Guardians of the Pharaoh (Closed)

Started by TheKhan, October 09, 2018, 09:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKhan

Death claimed Pharaoh Akhenisis! She began her journey west from the land of the living to the land of the dead, while you journeyed with her. You were but a lowly servant of the living goddess, but you were honored to accompany the Pharaoh into the afterlife.

Though your lungs still draw breath, the mortuary priests metaphorically snuffed out your life through ritual and symbol. Culturally, you are dead, your family mourned you even as they celebrated the final glory Akhenisis placed upon your brow. You will serve the Pharaoh in the hereafter and will never return home.

Briefly, you dwelt in Arcadia, the home of the Netjer gods your people have worshiped for millennia, but you are a servant, and luxury is not your lot. Soon enough, the Sphinx of Wesir-Osiris appeared before you and assigned you to your duty in the afterlife. You were to travel to a far away city, the nexus of realities, to tend and guard the newly constructed shrine of Akenisis, now a god in the pantheon of Pharaohs. 

You have now arrived in your new home.

Welcome to the Cage. Welcome to the City of Door.

Welcome to Sigil.

Now, you tend to the small pyramid-shrine built that serves as your home. Even with your duties, however, you are affored time to explore the city and meet its diverse people. For even the Pharaoh's servents must earn a living...

Rating
Extreme Exotic… but I’d like to explain that a bit. The creatures of the afterlife are varied in their forms, so this game will clearly be in the exotic category. The Extreme category is more of a precaution than anything else. 95% of the time, I’m expecting this game will fit in Bondage quite comfortably, but things like Daemons, Great Old Ones, Kytons, and Yugoloths are some of my favourite villains, and they can get very, very intense. I want to give people fair warning of that and the rating is the easiest way to do so.

With that said, non-con and relations with anyone under 19 (or appearing to be under, or under racial equivalent) are totally off limits for me under any circumstances. They will not be appearing in this game.

The Expectations

Regular Posting: I’m not going to set a specific rate, since shit happens, but please post regularly. An issue I’ve found with Pathfinder PbP is when people just want to post in combat, then don’t interact with other players outside of combat.

Please don’t do that.

I like Planescape because it offers opportunities to explore and interact with the strange and the wonderful. That roleplaying is a big draw for me, so I am perfectly fine with going extended periods without combat. Please make sure you are okay with that too.
Cooperative Play: Basically, don’t be a dick. Don’t troll other people or start fights. We are all here to have fun. Me having to play peacekeeper is anti-fun.
Open Mindedness: This game is open to all orientations and genders. I’m a cis-het male, so I can’t promise I’ll get everything right, but I’m always open to talking and learning more. I just ask everyone bring that open mindedness.
Communication: Talk to me (and each other). Let me know what you’d like to see/experience. If there is something you’d like to see or is killing your buzz, let me know. If something uncomfortable comes up and you need the scene to end. Please tell me.

The Lore
Alignment: Any non-evil. With that said, Everyone in the group need to be able to get along. Preachy good, lawful templar, and chaotic jerk characters should be avoided.
Background: As the introduction stated, you are attendants to a recently deceased who have been assigned to her shrine in Sigil. You do not have to worship the Netjer (Egyptian Gods) but you have been raised in that culture. You are new to Sigil and have not yet joined Factions (although by all means do so soon. Each one comes with bonus abilities).
Personality: As I said above, your character needs to be trusting enough to work with others without trying to screw them over (… screw them on the other hand…). Keep a game cohesive on the boards is hard enough with characters getting sarcastic with one another.
Appearance: As you please, although a picture is required so that I can use it on maps, although it doesn’t have to be a perfect representation of your character.
Aspirations: Please include three aspirations for your character, two short-term and one long term. Note that these are your aspirations for the character, so they don’t have to be things the character wants to happen to themself. Also, these aspirations should be story focused, but don’t have to connect to a larger metaplot. They are just useful barometers for me to try and keep everyone engaged.
Sexuality: The big focus on this game for is to play the game. Planescape is a setting conducive to mature themes and E! gives us the chance to explore those themes if and when they are appropriate. For sex, I'm more interested in seeing realistic (or realistic as possible) relationships develop, rather than "everyone gets laid." It can and will come up, but it won't just be with a random NPC unless you specifically go looking for that.

The Crunch
Books: All Paizo. All of Dreamscarred Press. 
Classes: Any from the above sources.
Level: 3rd.
Races: Any standard race is okay.
- If you are using non-standard races, anything with 15 race points or more has a +1 Level Adjustment (including aasimars), and anything above 25 has a +2  LA. Anything below that can be used as is.
- Merfolk and other races who cannot survive on land will be inappropriate for this story.
Ability scores: Standard 15 point buy. A common question I’ve gotten from PbP is if I will up it to 20 point buy. Often I cave in. This time I’m not. 
Hit Points: Full at first level; Half + 1 after that.
Equipment: 3000 gp. If you are using a lot of non-standard equipment, please give a brief description of the item’s unique properties.
Traits: Two traits at character creation, no more by any means.
Experience: When I feel it is an appropriate time for you to level up, I will tell you to level up.

The Application
Players: 3-4
What You Need: A character sheet that’s at least 90% done, including picture, aspirations, and background. The latter does not need to be super extensive, however.
When you need it by: October 24th. The date may shift a bit based on my own deadlines for work. If it does, it will give you more time to submit your application and I will let you know the details.

If I forgot anything, please just ask!

Chanticleer

I love Planescape. Your intro's the most fun way of getting a party to Sigil I can remember hearing.

Definitely interested!

EDIT: I note that after a quick review, while you talk about level adjustment and give WBL as 3000, you don't actually state the starting level for the game. 3000 suggests it's 3rd level, but I thought it best to confirm.
My current O/os (need work)

TheKhan

Quote from: Chanticleer on October 09, 2018, 09:57:23 PM
I love Planescape. Your intro's the most fun way of getting a party to Sigil I can remember hearing.

Definitely interested!
Thank you! I am particularly proud of this one. I've deliberately gone vague on the details, but think this would be a facinating culture to explore and develop.

Oh, and I did forget one thing....

Cosmology
I love me some Planescape, but the campaign is a bit notorious for overriding the cosmologies of other settings (and real-world religions), then chalking the discrepancies up to being Clueless screed. That doesn't sit particularly well with me. The Great Wheel is true in my Planescape, but so is Golarion's Great Beyond. So is the World Tree of the Toril. So is the World Axis of Nentir Vale. So is the ancient cosmology of Egypt. They are all true and all exist, crossing over like interwoven branes of reality. I expect it won't become a big feature of this campaign unless we get that perfect lightning in a bottle, but the big upshot for you is that you can use any details you like from any setting when building your character.

TheKhan

Quote from: Chanticleer on October 09, 2018, 09:57:23 PM
EDIT: I note that after a quick review, while you talk about level adjustment and give WBL as 3000, you don't actually state the starting level for the game. 3000 suggests it's 3rd level, but I thought it best to confirm.
D'oh!

Yes, it's third. I'll edit that in ASAP.

Chanticleer

I'm afraid I have found another thing.

If Akhenisis has become a goddess (even a minor one) it's quite reasonable that we might have a cleric or warpriest (Or possibly Ordained Defender...thinking about it!) in the party. I assume that since we can be 'any good' that her alignment is Neutral Good, but it her domains would also be relevant for these classes.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I'm liking the idea of Warder (Ordained Defender). It would seem appropriate to provide the sole temple of a lesser god with a heavy hitting tank type, and I haven't played a crunchy-thumpy character in a long while.

Chulanowa

Quote from: TheKhan on October 09, 2018, 10:19:08 PM
Thank you! I am particularly proud of this one. I've deliberately gone vague on the details, but think this would be a facinating culture to explore and develop.

Oh, and I did forget one thing....

Cosmology
I love me some Planescape, but the campaign is a bit notorious for overriding the cosmologies of other settings (and real-world religions), then chalking the discrepancies up to being Clueless screed. That doesn't sit particularly well with me. The Great Wheel is true in my Planescape, but so is Golarion's Great Beyond. So is the World Tree of the Toril. So is the World Axis of Nentir Vale. So is the ancient cosmology of Egypt. They are all true and all exist, crossing over like interwoven branes of reality. I expect it won't become a big feature of this campaign unless we get that perfect lightning in a bottle, but the big upshot for you is that you can use any details you like from any setting when building your character.

-Looks up from two decades of playing Werewolf, Mage, and Changeling crossover games- Makes perfect sense to me!

So question, do all the characters have to be 100% Khemetic, or can they be like, valued slaves from other lands, or what-have-you?  i'm down for it either way

Roleplay Frog

You lost me at the spelling errors but had me again at
Quoteyou can use any details you like from any setting when building your character.
and you clearly being invested.

I presume that the whole living godess bit is metaphorical, because, you know, Sigil. Infact, wouldn't all of us get in trouble rather quickly for being a bit too worshippy, now that I think about it?

I mean this is an intrinsic problem to the writeup. I mean, this is how this story would go:

'Pharaoh and worshippers arrive'
A -> She's not a deity yet, city authorities scoff at and ponder slaying. As soon as the servants try to build a pyramid shrine they find themselfs in a maze of pain, the Dabi fix the affront to the city.
B -> She is a deity, Lady of Pain forbids her entry, sending her off to random egyptian pantheon sidelines where she melds with Horus-Re.

VonDoom

I adore Planescape, so I'm definitely interested, but I'm always a bit stumped when the race selection is set to lean towards standard choices, since any of the wierder monstrous races are bound to gain level adjustment; that combined with low point buy and my like for characters who need a lot of attributes at least at decent levels for their job (was thinking perhaps an Investigator) makes me a bit hesitant... but I'll probably give it a go anyway.

Any chance for some clarifications on the whole 'use details from any setting' vs. the built in part of the origin? I assume the latter trumps the former, with non - religious classes still having to be strongly devoted and subservient-to-superiors acolytes?
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

TheKhan

Quote from: Chanticleer on October 10, 2018, 01:23:30 AM
I'm afraid I have found another thing.

If Akhenisis has become a goddess (even a minor one) it's quite reasonable that we might have a cleric or warpriest (Or possibly Ordained Defender...thinking about it!) in the party. I assume that since we can be 'any good' that her alignment is Neutral Good, but it her domains would also be relevant for these classes.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I'm liking the idea of Warder (Ordained Defender). It would seem appropriate to provide the sole temple of a lesser god with a heavy hitting tank type, and I haven't played a crunchy-thumpy character in a long while.
The alignment is any non-evil, not any good. Neutral is a valid option.

I have deliberately left Pharaoh’s alignment vague and for now at least I will also leave it vague as to whether she really became deity or if that is just a cultural belief. Are you drawing your power from Pharaoh herself? Or are you drawing it from a powersource that is similar enough to how you perceive her? Your character will have an opinion and NPCs will have other opinions, no matter what.

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 10, 2018, 02:02:37 AM
-Looks up from two decades of playing Werewolf, Mage, and Changeling crossover games- Makes perfect sense to me!

So question, do all the characters have to be 100% Khemetic, or can they be like, valued slaves from other lands, or what-have-you?  i'm down for it either way
Characters can be whatever you want, as long as in the end, they would be someone Pharaoh would trust to be fairly independent while watching over her shrine in the afterlife. Archeologist who won Pharaoh’s favour, loyal slave who worships the Greek gods of her parents, Zoroastrian fire-oracle, warpriest of Abadar, death-cultist of Wee Jas - all would be valid characters.

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 10, 2018, 05:54:56 AM
You lost me at the spelling errors but had me again at  and you clearly being invested.

I presume that the whole living godess bit is metaphorical, because, you know, Sigil. Infact, wouldn't all of us get in trouble rather quickly for being a bit too worshippy, now that I think about it?

I mean this is an intrinsic problem to the writeup. I mean, this is how this story would go:

'Pharaoh and worshippers arrive'
A -> She's not a deity yet, city authorities scoff at and ponder slaying. As soon as the servants try to build a pyramid shrine they find themselfs in a maze of pain, the Dabi fix the affront to the city.
B -> She is a deity, Lady of Pain forbids her entry, sending her off to random egyptian pantheon sidelines where she melds with Horus-Re.
That is a good question for me to clarify. The sequence I have in my head goes:

1. Pharaoh’s entourage departs through portals from the Material Plane to Arcadia, entering the divine realm of the Netjer.
2. Pharaoh’s body is interred in the divine realm.
3. Pharaoh’s servants are dispersed across the planes, some staying in Arcadia, other’s on other planes.
4. You get sent to Sigil, to spread word of this newly ascended god and to guard her shrine, which your people believe to be important to ensuring the stability of her soul (likely through her Ren (name)).
5. The people of Sigil are generally bemused, but leave the shine in peace, as they do with other temples and shrines to the gods

I’m going to leave it vague as to whether or not Pharaoh actually did become a God for now.

Quote from: VonDoom on October 10, 2018, 07:18:35 AM
I adore Planescape, so I'm definitely interested, but I'm always a bit stumped when the race selection is set to lean towards standard choices, since any of the wierder monstrous races are bound to gain level adjustment; that combined with low point buy and my like for characters who need a lot of attributes at least at decent levels for their job (was thinking perhaps an Investigator) makes me a bit hesitant... but I'll probably give it a go anyway.

Fair enough. I like fish-out-of-water stories with characters who start Clueless and eventually become bloods.

That said, we can do weird things. I’m totally open to using the Advanced Race Guide to emulate things like a troll or dragon or sphinx. Having one of the characters be a “holy monster” would be interesting.

Quote from: VonDoom on October 10, 2018, 07:18:35 AM
Any chance for some clarifications on the whole 'use details from any setting' vs. the built in part of the origin? I assume the latter trumps the former, with non - religious classes still having to be strongly devoted and subservient-to-superiors acolytes?

See my response above, but basically the characters need a reason to be trusted with this duty. They don’t strictly need to be subservient to other acolytes, but they do need something making them loyal enough to Pharaoh that they don’t just peace out once they reach Sigil. If you want to use a god or a hook inspired by another setting, feel free, just make sure there is some sort of reason your character as been chosen for an accepted this post on the Planes.

Ultimately, for the first little while, this background is justification to keep the party together and explain why they don’t go back to their previous lives on the Material Plane. Whatever accomplishes that for your character is good enough for me.

Does that make sense?

Roleplay Frog

Oh I see, I thought the godess was hanging out with you. But is it nice godess? What has this godess done for me? *tips chin*

Chanticleer

Quote from: TheKhan on October 10, 2018, 10:28:02 AM
The alignment is any non-evil, not any good. Neutral is a valid option.

I have deliberately left Pharaoh’s alignment vague and for now at least I will also leave it vague as to whether she really became deity or if that is just a cultural belief. Are you drawing your power from Pharaoh herself? Or are you drawing it from a powersource that is similar enough to how you perceive her? Your character will have an opinion and NPCs will have other opinions, no matter what.

That doesn't really answer the question of domains for classes which use them. Any suggestions? Or is it 'pick anything that feels reasonable to you' again?

TheKhan

Quote from: Chanticleer on October 10, 2018, 10:33:03 AM
That doesn't really answer the question of domains for classes which use them. Any suggestions? Or is it 'pick anything that feels reasonable to you' again?

Ah, sorry! Yes, pick something that you think seems reasonable. Law, Good, Nobility, and Sun make sense to me, but almost any combination could work.

Sain

This looks awesome. Have been craving for some egypt themed adventure thingy and love planes hopping. Just posting to bookmark thread for stalking for now, hoping that I may have time ::)
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Chanticleer

No sheet yet, but...

NEDJEMSOBEKHET (We’ll go with Nedjem for short, and because it's also her birth name, as terrible as amputating given names would be in the original culture)

Scaleheart (Skinwalker) Warder (possibly Ordained Defender, haven’t quite decided)

Background
Always a somewhat dour and taciturn child, even as a baby she sometimes bawled in anger, but never cried. Perhaps her family named her Nedjem as a gesture of hope, for it surely did not reflect her behavior. Her family were simple farmers along the great river, and none of her living ancestors knew there was skinwalker blood among them, so it was a complete surprise when she first experienced the change at the age of fourteen.

Crocodiles were a constant threat along the riverbanks, but the tendency of children to play regardless of warnings is at least as constant. When her younger sister was attacked by a white crocodile, Nedjem seemingly panicked in the wrong direction, actually attacking the large reptile with a stick and, without warning, changing into something more like a crocodilian version of herself.

Her sister was unhurt, the creature having fastened its jaws only on her garment, and once this was realized, all of the attention was focused on Nedjem, still standing in the river, staring at her strangely scaled and clawed hands. Of course they reacted with fear, even when the change ended and she reverted to her former self. Nedjem was far more damaged by the encounter than her sister, and despite the long years that have passed, still bears the thin scars left by the rake of the crocodile’s teeth just grazing the left side of her face.

Her family denied her, and she ran. What else could be imagined?

The story made its way to a priest of Sobek, of course. Who else to tell about the sighting of a white crocodile, or a runaway girl who turned into a scaly beast? Eventually, the old man and his acolyte found her, talked her back to the temple, and gradually set about trying to help her put together the disparate pieces of her changed life. 

Unfortunately, she remained stubbornly taciturn and refused to speak most days, but she was clearly marked by the Lord of Waters, so the temple continued to give her shelter. Who truly knew the fates of those the gods touched?

This lasted until one day the Pharoah herself stopped to make offerings at the temple while touring her lands. Hearing of the almost-mute child, she asked to see Nedjemsobekhet, and asked the frightened girl to accompany her for a time out of curiousity. Of course, Nedjem could not refuse.

Somewhere, in the whirlwind of seeing the land so far beyond her home and the dazzle of the Pharoah’s retinue, Nedjem overheard a long conversation between Akhenisis and a retainer, discussing how best to protect and aid one of the outlying provinces that was threatened by both famine and barbarians. By this point, Nedjem had thought she was simply overlooked as being unable to converse, but when Akhenisis had finished and dismissed most of her court, she came and sat on the steps just below where Nedjem had been sitting. Nedjhem was in a silent panic at this unthinkable behavior, worrying whether shifting down the steps would call attention to the Pharoah’s ‘mistake’ and whether that would be worse than simply remaining where she was, unthinkably above Akhenisis. She kept her eyes downcast.

“You overheard,” the Pharoah said to her mildly, and of course the girl nodded. She could ignore priests, but this? This was a goddess.

“It’s difficult to protect people, isn’t it?” Nedjem wasn’t sure what to do, what answer to give…Even if she’d spoken easily, what did she know about such things? And then Akhenisis told her exactly what she hadn’t known she knew about such things.

“Sometimes, we must do terrible things, and people fear us. That does not make us monstrous. You protected your sister, and Sobek himself blessed you. That does not make you a monster. Think on this, little one. A god has touched you when you defended another. I would like it if you would help me to defend those who need it.”

Nedjem nodded. Again, what else could an almost-mute girl do when a goddess spoke to her? She nodded, but she did not yet understand. Even so, the Pharoah’s words would never leave her.

When she returned to the temple, she tried. Her speech was like a tool left too long untouched; it worked poorly and needed much care. But she did try. And she tried to work with the acolytes, to be a part of the temple life.

She grew strong. She became a professional soldier in the army of the Pharoah. Eventually, after years during which she garnered more scars and experience, she rose as high as a soldier could without being noble born, and although she had seen the Pharoah reviewing her troops many times before campaigns, this is when she once again caught Akhenisis’ eye.

Of course, when Akhenisis asked her to become one of her guards, how could Nedjemsobekhet refuse? And even then, after years of service, how could a girl who grew up on a farm by the great river guess that the Pharoah would choose her companionship in the afterlife?

(Just a side note on the culture: If we’re modeling on ancient Egypt, it was surprisingly egalitarian with regards to gender roles. There are records of women who were crafters, merchants, priestesses, and warriors (who were buried with their weapons), and at least one fascinating record of a female ship’s navigator telling a man bringing her food to get out of her face and let her do her job! This varied a bit by class: among the upper class there was more separation and women are shown serving women while men serve men (which has interesting connotations for the court of a female pharoah). So Nedjemsobekhet joining the army isn’t as big of a deal as it might seem.)

indarkestknight

Planescape yessssss.

I am definitely interested, just have to see what I can come up with.

The temptation to figure out a shabti character is strong.

Questions regarding allowed material: would you be open to reviewing non-DSP material that builds on the DSP engines? For instance, Akashic Trinity (the Nexus in particular has a strong affinity for the planes) and Classes of the Lost Spheres: Zodiac include four Akashic classes altogether that were penned by Michael Sayre, the same writer who produced Akashic Mysteries for DSP.

What I'm especially keen on trying is... admittedly a huge longshot, as it's still in playtest for Lost Spheres Publishing, but given the planar nature of the game and PoW material being allowed, this is probably my best chance to ever get a chance to play it, so here goes nothing: Any chance you'd be willing to allow The Nexus Commander archetype, a summoner archetype that gives up spellcasting for PoW maneuvers?

TheKhan

Quote from: indarkestknight on October 10, 2018, 09:03:04 PM
Planescape yessssss.

I am definitely interested, just have to see what I can come up with.

The temptation to figure out a shabti character is strong.

Questions regarding allowed material: would you be open to reviewing non-DSP material that builds on the DSP engines? For instance, Akashic Trinity (the Nexus in particular has a strong affinity for the planes) and Classes of the Lost Spheres: Zodiac include four Akashic classes altogether that were penned by Michael Sayre, the same writer who produced Akashic Mysteries for DSP.

What I'm especially keen on trying is... admittedly a huge longshot, as it's still in playtest for Lost Spheres Publishing, but given the planar nature of the game and PoW material being allowed, this is probably my best chance to ever get a chance to play it, so here goes nothing: Any chance you'd be willing to allow The Nexus Commander archetype, a summoner archetype that gives up spellcasting for PoW maneuvers?

A shabti would defintely be appropriate!

I also backed City of Seven Seraphs content is defintely fair game, including the Zodiac. The summoner archetype I'm a bit leerier of, since things will change and I'm not sure if it is regular summoner or Unchained Summoner (I'd prefer the latter). There's also the question of how a class based around summoning would function in Sigil... which is doable, but would likely create more bookkeeping for both of us.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: TheKhan on October 11, 2018, 12:18:11 PM
There's also the question of how a class based around summoning would function in Sigil... which is doable, but would likely create more bookkeeping for both of us.

You cast your spell, calling for aid from the underworld itself. Suddenly, you hear clattering and rustling to your left as an incredibly pissed off looking lesser demon is dragged first through a puddle on the street, then to your side. You realize by the expression of the Succubus you are fighting that you just dagged it's guard-dog from their home here to your side. You consider this turn of events unfortunate.

-Well, lorewise, extraplanar summoning takes the surrounding elements and a spirit from another plane, forming a temporary creature to assist you. There's been an age ago ruling in a dragon magazine whose number I long forgot (has to have been 2nd though) that it works on other planes just the same, you just make very snazzy wolves if you were to for example cast summon nature's ally II on the plane of fire.

indarkestknight

My personal pet theory is that summoning conjuration effects (as distinct from calling effects) tap into the Akashic Record and essentially photocopy the Akashic Record of the creature in question.

(For the record, wolves summoned via summon nature’s ally on the plane of fire would have no special protections against fire.)

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: indarkestknight on October 11, 2018, 02:08:16 PM
(For the record, wolves summoned via summon nature’s ally on the plane of fire would have no special protections against fire.)

Yeah they don't, though some DM's might give 'em a fiery template, so it's a bit of a borderline thing, but the record is a relatively recent thing so *shrugs*

TheKhan

Quote from: indarkestknight on October 11, 2018, 02:08:16 PM
My personal pet theory is that summoning conjuration effects (as distinct from calling effects) tap into the Akashic Record and essentially photocopy the Akashic Record of the creature in question.
Actually, that would be a pretty good solution, and it in line with the way Pathfinder treats summoned creatures (as amusing as summoning a fiendish guard dog would be...)!

Let me take a look at the archetype and see what I think. If not, I did actually buy the Zodiac PDF because you mentioned it, and I would be happy to have one of those around.

Chanticleer

Quote from: TheKhan on October 11, 2018, 06:50:47 PM
Actually, that would be a pretty good solution, and it in line with the way Pathfinder treats summoned creatures (as amusing as summoning a fiendish guard dog would be...)!

Let me take a look at the archetype and see what I think. If not, I did actually buy the Zodiac PDF because you mentioned it, and I would be happy to have one of those around.

I've seen that done. In fact, just a few weeks ago in a game here. Fiendish guard dogs are pretty darned mean when you're up against 2d level enemies.

Bibliophilia

Roleplay Frog

So before I make up my mind.. where are we actually going? What's actually gonna happen? 'cause sigil is a location, not a campaign. Lore restrictions on character creation plus uncertainty of where things are going, beyond 'We's in Sigil', kind of limits ideas for me.

Chanticleer

Hi Bib!

Froggy, the impression I get is that because 1) we're new to Sigil, and 2) we're doing a thing that's not much tolerated in Sigil, that the campaign will probably take place mostly in Sigil.

So Sigil isn't as much a waypoint here as a destination in itself.

TheKhan

I'm going to run things a bit more episodically at first, with short adventures rather than grand, far reaching plot lines that PbPs never finish. So initially, the stories will be linked to Sigil. Where they go after that is up to us.