Firefly/Serenity BASED RP -- interest check!

Started by Flaming Dead Man, May 27, 2012, 06:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaming Dead Man

Attributes are finished.  A character sheet thread will be up momentarily.  Please contact us (Sparrowhawke AND Flaming Dead Man) should any questions arise.
Wanderings (Updated 2013.08.21.)
(Check this forum for the posting list, as well.)

Partner Search Thread (Updated 2013.08.21.)

Flaming Dead Man

Flaming Dead Man

Due to the lack of activity, we suspect a lot of you has lost interest for one reason or another.

Could those still interested please make a post here?  Anything will do.

Thank you.

metamorphize

Sparrowhawke

metamorphize

If worse comes to worse, I don't suppose we could edit it A LOT so the three of us could manage a roleplay? Or you know, not. It's up to you guys. Just a silly suggestion.

Flaming Dead Man

It was something we've been considering, yes.  It'd just be a single thread, in that case, and we wouldn't put in the effort for the rest of the game info and such.

Good news is, you'd get to play as many characters as you wanted.  :P

CrazyIvan

I am still here just working on my character... almost done, but lost internet at my house for the entire day today...

Flaming Dead Man

It's all good.  Can understand complications like that. Must glad you're still with us.

CrazyIvan

tomorrow I can send you the prototype layout, which is mostly done just fine tuning some of the things about the character and the ship... but that can wait depending on how you might want to change or modify the game.

Flaming Dead Man

It should be okay.

We haven't discussed much about ship detail, yet.

I would like for there to be upgrades available, though, so we may do full stats on them and offer stat upgrades in the shop.  This is all up in the air, though.

Bobbacca

I'm still here.  I just haven't really figured out what I'm doing yet.  Slow is fine, so far as I'm concerned.  The rules are a lot to go over and absorb at once, so I'm just taking my time with it, since we're not ready to start yet anyhow. :)
"Well, I can be them probably as well as I can be you.  And of course, you can be you better than I can be you.  But if you're them and I'm you, everyone is thinking outside the box." -Tycho Celchu, Rebel Dream

metamorphize

I'm sure whatever manages to happen will be really awesome. That being said, is there anything I can do to help you guys? Other than get off my lazy butt and start working on my other character. :P

Flaming Dead Man

We'll let you know if there is, thank you.  <33

Really, just glad there's still interest.  ^^!

Don't feel rushed after we start, either.  It's designed to let y'all join whenever you want.  Was really just us being concerned that we were doing work while losing folks.  :P

So... Yeah.  xD

We'll continue on, and thanks.  Feel free to ask any questions about whatever it may be.  Or just poke at us for being slow.  :P

Either way, we just enjoy knowing you guys still exist.  xD

meowpiepanda

I've been very deer in headlights when it comes to making my character sheet sorry!  I am interested I just really don't know what I'm doing!  I have to really take the time to sit and read everything. 

Sorry for the inactivity.
Ons and Offs     A/A

Flaming Dead Man

No problem!

We may seem scary, but we're just GMs.  If you're unsure, the best thing you can do is fill out a tentative sheet and PM it to us.  We'll look at everything and let you know if anything needs fixing.  <3

If you're REALLY unsure, fill out the stuff like history and bio information (the kind of stuff that we can only help so much with) and we'll offer up some suggestions for attributes, skills, gear, etc. and you can decide whether they seem to fit your character.

But yes.  Either way, send what you have to us, bury us in questions, and we will answer them as clearly as we can so that things are a bit easier on you.  ^^

arkhos

Howdy!! I am new here, but would LOVE to get into a Serenity-setting game!

Is there still room?
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Flaming Dead Man

Absolutely.  ^^

Just take a good look around and note that we're currently not accepting captains; we want all ships (sans the small shuttles and such) to have their own thread, but we have to expand our ranks before we can accommodate everyone.  We do have occupations expanding far beyond crew, however, so such jobs as butcher or security guard are available to you.  :)

We're still in the process of building, so please take your time with character creation and don't hesitate to ask questions via PM or the OOC.

Other than that, feel free to toss ideas at us and hang out in the OOC thread.  ^^

Reia

I'm still interested - just have had a long weekend and not as much time as I'd hope for getting my character/ship ready. Will have it sometime this week. :)
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

Kate

im way interested i tried a firefly one before (made a mess of it- was one of the first threads here but now really do want to give it a proper go more maturely this time)

i have pm'd both gms my character concept

Kate

Whats the max value for a starting attribute that I can choose ?
is it 10 ? (and I can only get higher than that via assets etc ?)

Flaming Dead Man

The max starting value is 12, and you are correct.

Kate

ok, i think im getting a grips with the mechanics,
its taken me a while to grasp it. But i see the reason why it exists, and it is sensible for the objective
of the intended threads.

my char (with interest thread read) to follow shortly.

arkhos

First character submitted. Working on second now. ;)
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Kate

Ok,

Just submitted a draft of a hacker / security breaker character
(after submitting some attempts that proved i didnt read the skill point section etc).

Hopefully if I have not frustrated the GM's so much - and she is approved (fingers crossed)/
happy to be on either ship (who likes breaking into high security areas)