News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A Soul's Travels (JessicaHouse x okintsukoro)

Started by okintsukoro, September 10, 2019, 12:10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JessicaHouse

Zaruk gave a nod. "You flatter me, stranger." The way he said it made it sound mysterious, distant, perhaps even a little cold. In truth, Zaruk's mind had already been racing to think of a number of different solutions to Alden's problem. So much so that he forgot that Alden had just told him his name.

Zaruk brought the box over to one of the tables and lifted from underneath the table a jar full of a clear liquid. When he opened the jar, the smell of preserving juices filled the air. He dropped the cockatrice's body into the preservation jar and sealed it shut.

Abir pulled up one of his brother's pillows and sat down on the floor next to his bed.

Zaruk grabbed Abir's arm, pulled him to his feet again, and lightly smacked him with the pillow he'd just been sitting on. "Transfiguration potion, you say? And need a cure for it... hmm..." Zaruk scratched his chin through the cloth covering the lower half of his face. "What did you do? Transform people into animals?"

okintsukoro

"...close. Monsters," Alden admitted, quickly side-stepping the fact that the people were children. "Is it doable, with the right ingredients?"

He couldn't help but chuckle a bit upon seeing Abir get smacked by the pillow. Sometimes a little childish fun was all he needed to ease his nerves a little.

JessicaHouse

Zaruk nodded as he listened to Alden, then, when Alden was finished, he said, "Indeed it is possible, but there is something I need in order to brew such a potion."

Zaruk turned from them and to a stack of scrolls on a shelf nearby. He started digging through them, occasionally unrolling one to look at it, giving a displeased expression, then rolling it back up and shoving it back on the shelf. After much searching, he finally found what he was looking for, as evidenced by his audible, "Aha!"

He brought out one of the scrolls and unrolled it, revealing that it was a map, onto which he'd drawn some of his own symbols. The meanings of some were fairly obvious; certain kinds of flowers could be found in certain places, or certain types of animals. Others were far stranger, possibly representing some form of magic associated with the place.

"Here!" he said, pointing to a symbol of an ox's head up in a tall mountain range.

Abir stood on his tiptoes and craned his neck to try to see what Zaruk was pointing at.

"The great snow yak of this area... I need its tongue for the potion. All the other ingredients I have here, but if you can get me the tongue of the great snow yak I can make the potion that will cure those you've transformed."

okintsukoro

Alden walked closer to get a good look at the map, his green eyes scanning over the area to see where it was in relation to their current location.

"Great Snow Yak... very well. Should be simple enough. It looks to be a bit ways away however. It may take some time before I'm able to find my way back. Then again, you are a nomadic tribe. Finding you again is already a troublesome task."

JessicaHouse

"Not troublesome for those of us who know the way," said Abir, raising his index finger as if he'd just discovered something important. "Therefore I will go with you, my love. We will travel to the mountains together and we will hunt this great snow yak side by side. Once we have found it and taken what we need, I will guide you back to my people's camp. We always follow certain paths when we travel."

okintsukoro

Alden quirked an eyebrow upon hearing Abir offer his services as a guide. "Not to be inconsiderate, your highness, but would you be suited for such a journey? Not to mention, I'd prefer not to be held responsible if something treacherous were to come across the path."

He could already imagine the sort of retribution his family would invoke upon him if they found out Abir went with him and was so much as injured on Alden's watch.

JessicaHouse

Abir broke into a fit of laughter, holding under his solar plexis as the laughter hurt his ribs.

Zaruk chuckled as well and gave Alden a gentle nod of his head.

"I'm sorry..." Abir said between fits of laughter. "Am I suited for a journey? Ha!" He laughed again. "Oh, my sweet, you are the funniest man in all the world, I swear! Asking the prince of a nomadic tribe if he is suited for a journey." Abir wiped a tear from his eye and fought to stop his laughter. "Alden, my love, you need not worry about me. I am well-suited to all sorts of travel. As for dangers that might befall us, well, one does not survive as a traveling band of merchants carrying fifty kings' ransoms among them without many a serious warrior. Every member of this tribe is trained with all manner of weapons, especially the princes."

okintsukoro

"Is that right... and what do you specialize in, if I may ask?" Alden inquired, folding his arms. "And would you consider yourself a hunter of sorts?"

Already he was trying to plan out the travel in his mind, his eyes glancing back to the map. He was a bit unfamiliar with that particular area. There didn't seem to be many paths in the mountain range fit for a carriage. Not to mention, he had never attempted to capture a 'great snow yak' before. More likely than not, he will have to learn where it frequents.

And then the process of obtaining the tongue. He suppose if Abir insisted on coming along, it's possible the prince knew a bit more about hunting animals than Alden did. But if this yak turned out to be more 'monster' than 'run-of-the-mill animal', he would have to figure out how subdue it. Sending out Vitae would be a last resort, as he knew that even if the were-cat could get the job done, there would be plenty parts of the yak that might become too torn to become useful parts, pelts that could be ruined.

He would have to figure out what sort of potions he could concoct that could be of use.

JessicaHouse

"I'm an archer," Abir said, proudly, pushing his chin up and folding his arms. "One of the best. I've been training with a bow as long as I can remember." He rolled back his sleeve and flexed his arm, revealing that while it was not large, it was strong. Wiry, defined muscles revealed themselves. "Take a look at that. I may be pretty, but I am not frail, my love."

Abir was well-aware of how he came off to most people. Feminine. Soft. And he didn't mind that at all. In fact, he'd played up many of his softer features for the sake of appearing more beautiful. He'd tried more masculine looks before, but they never seemed to fit his facial structure. What was more, the Fullarrow people couldn't grow beards, mustaches, or any kind of facial hair.

"I'm not a hunter in the sense of tracking," he said. "My archery is mostly to protect us against bandits and predators. But, if we spot something you need me to shoot I can surely get it."

okintsukoro

"Hmm..." Alden seemed to ignore Abir's bragging in favor of mulling over the facts. "...I suppose that could work. I'd need time to think on it."

He rubbed his pale white chin before glancing back up at Abir. "And your father will agree to letting you go off with a stranger? Though I've already garnered a bad reputation with others, I'd rather not have a bad reputation with this tribe."

JessicaHouse

Abir proudly nodded. "My father trusts me to make my own decisions."

Zaruk chuckled. "More like he doesn't really care what happens to any of us as long as Sahin is safe."

Abir rolled his eyes. "Must you always be such a cynic?"

Zaruk blinked twice and flatly said, "Yes."

okintsukoro

After a few pensive moments mulling over his decisions, he glanced back over at the map before letting out a sigh.

"Very well. I'll allow you to accompany me. This means I'll be staying at the camp longer than I had intended, but... I suppose that's a small price to pay. As soon as Vitae returns from hunting, I will make preparations to leave for the trip."

He then looked towards Abir. "I'm not planning on waiting for you, so if you want to come along, you'd best be ready to go by the time I am."

JessicaHouse

"Absolutely," said Abir with a slight bow of his head. "I promise I'll be ready when it's time to go. Umm... have you considered where you will stay until it's time to leave?"

Zaruk rolled his eyes. "Abir, if you're trying to flirt with this man please do so outside my tent. I have no time for such nonsense."

Abir blushed, "Oh, yes... sorry," and hurried out of Zaruk's tent, holding up the flap for Alden's exit as well.

okintsukoro

Alden shook his head upon hearing Zaruk's comment, nodding gratefully to the man before turning to leave with Abir.

"And if that's you're way of inviting me to stay in your tent, I'm afraid I'll have to decline. I've let you have your way in several ways, but I draw the line at being allowed near me when I would be sleeping," he told the golden-haired prince as he started to make his way back towards Abir's tent. However, he couldn't help but slow down once again once they reached the musicians and dancers.

JessicaHouse

"Umm..." Abir blushed. "I want to be clear about something. I'm not trying to make love to you, Alden." Abir's tone and face were serious, a rare thing for the prince. "I know you're going to leave, and it's forbidden for my people to have... you know... relations with someone who's not going to stay with them for life. So... I swear I'm not taking advantage of you."

The young prince shrugged. "In any event, though, if you don't want to stay with me, that's fine, of course." He tried to play it off as if he didn't care that Alden wanted to be elsewhere, but he knew that at the heart of that refusal was the fact that Alden didn't trust him. As much as he tried to hide it, that stung Abir to his core.

okintsukoro

"Fair enough," was all the man seemed to want to say on the matter. However, he did eventually stop to witness the performances of the entertainers, as if something about them was making him ponder.

At one point, back when his travelling entourage was less well-known, he used to be prideful of his collection, showing it to all who had the same curiosity and wonder he had.

But that was before they became scared of him.

Now he had to enter villages and towns under the cover of night, only going to mostly seedy places to buy the things he required to keep him and his monsters surviving.

He wasn't sure why he was thinking of it now, but seeing the performers only made him yearn for the days when he could freely show his collection to the curious masses.

JessicaHouse

Abir stopped when he realized Alden had halted to watch the performers and listen to the music. At first, Abir thought that Alden had stopped to admire the dancing girls, who were quite beautiful. But the look in his eyes was not one of a man who was lusting after dancers. No, it was more nostalgic, thoughtful. Abir wanted to ask Alden what he was thinking, but Alden had already rejected his attempts to get that close a number of times before.

So, Abir reached out his hand to Alden and said, "Want to dance with me?"

okintsukoro

Alden seemed  completely out of it, and only barely took note of Abir offering out a hand when he spoke. His eerie green eyes slowly  glanced over to look at the hand, before looking up at Abir's hopeful expression.

The collector looked between Abir and his hand a few times before eventually putting on something of a gentle yet still charismatic smirk. His black-gloved hand reached out to take Abir's in his grasp, squeezing it ever so slightly as if pondering something.

"Perhaps...on one condition," he murmured, looking from their hands back to Abir's face. In a smooth motion, the white cloak jingled as his other arm came to wrap around Abir's waist, moving forward to gently dip Abir backward as Alden's face hovered over his.

"...I lead. Deal?" he asked softly, maintaining faint smirk on his pale white face.

JessicaHouse

Abir's grin was almost ear to ear at Alden's suggestion. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

The two of them danced to the music the minstrels played. At the moment, the song was fast, so they moved in time with the music. Abir followed Alden's every move, stealing a moment to gaze into his love's eyes whenever he could. His heart raced with excitement every time Alden dipped him or twirled him. Few thrills were as wonderful as dancing with the one he loved.

okintsukoro

Alden's body was practically on autopilot as he danced. His movements were fluid, quick and precise. He wasn't sure how long it had been since he had properly danced, whether it be with someone else or as part of an extravagant way to show off his collection. But the moment he did, he started to remember just how much he loved it.

His gestures were grand, getting more fancy the further he went along, twirling and dipping Abir all the while.

As the song ended, he had his knee bent with Abir in a very low dip, careful to hold him aloft as best as he could. His breathing had quickened along with his heartrate. As he panted quietly, his eyes looked upon Abir's face.

He still felt nothing strong towards this man, despite his beauty. But somehow he knew that Abir was helping him in re-discovering feelings he had forgotten he had once had. Feelings of wanting to be seen, to share his passions with those who would care to listen.

Pant. Pant.

He took in a deep breath, slowly righting the nomadic prince back onto his feet as he also took the time to  dust himself off and brush down some wrinkles that appeared in his clothing from such an active performance.

JessicaHouse

The song came to an end and Abir made one final spin before coming to a stop himself. "You dance divinely," he said with a grin.

The musicians started to play again, but this time it was a slow, romantic tune. Abir looked at them, then at Alden, and blushed. "Umm... we don't have to dance to this one... if you don't want to."

Truly, there was nothing that would have pleased him more than dancing to this song with his dear Alden, but he realized, based on some things Alden was saying, that he was likely coming on too strong. He thought it better, for the time being, not to push things too hard.

okintsukoro

"Heh... admittedly, it's been a while. I wasn't sure if I still could," he confessed, just before he heard the slow song. He slowly glanced over at Abir when it started playing, rolling his eyes when Abir was making an attempt to wave it off.

Alden sighed. "Your highness... I may not feel as strongly as you do... but a dance is a dance. And I'll be honest: I can't remember the last time I've enjoyed myself like that." He offered Abir a weak smile. "Not to mention, since we're still waiting on Vitae to return, we're not in a rush to get ready just yet."

JessicaHouse

A blush still burning upon his cheeks, Abir offered his hand to Alden again. "Umm... then you may lead me again," he said, trying to force his giddy smile to hide itself. He was about to slow dance with Alden. He could think of few things more romantic off the top of his head. Well, few things that Alden might actually go for, anyway. For slow dances, Abir mostly knew the traditional dances of his people, but he had learned a few foreign steps as well from visitors to the camp. He hoped he'd be able to follow Alden's instructions well enough.

Standing so close to the man now, their bodies so close to touching that Abir could swear he felt a magnetic pull between them, he took in Alden's scent. The scent of a strong man who worked hard and feared nothing. It was intoxicating. How could Alden really expect that Abir wouldn't fall so desperately in love with him?

okintsukoro

Alden sighed, looking to see that Abir was already offering out his hand. It was both entertaining and annoying how deeply in love this man had fallen for him. He gently took Abir's right hand in his own, his other gently resting on his hip as he led the prince into a simple waltz.

"I'm a bit rusty, but this is the simplest slow dance I know. Just move along with me. When I move forward, you move back, and vice versa," he informed the golden-haired man quietly.

The collector seemed to smell of some faint fumes, probably residual from his potion making, as well as a light scent of a cat, most likely from being around Vitae. But all that was also covered up by the fact he was wearing the white, jangling cloak, which probably smells more like Abir's incense and perfumes than anything.

Alden still wasn't sure how this man could've easily fallen for him. It was then he recalled what Zaruk had said.

"So...you were afraid of commitment? And you really think that after everything you've learned about me today, you want to take such a big step as to declare who you love? A crush, perhaps, but... I was always under the impression that love was earned, not given so freely," Alden admitted.

JessicaHouse

"Love... earned?" Abir raised his eyebrow at the comment, then gave a sad, pitying look. "That's such a sad thing to say... When you were a child, did your parents make you earn their love?"

Abir's heart stung at the thought. Why should a child have to do great things for his father and mother to say they love him, or even that they were proud of him? Love was not earned, in his mind, it was mysterious how exactly it formed. But when it did form it was freely given.

Yes, that was the way to say it.

"I've always thought of love as freely given. And I've given you my heart."