[D&D5] The Last Ray of Light (Epic fantasy, Group or solo) CLOSED

Started by FragarachZ, February 10, 2015, 10:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Are you still accepting players? I would very much be interested, I have a few ideas.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

FragarachZ

Sure, keep the ideas coming. Still in recruitment stage here.

Any spot is open in case people would like to play a cleric or paladin. I will keep this open until Monday the 16th, then start figuring out what to do with the applications.
O&O

Miroque

Of course i can change the background but did you not say that every background option (street urchin) were ok?  And that end of the world in premiss was the horrible thing that worked as jump start for her lightbringing part.. cleric without any religion knowledge

ShadowFox89

I had a couple of ideas: Elf barbarian, drow paladin, tiefling rogue.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Togashi

You should check out the house rules. Dragonborn, Drow, Half-orcs, and Tieflings are not allowed.

Chulanowa

Shadowfox,

DM says no Tiefling or Drow (Or half-orcs or Dragonborn, which makes me a little salty...)

Looking at a Wizard or Druid, for my part. Fighter can always get the work done, as well. Hmmmm.

FragarachZ

Real quick question. I've been in a few games that use the "bad endings" thing when characters lose a fight, and it seems prevalent to just throw impossible odds at the characters in order to basically guarantee getting to that "bad ending." I just want to check and make sure that you plan to give us realistic chances  ;D

ShadowFox89

Ahhhh, that's what I get for not reading the houserules all the way. And posting without enough sleep.

Well, the ideas all can run with elves too. I just wanted to mix the races a bit in that.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

rikka

Well I'm hoping it would be more like a "you're screwed" episode, and not an actual bad end thing, wherein you get to spring back up, with possible payback, and move on with the mission or adventure.
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

tuckers02

I think he'll give us a fair chance to succeed if we work as a team and don't do anything stupid.

*look at the flaw I rolled*

Well, shit...

FragarachZ

Quote from: tuckers02 on February 12, 2015, 03:00:07 PM
I think he'll give us a fair chance to succeed if we work as a team and don't do anything stupid.

*look at the flaw I rolled*

Well, shit...

I read that in a Wil Wheaton voice...

I didn't plan on this to be very much of a bad end game but things will progress naturally. One thing to note is that when I wrote that Lux bestowed her last pure ray of light on the lightbearer, it was both symbolical (choosing that person as her champion, and giving them her blessing) and literal. The endless twilight on the world, after darkness has prevailed? That's because there is still a ray of light left in the world. If the lightbearer dies or is corrupted by the forces of evil, the last ray of light is lost and night will descend. At which point the world is screwed and completely overrun by monsters in about 50 years. The adventurers may still continue their quest, just any resistance they put up will be worth little in the long run. So something like that would be the bad end. Now as for the "isolated heroine captured, brutalized, violated and enslaved* that's for when you do something stupid like break off from the main group and start doing stuff on your own.

This won't be one of the games where you lose all the fights. In fact, if you lose once and get away with it, you're lucky. The point of this game is to triumph heroically.

Basically tuckers02 got it right. The stakes are high and the odds against you because this is an epic story - a short campaign in which the fate of the world is at stake. It may seem overwhelming, but heroes in epics prevail against all that, do they not?

All that said, if your character falls and you'd like to have a bad end scenario... I'm not entirely against it  O:)
O&O

tuckers02

Lol.  Being a fan of Tabletop, I so visualized that FragarachZ.

Quote from: FragarachZ on February 13, 2015, 12:23:06 AM
...that's for when you do something stupid like break off from the main group and start doing stuff on your own.

Quote from: Flaw
"My hatred of my enemies is blind and unreasoning"

With an Int of 9, this character is going to be a lot of fun to play :p

Togashi

Well considering the average person has an Int score of about 8 you aren't exactly stupid. But there is nothing to say anyone will REALLY be alone. Though Varis will likely only stay near the lightbearer. Even if he can't be seen.

FragarachZ

Still looking for interest in this. I'll take people/characters this weekend and the first bit of next week. Unless there's more people applying we'll kick the game off with the four we've got so far.
O&O

Far eyes

Hello

I would be interested in joining up if you still have space
I was considering something like a Bard with a more martial nature
If that dos not work i could do a Paladin of some nature, i have been wanting to do one and never got around to it for years now.

Edit: Probably human in both cases maybe elf
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

Muse

Working on an aplication for the Lgiht Bringer.  What should I name this girl?

Is this a good picture? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

tuckers02

Muse

*Smiles*  Nice.  I went with Aria. THanks you for the feedback.  :)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

tuckers02

rikka

Katrina.

But it looks like you already figured out what to call her.

Picture looks good, makes her what she would look like when finally well established as the Lightbringer or Lightbearer

Frag, what do you intend to do with multiple applications for the lightbringer position?

Ons/Offs

tuckers02

I wonder if he gets 2 lightbringers and 6 other characters if he's going to have two separate parties.

ShadowFox89

Hmmm... would an assassin rogue work? Not so much a murderer for hire but someone who is very skilled as a sniper.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

rikka

Quote from: tuckers02 on February 14, 2015, 06:07:02 PM
I wonder if he gets 2 lightbringers and 6 other characters if he's going to have two separate parties.

An interesting idea.  The other group serves as Lux's backup plan should anything happen to the first.

Ons/Offs

FragarachZ

Assassin rogue works as a sniper - there have been plentie of beasties to in the last 3 years for the heroes to fight off after all.

If there are 2 lightbearer and 6 others applying it might be 2 groups yes, but they'll run entirely paralell, not within the bounds of the same story. There is no backup plan for Lux. You all are her only backup plan.
If there is less than two groups, I'll handpick people based on character concepts and post qualities. If there is one full group and maybe 1-2 more people, if they agree the second game can be a solo game or it can be just them in that second group?

Quote from: Far eyes on February 14, 2015, 01:54:37 PM
Hello

I would be interested in joining up if you still have space
I was considering something like a Bard with a more martial nature
If that dos not work i could do a Paladin of some nature, i have been wanting to do one and never got around to it for years now.

Edit: Probably human in both cases maybe elf

Either one is good to go, just post your backstory and character sheet for them. You could even submit both - though obviously only one can get picked into the game.

This goes to the others as well: if you want, you can submit a lightbearer application and an adventurer application (though only one will be selected for the game)
O&O

Far eyes

What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

ShadowFox89

I'll have something up after work.... Assuming I don't end up sick and stay home anyway x_x

I found an interesting combo with Sharpshooter and Assassin that I want to try out. The way it is written, you can easily sit at long range and pepper someone with arrows. At third level, you can do a not insignificant first round alpha strike.
Call me Shadow
My A/A