The Town of Elliquiy (Reboot) <Interest Check>

Started by NaughtyKitty, January 13, 2013, 06:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingmaster1

ebpohmr

I have half a character application done - still not sure on job/role but am tempted with something along the lines of teaching or being a handyman. Is there anything that's particularly needed?

Angel Fire

Well... Our GM didn't provide a full list of jobs since her last edit on the very first post of the thread, but my own personal idea would be that maybe your character could be someone that owns a construction business or works for one.  Not only is our GM playing the Mayor but her character is also an Architect so, to me, someone involved in the construction business would be very wonderful. *Smiles*
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

kingmaster1

Just fyi I put my character in with the intents of him owning and tending a local bar. Just so you know :-)

Angel Fire

We do have someone that owns a bar here already so competition will be wonderful to me! *Smiles* Free enterprise and all of that!
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.

Phoenixrisen

Do we already have a teacher? I know we have at least one or two highschoolers...
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Angel Fire

eiselmann

And we have one highschool student who could do with some tips on the art of seducing older woman since he's going to be kind of obsessed about getting laid.....even after /if it happens he's going to be a hormonal disaster on a skate board for some time to come
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

ebpohmr

Name: Douglas Jenson
Birthday: April 7th
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Religion: Christian in spirit, but not religious
Drinks: Yes
Smokes: No, never
Illegal Drugs: Occasionally smokes marijuana
College: None
Played By: ebpohmr

Job
Owner: Jenson & Sons Construction Services (JSCS)

Doug manages the family business, as well as overseeing most of the jobs. His mother handles receptionist duties and book-keeping, which frees Doug to spend more time in meetings and out in the field.

Address: 1690 Riverside Drive

Appearance

Height: 6' 2"
Build: Athletic
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue-grey
Complexion: Lightly tanned
Glasses: No
Scars: Three jagged marks on his lower left back from bear claws
Piercings: None
Tattoos: None

Although he wears a shirt and tie for formal meetings, Doug tends to favour practical clothes - usually t-shirt and jeans with a decent set of boots. He sometimes wears a charm around his neck. Scars on lower left back are the price he paid for rescuing his previous dog, Jessie, from a bear while the two had been out hiking one weekend. Jessie died from her wounds before Doug could get her to a vet, but he couldn't have left her to the bear.

Personality

Doug is hard working, dependable and loyal. He is also stubborn and not afraid to let others know his thoughts and opinions. Fitting for a builder, he enjoys creating things that last. He also enjoys a challenge. Fairly laid back, Doug isn't afraid to throw down when its appropriate to do so. Or when he thinks it is, anyway. Doug tends towards being dominant, both inside the bedroom and out, although he does consider the views and insights of those around him. Most of the time.

History

Born and raised in Elliquiy, the town is the only home Doug has known. His mother, Anne, was a housewife and dedicated mother. His father, Adam, ran the business as his father and grandfather had before him. Doug's childhood was spent here, he went to school here, instead of college he went to work at the family business here and has been doing that for the past seventeen years. For the past six years he has been running the company following his father's stroke and subsequent early retirement.

Doug has two brothers, Jeff and Chris, and a sister, Penny.  Jeff was born three years after Doug and was never quite happy living in Elliquiy. After high school, he enlisted in the army and has recently been serving abroad as a Staff Sergeant. Two years younger than Jeff, Chris liked the town enough, but was never that interested in the construction industry. After working for the family business for a couple of years, he signed on with a fishing boat down at the docks. Chris has been learning everything he can about the boat and has been saving up the money to captain his own. Doug has offered to help with that, but his younger brother is nothing if not stubborn about making his own way in life. Doug's only sister is ten years younger than him and has been smarter than the rest of the family combined since around her eighth birthday. She was the first of the Elliquiy Jenson's to go to college and is currently working on her doctorate.

Relationships

From his first time with Molly Jackson back in the eighth grade, Doug has had several girlfriends. Some have become long-term relationships, but he has yet to find a woman he could settle down with. This is in large part due to growing up around parents who were still deeply in love forty years after they had first started. He wants that kind of love for himself. Doug can see himself becoming a father one day and part of his focus with the business is to ensure that he will leave a legacy for his kids.

Living Situation

Lives With: Fred, His Labrador Retriever.

Transportation

2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty - Grey

ebpohmr

There we go, one construction business owner! I figured that he could also offer some cash-in-hand work over school breaks for people willing to do some graft and basic construction work...

YaoiRolePlay

So I've got a church up, anyone want to roleplay with the pastor? I'd really like another gay guy to have a romance with him. Nothing terribly extreme, just a nice sweet romance.

kingmaster1

I'm still waiting on the gm to accept me, will be watching till then :-)

stargirl

Quote from: YaoiRolePlay on January 22, 2013, 04:05:03 PM
So I've got a church up, anyone want to roleplay with the pastor? I'd really like another gay guy to have a romance with him. Nothing terribly extreme, just a nice sweet romance.

Hi, My character is no gay male, but I would like to interact with your character. So, unless it isn't what you was planning to play now.

YaoiRolePlay

Sure, have her come to the church or something. Say there's a rainbow flag in the atrium so she can be upset by that.

Kerri

Character Name: Samantha "Sam" Bennett

Sex:Female
Orientation:bisexual
Job: House cleaner, she runs the small business out of her home, primarily getting business by word of mouth. 
Played By:Kerri

Appearance

Height: 5 foot even
Weight: 95 lbs
Body Type: She's tiny, often described as cute or pixie/fairy like.
Hair Color: Dark blonde hair with natural golden highlights
Eye Color: Blue eyes
Distinguishing Features: Her most distinguishing features are her size and her hair. She used to get upset when people would hassle her about her height or bring it up, but over the years she has gotten used to it. She has two regular piercings in each ear and a cartilage piercing in her left. Her hair is long, reaching to her waist and one of the only things she takes real pride in. She has a blue baby dragon emerging from it's egg tattooed on her left shoulder. 

Personality She's shy, rather reserved, she doesn't open up to many people, but those that she considers her friends know her well. She does whatever she can to help those in need. Even if she doesn't know them. She's very active, with a high metabolism, she seems to constantly be on the move.

Likes: She loves books and music, whenever she does have downtime she'll be somewhere listening to music and reading. Her guilty food pleasure is anything with peanut butter and chocolate.
Dislikes: She doesn't like when people are purposefully messy, thinking that because it's her job she'll clean it up (except for when it is her job, then she expects it.) She doesn't like rude or discourteous people.
History: Sam has lived in this town her entire life. She grew up in the poorest part of town. The only child of an alcoholic mother and drug addicted father, she pretty much raised herself. It wasn't a rare occurrence to come home from school and have her parents passed out, she preferred that to coming home to the police, her father in cuffs, and her mother bruised and battered. She didn't have many friends and she didn't really want any. She stuck to herself preferring her own company over the questions and prodding that she always eventually got from others.

She was a smart girl and got good grades in school. When at 16 her father decided to take his anger out on her, she moved out. Her mother begged her to stay but she couldn't and wouldn't do it. She stayed with her mother's cousin until she graduated and had made enough money to move out on her own shortly after her 18th birthday. She started doing odd jobs at first, cleaning houses, and soon what was a simple way to earn a couple dollars became her business. Within a couple of years one house became another and another, until soon she found herself going from house to house cleaning, very rarely was it that she didn't work 40 or more hours a week. Her clients often asked her when she would hire someone to work for her, and perhaps soon she would have to do just that.

She lives in the present, and looks to the future, hardly ever looking back. She hasn't went home since the day she moved out. She doesn't ponder the "what ifs" of life, knowing that it's just a waste of time. She very rarely if ever reminisces about the past.

She's been in love before, the first time, fresh out of high school, with an older man. Unfortunately she lost her heart before she found out he was married. The second time was shortly after the first, having broken up with the older man, she started dating a friend from school. The relationship was a difficult one from the start. Sam didn't care what others thought about her relationship with another woman, but her girlfriend most definitely did. She kept their relationship a secret for over a year before Sam had enough. She couldn't be the girl's dirty little secret any longer. Both relationships ended badly, hurting her more than she imagined she could ever be hurt. She hasn't given up on love, but she definitely doesn't give her heart as freely as she used to.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16
All images in signature created by the truly talented and sweet Amelita

NaughtyKitty

Approved Characters:

Mikael Petrikov - kingmaster1
Douglas Jenson - ebpohmr
Samantha Bennett - Kerri

All three of you, welcome to town!  Put together your home and store/business threads...then post them in the OOC for me so I can update the locations thread.  :)

kingmaster1

HarleyQuinn

Hotaru37

As far as I know it is.

Put up a sheet and Naughty will get to it when she can.   ;D
"All who wander are not lost."  Some just enjoy the adventure of seeking the unknown.  ^^                

Ons and Offs/A/A's/My Rabbit Hole

Swordsman18

Silver

O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

HarleyQuinn

Would it be alright to have a Vet? If so, I'll make up a CS for the Vet :)

Silver

Quote from: HarleyQuinn on January 24, 2013, 02:32:06 PM
Would it be alright to have a Vet? If so, I'll make up a CS for the Vet :)

A vet is a wonderful idea, given that quite a few people have pets.

Ooo and Izzie can bother said vet with questions as she wants a cat at some point... *nods*
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

HarleyQuinn

Quote from: Silver on January 24, 2013, 02:43:48 PM

Ooo and Izzie can bother said vet with questions as she wants a cat at some point... *nods*

I'm sure the vet wouldn't mind. *Nods and smiles*

ebpohmr

Quote from: Silver on January 24, 2013, 02:43:48 PM

Silver has the right of it. Never know when poor Fred (Doug's chocolate labrador retriever) might need the attentions of a properly qualified veterinarian! *nods*