Seeking Heroic Exalted-ness!

Started by Soulsemmer, March 11, 2006, 06:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamshard

Lol.

Soulsemmer, if you'll rather play Zenith, I could always play Night. That caste has always been a personal favourite of mine. I can whip up a heroic concept for it and definitely find it fun.  ;D
The wind hears all your secrets and whispers them unbidden

ONs and OFFs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4435.0

Dreamshard requested indefinite account restriction in August of 2006. She's still out, about and well as of 2009

Soulsemmer

Oh you will be baited.

But this time by manly charms and the promise of-

Oh hell, who am I kidding?!

*Boots in the rump.* "Stupid sorcerer! get your ass in the proverbial kitchen and make me a daiklave!"
"Come on now, who do you... who do you, who do you, who do you think you are? Ha ha ha! Bless your soul. You really think you're in control."

Soulsemmer

Well, I'm not sure yet. I'll have to look things over and think about it.

I mean, if I make another Zenith, i may as well recycle Zephrose. He was fun.
"Come on now, who do you... who do you, who do you, who do you think you are? Ha ha ha! Bless your soul. You really think you're in control."

Muse

::slaps knees and chortles.::  fUn stuff!  
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

All right, I think I'll be very liberal with EXP, so let's start small, with base charecter creation.  Dragon Blooded and god blooded can have 50 extra experience points to help them keep up, but that might not be enough. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

GoldenChild

Quote from: Soulsemmer on March 22, 2006, 07:49:42 AM
Well, yes. They are the "Brides" of Ahlat.

But don't touch them. If THEY don't kick your ass, Big Daddy A will.

Hmmm... but what a way to go, could be worth it... if you can convince them to actually break their oath (I picture myself an oath here at least).

My character is set to only us his hands is this a down side? I know Exalted is using the bashing/lethal/aggravated system in damage but are there ways to make my fist do more... potent damage, and can you use artefacts (gauntlets?) that works as a "magical weapon"?

Soulsemmer

Well, for Tiger MA you can use the Razorclaws artifact. It's a glove. With claws.

Jefepato

Quote from: GoldenChild on March 22, 2006, 08:00:41 AM
My character is set to only us his hands is this a down side? I know Exalted is using the bashing/lethal/aggravated system in damage but are there ways to make my fist do more... potent damage, and can you use artefacts (gauntlets?) that works as a "magical weapon"?

You won't do a lot of damage unarmed.  It can still work, but you might want a weapon.

The form weapons of Snake style are hook swords and seven-section staves.  You can use these weapons freely with Snake-style Charms, as if you were attacking unarmed (the exception is Essence Scales and Fangs Technique -- its offensive aspect doesn't affect form weapons).

Anyway, I think I'll be pitching the Twilight concept -- I can't make anything interesting out of it.  Instead I will play a DB, probably either a sorceress or ex-Immaculate.  50 XP doesn't seem like a lot, considering they got 111 in the other game, but I think I can make it work.
EDIT: Ignore anything I say about character concepts of any sort until I demonstrate some sort of capacity for making up my damn mind.

Hey, Muse, I assume you wouldn't let a Solar get away with taking the Sorcery background?

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Muse on March 22, 2006, 07:58:02 AM
All right, I think I'll be very liberal with EXP, so let's start small, with base charecter creation.  Dragon Blooded and god blooded can have 50 extra experience points to help them keep up, but that might not be enough. 
Quote from: Jefepato on March 22, 2006, 09:27:53 AM
You won't do a lot of damage unarmed.  It can still work, but you might want a weapon.

The form weapons of Snake style are hook swords and seven-section staves.  You can use these weapons freely with Snake-style Charms, as if you were attacking unarmed (the exception is Essence Scales and Fangs Technique -- its offensive aspect doesn't affect form weapons).

Anyway, I think I'll be pitching the Twilight concept -- I can't make anything interesting out of it.  Instead I will play a DB, probably either a sorceress or ex-Immaculate.  50 XP doesn't seem like a lot, considering they got 111 in the other game, but I think I can make it work.

Dammit! I was ONE post too late to suggest that I could play a DB :P. What sort of DB you tougthed to play? I thinked play straight militaristic Speardancing (Crimson Pentacle martial arts style) Fire Dragon aspected general graduated form House of Bells and hailing form house Cathak. Why he is out in whit solars? Well, he did not like nobles taking over the military and starting call the shots since empress disappeared, but I thinked as introduction one of the solars MUST beat his ass (I would like it would be a female/girl solar, so that it haves more impact to smolder down the guy's burning ego <<).

50 XP is quite little (when compare in longer term solars own DB), but if DM allows us to keep Dynasts bonuses (including the toys :D) while we both are renegades someway or other then it is OK I think. I of course firstly ask does DM allow me to have around three dots in command? To present he haves only his most trustable personall troops whit him (well, not ALWAYS whit him) and I also toughted the guy taked his guys from Vermillion Legion (yes, the rascal legion whit full of scarred badasses and the place humilitate missbehaving DB) and he had also worked there (to have of course my guys elite and so have SOME use against some massive mosnter threats and agaisnt undead hordes).

Muse

Hm...  I wouldn't mind artifacts or allies or sorcery for Dragon Blooded, but Comand would be a real pain to juggle, and would shape the campaing quite difretnly from a small group of exalts doing thier thing with maybe a half dozen retainers and friends. 

Muse

~_~;;  Sorcery background ofr a solar?  Should I even dignify that with a reply?  :p 

Jefepato

Yes, you should.

I mean, I knew the answer would almost certainly be no, but Cult Solars get Sorcery so it's not that farfetched.  (Of course, Cult Solars get a lot of other obnoxiously powerful crap, but still.)

Zaer Darkwail

Okay, the command can work as show how many personall retainers + ordinary guards/bodyguards are in mansion, which is actually a manse which is surrounded by mansion actually ;). I thinked my most powerfull cosntant companions are from the allies background, I thinked take two other 'lesser' DB lieutenants which GM can control time to time. I toughted that msot cases I do not have more than 100 (or slightly over) retainers which also include number of guards in the manse (this covers basically that I do not need guard the manse CONSTANTLY and also the manse is taked car eoff until anything exalted plans bust in).

Muse

Hm...  Actauly, if cult solars get it, and you can come up wiht a really good reason for it to be in your background, I'd might as well allow it. 

Zaer, what would a dragon blooded with a hundred loyal legionaries and two loyal dragon blooded be doing running around with a bunhc of Solars? 

Zaer Darkwail

I just told in the first post; He got MORE pissed off whit the dynast houses taking over the legions after empress disappeared and started use legionaires for personall use than actually sending the guys DEAL whit old threats like barbarian hordes in north and do Wyld Hunts etc. I toughted that in first encounter my char faces off a solar in one vs one, in real combat but like we all know, DB cannot survive rulewise (or even storywise most cases) alone in combat whit solar.

So my char must be beated in personall combat (I do not pull punches but I do not use ALL my nasty charms to make more certain my char loses) and then surprisingly face a fact that the solar does not KILL him and rather spares his life because surprisingly they both share same view how protect the people in the Threshold (and so my char starts move whit solars and support their clearly heroic goals). We can freeform the whole combat sequence to make certain he does not accidentally win or come real deathstrike because of luck whit the dices.

I thinked play a Paragon characther, whit basic of warrior honor combined whit protector warlord concept.

GoldenChild

Ok, so my dawn character needs a weapon too... I would guess a staff would be the weapon that fits the concept best... sure a sword might also do the trick of course ;)... hmmm decisions, decisions...

Jefepato

Don't worry, Muse.  I definitely won't take it above 3 (at Sorcery 4+, Cult Solars can get Celestial spells, which terrifies me), and I'll probably end up with some amount of the Past Lives merit in order to make more sense of it.

Muse, is it okay if I use the fixed-up Brawl Charms I posted in Dreamstones & Firedust?  (I probably won't start with anything beyond Ferocious Jab, though.)  Also: did I ever send you my suggested changes for Medicine Charms?  The Solar Medicine tree as written is, as you may have noticed, a bit clunky.

GoldenChild, your best bet is probably the seven-section staff (or better yet, its artifact version, the serpent-sting staff).  Unfortunately, there's no artifact version of hook swords in any of the books, as far as I know.

Muse

Artifact rating four in castebook night for the hook swords. 

I'm a bit leary of house brawl charms after reactions I've got from them in the past.  Though I do like the Brawl tree and enjoy seeing it expanded and revised. 

Zaer, I think that idea would work with a Harborhead in Revolution concept, but let me read a bit more on House of the Bull God before I see if that concept will work.  Golden Child's charecter might be from the Realm or a heavily colonized Satrapy, and would thus lend himself to a revolution theme as well. 

Soulsemmer

I'm half tempted to make a traditional ninja-type.

Yes, black pajamas and all.

Jefepato

The hooked daiklaves of dual prowess aren't quite standard artifact hook swords, but they would work, I guess.

Quote from: Muse on March 22, 2006, 09:25:42 PM
I'm a bit leary of house brawl charms after reactions I've got from them in the past.  Though I do like the Brawl tree and enjoy seeing it expanded and revised.

Well, you can see the Charms I posted, but I doubt it matters for this game.  The character I'm working on now only has Ferocious Jab.  Expect sheet/backstory submission tonight or tomorrow (although the story may need tweaking depending on where the group ends up).

GoldenChild

The serpent-sting staff... alright... I guess he got it from his mentor. Well there isn't very much I feel I need to ask at the moment... next thing would be character making.

So we are getting ourself a ninja in the group... personally you should have a white pajamas... all good ninjas dress in white as the bad ones dress in black (so you can tell them apart ;)).

Soulsemmer

Pfft. White Pajamas are for Abyssal Ninja so they can sneak about in the Day!

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Muse on March 22, 2006, 09:25:42 PM
Zaer, I think that idea would work with a Harborhead in Revolution concept, but let me read a bit more on House of the Bull God before I see if that concept will work.  Golden Child's charecter might be from the Realm or a heavily colonized Satrapy, and would thus lend himself to a revolution theme as well. 

Ok, but can you tell me more about the 'revolution' concept? My char is legionaire troughouly and he still pays his respect to his own house, Cathak, but thanks in his outburst in the parade where the houses got legions trapped in lose-lose situation have made my chars OTHER relations strained at very best. But I toughted my char haves only connections to Threshold, House of Bells (the military academy), Vermillion Legion and house Cathak. Reason why he was lefted to leave in first place was because he was somesort national hero during that time, so striking him down while he promptly walked out from the Blessed Isle would have caused chain reaction which would have been too costly to endure in long term (so political reasosn spared him in that day, but now after years of that day he is now open for ANY house afflicted assassination but problem is that he have digged deep into Threshold area where Dynasts have little to none influence).

Anycase I toughted also take reputation into 4, so he would be generally well known figure in Blessed Isle and also bit in Threshold.

GoldenChild

So... are we to do our characters first before the game is created or after?

Muse

I think I'm at the point now where I can play game creation off of charecters, so go ahead and create, or bounce ideas off of me.