the lancea et Sanctum form there own wing that could be fun to watch unfold!

RubySlippers

The wing is now part of the Collegia, in some few groups mostly religious worship groups promoting the faith among the mortal slaves and are just starting to cause trouble in some places.

Jews are more common and not favored much but at this time they still intermingle with the Pagans and there are Romanized Jews, ones not following their faith. They get treated better.