Goffman's Academy (Katimae & Trypoq)

Started by Trypoq, July 14, 2010, 02:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trypoq

"The Oriff Goffman Academy is well known for it's excellence in students. It has been so for the last 300 years since it was founded by Oriff Goffman himself. This year is also a special one, Dr. Warburton is now succeeding the past Headmaster after 50 years of impeccable labor..."

This old lady wouldn't shut up. She had droned for the past 15 minutes about pretty much every single detail there existed regarding this place. I had to resist the urge to ditch the small group of 6 new students and wander off by myself. After all, I wouldn't be needing any tour. I already knew the dorms and my classrooms. The dinosaur then noticed my boredom and looked at me as if announcing she would keep an eye on me.

"Any questions?" she asked, and after a few mumbled 'no' she added "Then I shall leave you to explore freely the place and get to know the others. You should all be in your dormitories in an hour. Tomorrow will be your first day of class." and left.

forgetmenot

Shelly mumbled "Thank God" under her breath, but assumed a few students heard her by the way they turned and looked. She simply raised her eyebrows and met their stares.
She'd never really cared much what other people thought of her.

This place, she'd decided, was the closest thing to hell on earth that she'd ever seen. She looked quickly about the other students, most were pee-ons who she wouldn't spare another glance. One boy though, seemed just as bored as she was. She narrowed here eyes appraisngly and studied him for a while. He was good looking she supposed, in an abercrombie and fitch kind of preppy way.
Not usually her thing.

She sighed to herself and all but resigned herself to her fate. A boring year.
She began following the other students out into the hall.

A/A-

Trypoq

I took a chance too look around at the other students. They all had the same look of newborns in awe. Pathetic. All except a girl who seemed to be eying me for just a second. Out of the other 2 girls she looked the best. My mind was already clicking it's ideas, but I ignored it. After all, it was my first day here. Most of the old students were out of sight, probably in the dorms. I decided to walk around for a bit. I had to admit, the place was enormous and looked neat, like a castle. Even so, I knew I would probably leave this place soon if things got too boring. I knew my ways of getting expelled. Soon enough I found myself disoriented and a bit lost. I still saw people here and there so I didn't worry too much. I sat down on the edge of a water fountain containing statues of half naked gods.

'Let's see what my gods bring upon me' I thought, chuckling at the idea. I guess 'I'll soon find out.'

forgetmenot

Shelly pushed through the doors that lead to the courtyard. She couldn't stand to be inside anymore. She'd be trapped there soon enough. She had an hour before she had to be in her dorm, and damn it, she was going to use it. She started down the stairs, and then she saw him. The same kid from the lecture, sitting at the water fountain. She stopped in her tracks for just a moment, and thought about turning around and going back inside. She had too much pride for that, so she continued down the steps at a leisurely pace then came to stand infront of him, casting a shadow over him.

"Friend or Foe?" She asked, only half joking.

A/A-

Trypoq

I looked up at the face of the one who had intruded my peace. It was the hot girl from before. I thought for a moment staring at her eyes trying to study her.

"Depends." I said briefly averting my eyes from her seeming bored. "Seth Snider" I said extending my hand.

forgetmenot

She tried to hold back a smirk, but took his hand and shook it. "Shelly Morris" she said in return.
"So Seth, what does your status as friend or foe depend on?" She sat next to him, clearly amused, and hoping for some more friendly banter.
She looked around, shielding her eyes from the sun and finally laying on her back with her head towards the Seth kid.
It was hot enough to make her want to be in Air Conditioning, but not hot enough to make her actually go in. She loved the outdoors. Laying there, she closed her eyes like his answer really didn't mean anything to her, but she was secretly dying to know.

A/A-

Trypoq

I looked at her closely now inching forward to level face to face. She was trying to make small talk, which I really didn't enjoy. But, hell, At leas she was trying to be friendly.
"It depends on which side you decide to stay in."

I leaned back again and made myself comfortable. "You see those guys?" I asked, motioning towards the stray students that roamed the arched hallways, "they are trash. Are you trash?"

forgetmenot

Shelly sat up on her elbows and looked at the guys in question, then looked over her shoulder at Seth.
"Well that depends I suppose," she said matter of factly, "what makes them so trashy?"
She sat up completely, ready to not get along with him so well if his answer wasn't something she wanted toe hear.
She knew though, just by looking at them, that they weren't the kind of idiots she'd normally choose to hang out with.

She pushed her light blonde hair out of her face and behind her ear. She really hoped she'd find a comrade in Seth, someone to
cut through the dull life that was being at the academy.

A/A-

Trypoq

"It's just there. You look at them, talk to them, and you just notice they are no one." I waited a few seconds before I added "I wouldn't expect you to understand, though." I looked away again, into the fuzzy water from the fountain. I was being purposely rude with Shelly. I had seen immediately from the moment I first saw her that she wasn't trash. Actually I felt connected to her in some way, as if she reminded me of myself.

I figured since I'm going to be stuck in this hellhole I might as well try to keep her on my good side.

forgetmenot

"Hmmm," shelly mused, "Then no, I suppose I'm not trash."
She smiled over at him, deciding that this would be a much better way to pass the majority of her days
at the Academy.
"So Seth" she said slowly"What's your story? Why were you exiled for the year? Did you kill a family pet? Set the drapes on fire?"
She chuckled as she spoke, and hoped he knew she was kidding.
He really was good looking, she decided...not that it mattered with the Academys super strict rules about Co-Ed interactions.
If she put her mind to it though, she could probably find a way around almost all the 'rules' here.

A/A-

Trypoq

The question caught me offguard. I couldn't help the feeling of sadness that sweeped over me. I recomposed my face fast enough.

"The girls from my place wouldn't leave me alone. They would stalk me to my house by the dozens. I decided to seek safety inside a school prison."

Usually, if someone dared intrude in my personal business they regretted it. Still, I shrugged it off I needed to start anew. Besides, I couldn't really be mad next to Shelly. She was like light. I got up and took a few steps away. I didn't like being in the same place for long. I looked back over my shoulder. "Coming?" I asked, motioning her to come walk with me.

forgetmenot

Quote from: Trypoq on July 14, 2010, 10:45:30 PM

"The girls from my place wouldn't leave me alone. They would stalk me to my house by the dozens. I decided to seek safety inside a school prison."

Shelly couldn't stop the smile from creeping over her face at his words. She knew he was being sarcastic, and sarcasm was just her cup of tea.

When he got up to leave, she expected to stay there. She certainly wasn't going to invite herself, or appear needy, but then he asked if she was coming.
A small blush creeped into her cheeks and she stood up, "I've got nothing better to do" she said  casually and walked to his side.
She didn't know about him, but she hadn't really explored the campus aside from the silly tour they were just given. She had no idea where they were going.

A/A-

Trypoq

We walked for a while in silence. I wasn't really nervous- I just didn't know what to say. She didn't either, apparently.

"What's your crime?" I asked. "Not that it's any of my business."
I said it wasn't but for some reason I felt like it was. It was that feeling again, the one that made me feel connected to her. It was strange, I usually didn't go as deep with girls. I usually didn't meet interesting people either. I wondered if her parents were divorced as well. She didn't look like a rich brat, though. She looked like a closed off person, not really inviting. I wished I made up my mind about her. My head was filling up with possibilities. Time would tell.

forgetmenot

Shelly shrugged as they walked along,"Nothing too interesting" She admitted.
"My grandmother doesn't like me too much," she said looking over at him.
"I've never fit into the role of debutante and she's never gotten me to wear a dress in my life. It's just not me, and I stick by what I am."
She looked at him for a moment and paused in her walking, feeling like she owed him a better explanation than that.
"My parents died when I was 10...Gran kind of just got settled with me, neither one of us wanted it, but it wasn't as if we had other options."
She continued walking, feeling a little better now that her family drama was out of the way.
"Now that you know my whole life story..." she joked and that beautiful smile creeped across her face again.

"So all those girls...you don't think you'll attract a new cult following here?"

A/A-

Trypoq

"They might" I joked on. I really wasn't in the mood to open up even more drama. I was surprised yet again by her outburst of honesty.

"I'm really sorry about your parents..." I added, feeling obligated. "My parents... well" I really wasn't in the mood to open up even more drama. "I don't even want to talk about it."
I continued walking leaving the subject at that. I could see now why I felt connected to her. I was also glad I got to know her past.

"Where would you like to go?" I asked, forcing the conversation to end.

forgetmenot

I let the subject drop about his parents, but I knew I'd eventually find out what was up.
When he asked me where I wanted to go, I looked around and didn't really know even where we were in relation to the rest of the school.
Instead of admitting ignorance, I purred out "Surprise Me".
I felt a silly grin cheese across my face and I looked over at him expectantly.

The breeze blew, and though it was hot, it was a welcome burst of air.
"To be honest," I finally admitted, "I don't know the grounds that well."

((switched to 1st person, hope you don't mind))

A/A-

Trypoq

((I guess we never decided on it. Should we?))
"I could surprise you, but we would be expelled" I teased. "I don't know where we are either, I just go wherever the wind takes me..." Which was ironic because I couldn't feel that much wind. We had already crossed the cluster of buildings where most of my classes were given. I could see some other random buildings I deduced belonged to sports and arts. I just followed my instincts and continued along a small brick and dirt path. It went farther into a small forest at what had to be the edge of the school-grounds. I hadn't realized how big this place was. We were probably going to be in trouble for going out this far. I couldn't care less, old miss boredom told us to explore. It was getting late, too. "I hope your not afraid of a little adventure" I said with half a grin "or perhaps we should return to our dorms..."

forgetmenot

I laughed at Seth's teasing. "I, dear sir, am always up for an adventure", I said in a silly voice.
I looked around, I'd always been so comfortable in nature. I suppose I was looking more for a place to come when I needed to escape from the drones at the Academy. This would be perfect with the thick shrubbery and dense treelines.
I looked over at my companion and smiled, I was so glad we were getting on well.
"We're probably about off of school grounds I'd think..." she paused to gage his reaction. "What do you have planned?"

A/A-

Trypoq

I let out a smirk. My mind had planned all sorts of thing, being out here in the middle of nowhere, but I vowed not to do something stupid or loose control. I wondered if she really was all in. She didn't look like it.

"I don't think were out of school-bounds yet. Look there." A little farther there was a round clearing. It was surrounded by trees in a way that almost no sunlight went in, only a few rays of light that landed on a wooden archway enlaced by vines that stood on the entrance. The clearing had white delicate benches that sat all around. I looked like it was taken out from The Lord of the Rings. I looked back at Shelly to see her impression as we walked in. I was pretty impressed myself.

forgetmenot

My eyes lit up, I could literally feel them get bigger. My breath caught in my throat. "This..This is amazing" I sighed.
I walked past him and into the center of the clearing. This place was amazing. "I wonder if it's still used." I said as more of a question than a statement.
There was energy there, I could feel it like a wave pulsing around us. I looked to Seth to see what, if anything he was feeling. I usually didn't get that excited about much...well anything, but this was the perfect spot for me to hide away. Absolutely perfect.

A/A-

Trypoq

It was amazing, but I wasn't really thinking about the place, I was thinking about Shelly. The relaxing light I felt from her was even greater. I felt my lips moving into a smile. Perhaps being in this place wouldn't be so bad after all. Shelly was looking all around like trying to absorb everything and looked happier than ever. I needed to make this moment special, I decided. This place filled me with feelings indescribable. Could this be what cheesy movies always described? I never thought about it. I had lived in a world where love was a lie. A mask. I would go for it. This would settle things between us. Friend or foe? I was about to find out.
I made a small step towards her but a twig snapped, bringing me back to earth. 
'What the hell were you thinking?' I felt confused. I looked at my watch and felt a pang of horror. I could have sworn we had more time. Only 5 minutes left until the hour was over! How the hell did that happen?
"Um... Shelly? Do you know what time it is?"

forgetmenot

Quote from: Trypoq on July 15, 2010, 03:57:35 PM
It was amazing, but I wasn't really thinking about the place, I was thinking about Shelly. The relaxing light I felt from her was even greater. I felt my lips moving into a smile. Perhaps being in this place wouldn't be so bad after all. Shelly was looking all around like trying to absorb everything and looked happier than ever. I needed to make this moment special, I decided. This place filled me with feelings indescribable. Could this be what cheesy movies always described? I never thought about it. I had lived in a world where love was a lie. A mask. I would go for it. This would settle things between us. Friend or foe? I was about to find out.
I made a small step towards her but a twig snapped, bringing me back to earth. 
'What the hell were you thinking?' I felt confused. I looked at my watch and felt a pang of horror. I could have sworn we had more time. Only 5 minutes left until the hour was over! How the hell did that happen?
"Um... Shelly? Do you know what time it is?"

I was looking up at the trees above and just soaking in the fresh air, when he asked me about the time. It was starting to get dark, but I was hesitant to leave this place.
"Does it really matter to you Seth, what time it is?"
I couldn't understand why he was such a rebel before, but now seemed like he couldn't wait to get back. "Did I..did I do something wrong?" I asked.
It's best to be straight forward and get these things out of the way. Gran always told me that I was too blunt, to straight forward, but it never failed me before.

A/A-

Trypoq

"Just being a gentleman..." The truth was, I was actually looking forward spending time with Shelly. I wasn't really decided in leaving the Academy just yet. At least not without Shelly.

Staying at the clearing was tempting as hell. After all, I was the one urging her to do something out of place. On the other hand, my intuition was telling me get back soon. There was something strange about the place. And I was getting hungry.
"Well come back anytime later. Unless you wanna stay and sleep here, I don't mind. I'll even accompany you."

forgetmenot

I couldn't help but smile at that offer. As much as I wanted to stay here, under the stars and out in the clean air, I didn't trust myself...or him to spend the night together, yet.
I took one last longing glance around the clearing, and nodded my head, "Alright, let's get back" I sighed.
Looking at Seth, I wondered how many future nights, if any, we would spend curled up together in this clearing, with the thick air swirling around us.
What the hell was that all about, I scolded myself,Definitely not thoughts you should be entertaining right about now.
Suddenly, I realized that in a few short minutes, I would be without my only friend on campus. Left to fend for myself with all the craziness that was sure to be the girls dorm.
"What room are you in?" I asked, hoping that if I really had to get out of this place, I would be able to convince him to come. Travelling the world alone is one thing, but travelling the world alone when you were a 16 year old girl, was just stupid.

A/A-

Trypoq

The dormitories were separated by gender. The girl's dorms were opposite to the boys's and separated by the main buildings. They were also considerably new since this was an all boys school up until about 50 years ago. That much I cared to research. I had only gone to my room once, some hours before the tour. I had thrown my belongings in a corner and left without even taking as much as a glance at my room-mate. I had been thoroughly pissed at the world. Still am.

"My room's number is 245B" which meant that I was in the left wing of the second floor.

I was walking a little rushed, not really knowing why. We quickly reached the main path that led to the classroom buildings. We were already 10 minutes late.
It felt a bitt odd, rushing to get to the dorms. Maybe she would think I just wan't to get rid of her, but I didn't mind.

"I'll see you soon. I hope." I said stopping suddenly where the pathway parted ways.