2017: Mass Exodus (Accepting! GBLTQA Friendly)

Started by Bloodied Porcelain, June 11, 2014, 12:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icecradle

I have a teen who's parents are currently npcs and if you wanted to play his father that's be awesome.

basics:

Reg Birch, Hardware store owner
married to Beckie Birch. Three sons: Duke, Drew and Taylor.
Roman Catholic (along with his wife) and regular church-goer
hardworking and honest
homophobic with traditional views on the roles men and women should undertake.

some more info in Taylor's sheet

alternatively, I had been thinking about a second character - a woman in her late 30s/early 40s. in what looks like a perfect 'cereal box', almost 1950s-esque family from the outside but has serious issues within, if that kind of thing strikes your fancy.
AA // OO // Requests

Chrystal

Quote from: aRegularGuy on July 23, 2014, 03:33:38 PM
Hi there,
I'm very interested in joining this little group.
I'm male and I wish to play as a straight male; preferably husband and father in a family? or a son that goes to school?
do you have anything still available or are any players looking for this?

Pepper's father is up for grabs, too....

He's actually down as "unknown", but I did specify that he could still be around.

In discussion's with Niferbelle, we agreed that, if no-one came along to take the character of Pepper's estranged father, we would complicate their relationship and give a reason why Pepper and her late mom were rejected by the family, which actually involves Pepper and Lis being half sisters rather than cousins, although they don't realise it... (Basically Pepper's mom seduced her sister's husband). So in fact the character could be Lis and Pepper's dad, if you wish and Niferbell agrees.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Josietta

To be fairly honest, this game isn't one you would have to post to daily or even every other day. I'm a slow poster and I typically (when not sick) do about one a week for each character. So if you are only playing one character then you'd only need to post once a week or so.. every 7-10 days I think BP said.

Given that, you could always join and then if you find out its too much ask for a leave of absence or just slip out. None of us would fault you for it or think anything less of anyone who had to do that. I've been in tons of Group games since 2007 or so and i've seen just about everything. Groups are flexible and in most cases GMs are lenient and understanding.

Thats just my wee POV though.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Chrystal

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Josietta

*giggles* I've been in a DDlg mood the last two days. I love stuffie pics with underwear or 'His' dress shirts being worn half buttoned.

Oh and yes join us!!! Our GM is awesome and there's plenty time to get involved. Whether you are a slower poster or a daily poster it's all good!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Bloodied Porcelain

Reminder

There is a method to requesting scenes for the sandbox thread here. If you have an idea you want to play, are low on ideas, or would just like some general interaction in the History and or Near-History sandbox, feel free to use this request form and I will make sure it is listed for you in the IC-OOC for people to read and reply.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Bloodied Porcelain

*scurries in to put out cookies and drinks for folks who might pass through*

Since the main event thread isn't even at 9 am yet, the game is still very much open to new players/characters!
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Madriv

*spikes the drinks and maybe the cookies too*

Most of the characters don't even understand the profound tragedy of their situation yet. Or the danger.  Come play with us in our sleepy little Louisiana town and see if you can figure out what's going down.

Bloodied Porcelain

Incase anyone was wondering, we are now open to third characters!

Bloodied Porcelain

I would love to see some more characters. We have had a number of players have to take breaks from E in recent weeks, so we could use some fresh blood to keep things going!

Josietta

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Bloodied Porcelain

Still open to accepting new characters!

*sets out treats and drinks*

GnothiSeauton

*may or may not have been debating new character...*
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Kokaine

I am trying to decide if I want to bring in Juliette or not. >.>
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 29, 2014, 03:12:40 PM
*may or may not have been debating new character...*

Doooo eeeeeet

Quote from: Kokaine on September 29, 2014, 06:54:04 PM
I am trying to decide if I want to bring in Juliette or not. >.>

Of course you do. :D

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 29, 2014, 07:02:51 PM
Doooo eeeeeet

I've had this trashy hooker girl in the back of my mind for quite a while.  I wanna do her I think.  I've had enough of playing penises for the time being lol.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 29, 2014, 07:05:13 PM
I've had this trashy hooker girl in the back of my mind for quite a while.  I wanna do her I think.  I've had enough of playing penises for the time being lol.
Me too. >.>

I mean, whut? <.<

Kokaine

My O/Os

icecradle

my new char =)
wip

Vera-May
~BASICS~

Vera-May Julliette Chartridge-Rhoades :
Nickname: pen-name: Jules V. May
Character's Birthdate and Age: 64
Place of Birth: Louisiana somewhere...
Current Residence: 'Rose Gables', Rhoades Plantation, outside New Brook

Occupation: Author, famous under her pen name for a series of Prohibition-set Crime fiction with a female lead detective, Amelie.
Education: Governess to the age of 8, then two boarding schools in England until the age of 18.
Hobbies: Writing is both her profession and her love. She reads several books a week and also paints watercolour, although not particularly well. She plays bridge once a week and is involved in various charities locally, for appearances more than any great desire to do good.

~APPEARANCE~

Hair: Naturally a light brown, she has dyed it a honey blonde for longer than she can remember. These days it's turning more of an ash blonde to give the impression that she's aging gracefully. It hangs neatly between her jawline and shoulders, styled by professionals regularly and turns in slightly at the ends towards her neck. One hair out of place would be a disgrace.
Eyes: A steely grey-brown, still as sharp as ever. She wears reading glasses when she reads and writes, but tries to avoid them being seen in public.
Height: 5'6 although rarely seen out of heels.
Physical Description: Vera-May is a precise woman whose reputation is cemented in her appearance. Her education seemed rooted in poise and maintaining a slightly disinterested smile at all times, something which has never left her. She practices yoga and tai chi regularly to maintain a perfect figure, and what exercise doesn't cover, surgery, botox and spandex hidden beneath well-fitted clothes does. Her make-up could have been arranged by a professional and her hair and nails are always freshly done. Any wrinkles on her aging face have been smoothed by the best cosmetic surgeons that money can buy and she refrains from any activities which might crease or muss the perfection, such as smiling and laughing.
Distinguishing Features: A scar on her abdomen, never seen. It's been neatly stitched and has long since healed, but the deep purple scar remains. It is perhaps the right place for an appendix removal, but far too crass and irregular to be the work of a surgeon.
Character Model: Cate Blanchett?

~IN DEPTH~

Personality:
Self-preserving - Far more deep-rooted than selfish, this is a honed instinct to look out for number one, no matter the costs. She may be aging and not as strong as she once was, but she has a sharp mind, a sharper tongue and the ability to bend her morals to suit her needs.
Elitist - Vera-May is a firm believer in the class system. That is, that she has class and the rest of society are plebs to be used. She is 'traditional' in her belief that everyone has their place, which includes 'colored people' working in physical employment or service. She had several black servants growing up and was rather fond of a few of them, in the same way one might treat a loyal and well-behaved pet. She doesn't associate with people who are below her, which leaves her circle of acquaintances rather small.
Intelligent - Vera-May is sharp and calculating. A cool distance allows her to approach things logically, not swayed by the weakness of the heart. She has consumed a wealth of knowledge over the years and although she is not quite as quick as she was in her prime, generally she is still sharp with a dark wit.
Introverted - Her lack of friends isn't just down to social divides - Vera-May simply prefers to be left alone. Since the scandalous divorce, she has largely kept to herself, only making professional appearances or attending charity events when it's expected of her. Even at these events, she is distant and detached, never disclosing much about herself, always playing a role and maintaining a very private life.

History:
+ born Vera-May Julliette Chartridge to wealthy Chartridge family. Father owned successful publishing company. Loved to read. Only child. Very bright. Cook/Housekeeper/Maid always around. Governess. No real friends, just a few organised playdates with children much older than her. One person Michael Vincent Rhoades - twelve years older than her. She found him lacking in intelligence.

+ shipped off to England to her mother's old boarding school. Slow to fit in, felt homesick and cried a lot the first term. Eventually made two close friends and settled into life there.

+ Wanted to apply for Oxford University. Parents insisted that she return to 'aid the family business'. Believing that she was going to be primed to inherit the publishing firm, she returned. Instead found her parents planned to convince her to marry Michael Rhoades. She argued for days with them, eventually they threatened to disown her, so she married Michael.

+ Michael was verbally abusive and distant. Sex on the honeymoon was a disaster and Vera-May made sure that she was drunk or high on prescription medicines before retiring to bed with her husband. She began to write as an escape. Not wanting to admit to her father that she was writing, she invented the penname using her middle name and sent her novella manuscript to another publisher. It was published over the course of four issues of a popular gentlemen's magazine and she signed a contract with the publishing firm for a full-length novel.

+ Her writing became her life and an excuse to spend even less time with Michael. He had affairs, as did she. Both of them neatly avoided the subject and pretended to be a happy couple when in public.

+ His abuse began to get physical. When drunk, he stabbed her with a letter-opener, cutting an ugly gauge in her abdomen. She was rushed to hospital and patched up. Her family wanted her to keep the whole thing secret. She agreed, but plotted her own revenge. She sent anonymous photographs and letters to several newspapers, exposing Michael's affairs and dealings with prostitutes. His reputation was ruined, there was a hasty divorce with a sizeable settlement, including the Rhoades family home and surrounding land which Michael was now all-too-happy to escape, and he disappeared off to Europe. She played the innocent and wronged wife for a little while and then retreated into her shell, enjoying the privacy of her own space. When her parents died, she made a deal with her publishers, merging the two companies and maintaining a large amount of shares as well as a regular income.

Family:
Father & Mother both dead
Michael Vincent Rhoades - off living a playboy life on a yacht somewhere in Europe.

Connections:
Housekeeper?
Bridge partners
Her agent/publishing contact?

Dislikes: (Non Sexual)
Fears & Phobias: ("none" is not an option)
Worst Memory(ies):
Best Memory(ies):
Favorite Animal(s):
O/O's: (Either a link to your o/o's or a description specific to the character)

things to think about - does she have a softspot/weakness. everyone has their buttons...
how widely known are her books. do people now know she is Jules? they must do surely, public events etc.
probably knows how to handle a gun and shoots furry things occasionally for funsies.

tum de dum.
AA // OO // Requests

Josietta

Yay for new characters!!

We can always use more lovelies!! <3 

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Bloodied Porcelain

We've had huge multi-car pile ups! Attempted kidnappings! Plane crashes!

And that was all just during the day! Wait till you see what happens at night!

We have done a time push in the Event thread to bump things to the evening. New Haven's officials have opened up a shelter at the local high school and recommended that residents stay there while the town is out of power and running water for the foreseeable future. The local bar The Forge is open in spite of the lack of electricity. People are still reeling from the loss of their loved ones!

We are still open to new characters and as we are working to get things rolling after the holiday lull, I'd love to see fresh faces!

la dame en noir

This is quite possibly the most racial diverse roleplay I've seen on here.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Bloodied Porcelain

GnothiSeauton

*lays out the punch and pie to attract fresh meat blood*

Seeking New Stories