Interest Check - Open-World D&D (4th ed, up to NC-E)

Started by Sonja, February 21, 2009, 05:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonja

So we already have a bunch of great D&D games going on.  I'm loving Jeremiahh's Dungeons of Doom subforum and can't wait to start playing in the Shadows and Shades game.  Had to duck out of the epic-level game cause of my books disappearing but it got me thinking about my own ideas for a game.

Jeremiahh has a great thing going where a new player can introduce themselves for solo adventuring at any time and I wanted to bring that style to a setting outside a dungeon.  I imagine a great city on the coast that was once a crown jewel of the old human empire but is now beset by peril on all sides.  It's shipping means it continues to be a great and important city, with plenty to do for players of any level from 1 to 30, solo or in parties.

I've also been thinking about some homebrew rules for sex.  They'd be optional but if anyone wanted to have sex in a more "competitive" sense, trying to make their partner cum as many times as possible before they're exhausted, I've thought up a simple ruleset for that.  I might make sex-related paragon paths and an epic destiny available if anyone's interested.  Basically a player could forego "adventuring" entirely and simply enjoy high-fantasy sexual escapades if they wanted.

I figure 4-6 players to start with would be enough to get me working on this, so tell me what you think.

Delta Echo

Sounds like a very interesting idea. :D All my 4e (normal  :P ) games have died so I have quite a few characters I could bring in...
O&O - A&A
Southern Gentleman of the Arcadia Clan.

"When the world is against you, find the passion of love to survive"

Sonja

Quote from: Delta Echo on February 21, 2009, 05:41:06 AM
Sounds like a very interesting idea. :D All my 4e (normal  :P ) games have died so I have quite a few characters I could bring in...
Cool, you use whatever interests you most.  Make them any level you want and I'll go ahead and allow 32-point buy ability scores.  Magic items and wealth standard as per level.  If you want to make a background you can follow all the core setting assumptions.

Delta Echo

Here we go: B.A. Halcyon.

"I ain't shiftin' to no other plane!"

QuoteBaraol was born to a human father and drow mother and grew up in as he puts it "the basement of the city" along with his older sister Amist. He proved to be adept at both pickpocketing and sneaking around, and enjoys putting his talents to use. Coming of age and leaving home, he fell in with the adventurer Douven Staul, and found himself learning more than he could ever imagine. Learning that his mentor is missing near Winterhaven, he has decided to attempt to find and, if necessary, rescue him.

Fairly tall and rather handsome, B.A. always seems to have a goofy smile on his face and is as quick with a quip as he is with his blade. He believes himself to be "in all modesty the greatest rogue ever born", and is bound and determined to prove this belief true.

He is also deathly afraid of Plane Shifting...
O&O - A&A

Mnemaxa

You might look into 'the Book of Erotic Fantasy'.  It's for 3.5 but you might be able to get some ideas for the sexual aspects of contests of sexual prowess from there, as well as some sexual feats.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Delta Echo

Well, techincally the BoEF is for 3.0, but it's still good for ideas. But Nymphology is better. ;)
O&O - A&A

Sonja

Quote from: Mnemaxa on February 23, 2009, 02:38:59 AM
You might look into 'the Book of Erotic Fantasy'.  It's for 3.5 but you might be able to get some ideas for the sexual aspects of contests of sexual prowess from there, as well as some sexual feats.
Yeah, I've read it.  But I've got some ideas of my own too.  Were you interested at all?

ZByte

:D I would be interested!  I can just think of the possibilities with this one, where certain skills, feats, and even classes could be invented through sheer necessity of a certain kink.  For instance, an entire church dedicated to spreading love, in all its ways, to the world.  The clerics of that religion would have very... enlightening spells, I would think.
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam ~ I'll either find a way, or I'll make one.
Ons and Offs

Sonja

Quote from: ZByte on February 24, 2009, 05:22:24 AM
:D I would be interested!  I can just think of the possibilities with this one, where certain skills, feats, and even classes could be invented through sheer necessity of a certain kink.  For instance, an entire church dedicated to spreading love, in all its ways, to the world.  The clerics of that religion would have very... enlightening spells, I would think.
Glad you like it.  I'm definitely thinking of a few rituals that would give the physically lacking arcane heroes of the world a fair shake.

Sonja

Well so far I'm counting like 3 people interested.  In the meantime, if anyone wants, we could make some threads just to test out the mechanics of my own rules.

Elven Sex Goddess

I would love to try out the 4e rules.    Was signed up for another.  But it never got off the ground.   What level are you looking to start at?

Sonja

Quote from: Asherah on February 26, 2009, 06:46:01 PM
I would love to try out the 4e rules.    Was signed up for another.  But it never got off the ground.   What level are you looking to start at?
Like the Dungeons of Doom games, it's not automatically party-based.  I plan on accepting characters of any tier:  1st, 11th, or 21st.  We have one 1st-level character posted though so if you wanted to party up I'd recommend that.

PhantomPistoleer

I think I'm going to DL the books tomorrow.  Thus, color me interested. :)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Zaer Darkwail

I am interested and also help run the game if you want Sonja :). Develop city, npc's, run fights/npc encounters and so on. So do you want make city massive fantastic location like Waterdeep/Sharn?

Paladin

Sonja

Alright well I've started the first game thread for Delta in NC-E System Solos (though he and any player can agree on different limits personally).  For background and OOC discussion I've put a thread in NC-E System Small Groups - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=31698.msg1690677#msg1690677

Doomsday

I've really wanted to do some DnD recently, but I'd prefer the sex to be freeform.

Sonja

Quote from: HPDDJ on March 07, 2009, 12:26:10 AM
I've really wanted to do some DnD recently, but I'd prefer the sex to be freeform.
That's fine.  Just follow the link above and hit me up with a character sheet at your leisure.  I have no problem running the sex freeform.

Doomsday

Quote from: Sonja on March 07, 2009, 07:38:31 AM
That's fine.  Just follow the link above and hit me up with a character sheet at your leisure.  I have no problem running the sex freeform.

I've got to get to work in a few, but when I get back I'll start. I was thinking a level 11 Wizard.

http://www.pathguy.com/cg4.htm

Pretty cool site that helps you generate a character, it works with many different versions of DnD (The link provided is for 4e).

Chloe Milev

I would be interested in this as soon as I'm approved.  I've done a tiny bit of 4ed and sex mechanics are always fun to play with.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Paladin

Umm Sonja, I will have a character done within a few days.

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Chloe Milev

Yay, I'm approved!  So if this continues, I can join in.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Lanzlo

Yeah, I'm interested in this as well. I don't have time right now to create a character and jump in, so I'll throw my hat in as interested, and take it from there.