Canada's own version of George Jr.

Started by Dakfrost, October 05, 2012, 11:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

Hell yeah, vote for Mora!  Seriously, I agree with Moraline here.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Stattick

Quote from: Chris Brady on October 05, 2012, 02:36:37 PM
I have a question for you all, you do know that Bush Jr. was a Texas National Air Guard PILOT, right?  He flew F-102 fighter jets.  FIGHTER PLANES!

Not to mention that he's got an MBA under his belt.

He has a Master degree of Business Administration AND he flew fighter planes.  He can't be that stupid if he could do that!

So why do people think he was?  Was it because of his accent?  His slow manner of speech?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of his, but all this talk about him being stupid is confusing me.

Years of heavy drinking and coke use really tends to rot the brain. Seriously, watch some early footage of Bush Jr from back when he was running for governor for the first time. He was fairly articulate, able to use big words, had much better enunciation, and didn't stumble over his words anywhere nearly so often.
O/O   A/A

Chris Brady

Stattick, most politicians are...  I understand that substance abuse could mentally cripple you, believe me, this rooming house I am in, right now?  FULL OF THEM.  But Politicians in general are just out and out puppets and liars in it for a quick profit.

Mora has it right, though.  And I'd like to point something out, Politicians who have been in the 'system' (and in my opinion, part of the problem) GET a sense of entitlement.  They BELIEVE that because they've been there for years that THEY should lead.  This is not right.  KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL TO APPLY IT should be paramount.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Moraline

Quote from: Chris Brady on October 05, 2012, 07:04:05 PM
Hell yeah, vote for Mora!  Seriously, I agree with Moraline here.

Hehe.. Thanks, Chris.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chris Brady on October 05, 2012, 02:36:37 PM
I have a question for you all, you do know that Bush Jr. was a Texas National Air Guard PILOT, right?  He flew F-102 fighter jets.  FIGHTER PLANES!

Not to mention that he's got an MBA under his belt.

He has a Master degree of Business Administration AND he flew fighter planes.  He can't be that stupid if he could do that!

So why do people think he was?  Was it because of his accent?  His slow manner of speech?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of his, but all this talk about him being stupid is confusing me.

It is clear, sir, that you've never dealt with a Jet Fighter Pilot. As someone who has to clean up after them, fix the issues they find.. or show them how to turn on the radio because they missed a step on their check list.

I've seen good pilots.. I've seen meh pilots..and I've seen pilots that make me wake up on a flight in a cold sweat of terror wondering if 'Milhouse' the idiot from my first command got into commercial flights. (He had a Masters of Business Atrocities too by the way.. I wouldn't trust him to use a piddle pack right or understand how a radar altimeter worked.)

For the second.. I KNOW he doesn't. He kept trying to right it up for 'failure on approach'. The issue is is.. a Radar Alt (or radalt) runs at a range 1500 feet or so. It's a 'oh shit we're about to hit the ground warning. It's a beam from one under belly antenna to another.

Okay..here is the problem. When you are in the 'circuit' to a carrier landing, you are anywhere from 400 to 1200 feet off the deck and on approach you do a 'carrier brake' which is a 60 degree bank. Lt. 'Milhouse' was writing up that the Radalt lost lock in the 'brake'.

Care to tell me why that happened?

Dakfrost

Justin Trudeau is not fresh to the system, he was born in the system and was raised in the system. If ever there was a poster boy for entitlement it is him.

I would sooner have an 80 year old man that has had to fight his way to the top then a pompous 40 year old man child that had it handed to him on a silver platter any day.

Moraline

Quote from: Dakfrost on October 06, 2012, 12:42:32 AM
... then a pompous 40 year old man child that had it handed to him on a silver platter any day.

There you go again. Where do you get "pompous man child" from?

Does he sound that way in his speeches?
Did he say something to make you think this?

I've only ever heard him speak briefly and know what others have said. From what I understand he comes across as a normal average guy. Nothing pompous or spoiled sounding in anything that he says.

I think you just want to hate him so your projecting your own feelings onto him.

You have yet to give any evidence whatsoever to attribute any of these negative qualities to him. Give us some evidence to prove your justified in what you say.

I'm not saying that he isn't, I just have yet to see him be this horrible beastly spoiled brat of a person that you are making him out to be.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Dakfrost on October 06, 2012, 12:42:32 AM
Justin Trudeau is not fresh to the system, he was born in the system and was raised in the system. If ever there was a poster boy for entitlement it is him.

I would sooner have an 80 year old man that has had to fight his way to the top then a pompous 40 year old man child that had it handed to him on a silver platter any day.

Bold (mine) part:  Please show me ONE candidate in any of the recent elections (last 30 years) that have had to 'fight his way to the top', because for the life of me, I can't think of any.

They've either been lawmen of some sort (lawyers/judges), well to do Business types, or they were BORN into the system.

And you know what?  I take exception to Justin Trudeau being some sort of entitled politician's kid.  Until recently, he had VERY little exposure politically.

I mean, he's been in the news because he's a Trudeau, but he's not been lobbying for much of anything.  We've had more BS from Harper, Layton (may he rest in peace), Charest, Chretien, Copps, and all the other members of the three parties.

And I have NEVER voted Liberal.

I miss the Rhino Party...

Dakfrost

When you're running for the leadership of a party and eventually for the Prime Ministership of the country you need more credentials then a nice hair cut. How do you vote for somebody without a track record? Even since being elected, his credentials on important issues like the economy are largely non-existent.