Where do you get good character artwork/photos from?

Started by atenai, September 18, 2013, 03:58:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atenai

Sure, I can find a portrait on Google if I come up with just the right search terms, but I was hoping maybe some people might have sites they frequent when they're looking for an image to go with a new character. I'll even volunteer one that's good for fantasy or genre roleplay, if not so useful for the average human.

I'm hoping there might be a modeling site that has lots of women in revealing clothing that I can browse to pick one that matches my idea for a character. Any recommendations welcome!

Good genre character art: drakonis.org
~Atenai

IRL Status: Offline. On hiatus.

Atenai's Addictions (O/Os & Ideas), Requests, and Apologies [NEW! 17 Jun '23]
Elluiki User Page (Bio, Stories Old and New)   "Fucking insatiable, teasing brat."

Koyume

I tend to browse Danbooru and Gelbooru, but that's mostly anime/hentai-style stuff.

alextaylor

Lol, Drakonis and Danbooru are the main ones. Other than that, deviantart.
O/O

atenai

I should've thought of that. >_<

I know there are modeling agencies that I used to have bookmarked, but I haven't really looked for pictures in a long time. Thanks for the suggestions. :)
~Atenai

Elluiki User Page (Bio, Stories Old and New)   "Fucking insatiable, teasing brat."

Madriv

Tumblr. You can search tags or find specific topic-related Tumblrs and browse their archives. I've followed so many for so long, my own Tumblr is a massive stockpile of character inspiration images.

Silver

I've found that google, tumblr and we heart it are my best friends in finding great character pictures personally.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Jag

Google, Tumblr, Deviant Art, Model Mayhem (haven't looked at that in a long time though).
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

atenai

For anyone who cares, I also found fantasti.cc, which has such a wide array that it's almost hard to navigate, but they're certainly appropriate for E.
~Atenai

Blythe

I've been using cghub.com more often as of late. They seem to have some good stuff.  ;D