(Pathfinder) Interest Check / Recruitment - Iron Gods

Started by Chulanowa, October 07, 2015, 11:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorne

Right. So, as pitch ...

Rasila 'Raz' Silkwind
Gunslinger (Techslinger): 1
Campaign Trait: Stargazer

As elves go, Raz doesn't fit most of the expectations. She has the mysterious part down, and she certainly takes the long view, but even her elvish has a strange accent, and she occasionally shows mannerisms that would better fit a human or catfolk.

Physically, she is tall and slender, pale skin lightly tanned. She wears her black hair pulled back, to keep it out of her face. A greyish long coat of unusual cut covers her leather armor - and her pistol and powder-horn - but not the long blade sheathed and slung across her back. She completes this outfit with sturdy boots and tough-looking wool-and-leather pants. Riding pants, technically - not that Raz seems to care overmuch.
A faint tang of gunpowder clings to her person, under a slightly stronger hint of sandalwood and jasmine. She keeps a more-or-less alert posture, blue eyes always on the move, and moves with what most would consider a typical elvish grace.

Background Stuff
Her father taught her to handle a gun - his - at an early age. From her mother, Raz learned to make her own powder and shot. A family friend - a master smith - taught her enough to eventually make her own pistol, albeit under protest (Raz still isn't entirely certain why a (retired) paladin freezes and pales a shade at certain noises).

Rasila is used to a fair amount of strange. Her father swears in a language he refuses to teach her, and some of his mannerisms cause her mother to shake her head in fond (exasperated) bafflement.
Family friends include a family of catfolk - all the kittens! - and the village's blacksmith. 'Normal' in Steelmeet is defined by the day; Goats stampeding in the streets? Must be Wealday. A forge of dwarves 'helped' break up the tavern (and they /said/ they were only there to talk to the village smith)? Must be Starday. Raz tends to take oddities in stride, as a result - she's used to working with people who don't meet the usual definition of 'normal', and she's used to coping with personal quirks.
And she's heard stories... so many tales that don't sound like places she is likely to see on Golarion. Places with exotic-sounding names and winters that never seem to end ...
Going to Numeria was not a whim. It is known for being a place where strange things happen. Maybe they are stranger than her father's rifle - which Raz has only ever seen the once. Maybe they are stranger than the stories he has been known to tell... she won't know until she goes and looks.

Oh, sheet!

Rasila 'Raz' Silkwind
Female elf gunslinger (techslinger) 1 (Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Technology Guide 13, Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Combat 9)
CG Medium humanoid (elf)
Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +6
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +3 Dex, +1 dodge)
hp 10 (1d10)
Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +0; +2 vs. enchantments
Immune sleep
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)
Melee aldori dueling sword +2 (1d8+1/19-20)
Ranged pistol +4 (1d8/×4)
Special Attacks deeds (covet charge, gunslinger's dodge, reliable), grit (1)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 13, Dex 18, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 11, Cha 12
Base Atk +1; CMB +2; CMD 17
Feats Dodge, Gunsmithing[UC]
Traits alchemical adept, just like new, stargazer
Skills Acrobatics +1 (-3 to jump), Bluff +5, Craft (alchemy) +6 (+8 to craft alchemical items), Craft (firearms) +4, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (engineering) +6 (+8 to identify alien monsters' abilities and weaknesses), Knowledge (planes) +3 (+5 to identify alien monsters' abilities and weaknesses), Perception +6, Sense Motive +1, Survival +5 (+6 while in forest terrain); Racial Modifiers +2 Perception, +1 Survival, woodcraft
Languages Celestial, Common, Elven, Orc
SQ gunsmith
Gear:
Equipped: lamellar (leather) armor[UC], 
Carried: aldori dueling sword[ISWG], hip flask[UE], pistol[UC], black powder[UC] (10),  waterskin, powder horn[UC].
masterwork backpack[APG]: bedroll, gunsmith's kit[UC], hemp rope (50 ft.), mess kit[UE], mirror, pot, soap, torch (10), trail rations (5),
belt pouch: flint and steel, firearm bullet[UC] (10), 3 gp.

--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Alchemical Adept Raw materials are not consumed on failed craft checks for alchemical items.
Elven Immunities - Sleep You are immune to magic sleep effects.
Grit (Ex) Gain a pool of points that are spent to fuel deeds, regained on firearm crit/killing blow.
Gunsmithing You can use a gunsmithing kit to craft/repair firearms and ammo.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Stargazer Disable Device or Knowledge (engineering) +1 and is a class skill
Woodcraft +1 Knowledge (Nature) and Survival, increasing to +2 in forests.
--------------------

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc.®, and are used under license.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Lunar Raven

GARON BAINE (char. sheet W.I.P.)

N Male Human Kellid
Brawler 1 (Shield Champion & Winding Path Renegade archetype)

Height: 5' 11"   Weight: 175 lbs.

Campaign Trait: Local Ties (adopted son of Khonnir Baine)
Other Traits: Centered (Religion), Reactionary (Combat)

Background: Garon was orphaned as a child when his tribe was destroyed by the Technic League and their gearsman automatons to take possessions of the resources in the region they occupied, though he was too young to remember this when it happened.  This all occured during Khonnir Baine's wandering years and he was found by the man few days when he was on the verge of dying from starvation.  Extending the same kindness as he had to his adopted daughter Val, he took the child in as his own and named him Garon.

The years that followed were unremarkable, but as Khonnir tried to impress his skills and talents upon his adopted children, it became fairly obvious that Garon didn't quite possesses the talent to pick up magic, though he did manage to attain a modicum of the older man's technical skills.  Unlike his sibling, Garon was more interested in martial pursuits, mainly as a way to connect with his Kellid roots, but given that there was very few opportunities presented in Torch, he took his lessons in the only places available to him - in the occasional bar fight and back alleys.  After a couple of particularly bad beatings, and a stern lecture from his father, Garon decided it was time to find a way to keep himself safe.  With his father forbidding him the use of weapons, he turned what was left to him - a sturdy shield - not only could he keep himself safe with it, it also proved to be a sturdy bashing implement in a pinch.

The use of a shield, and only a shield, as part of his fighting style earned him a certain degree of fame which Garon came to enjoy and has been practicing rigorously with it ever since, utilising it in a manner few ever do.  Having found his calling, he threw himself into training, moving on from common brute to a true, if untested, warrior.  It was this single minded dedication that caught the attention of a group of monks passing through Torch.  Adepts from the Houses of Perfection in Jalmeray, they had traveled far to assess the possibility of opening new schools in these rugged lands and possibly bringing refined civilisation to the northmen.  Whilst Garon was an avid student, they quickly realised that like so many in the north, he was more interested in their martial prowess rather than the associated spirituality.  Though his apprenticeship with them was brief, Garon proved a quick study and was able to quickly understand the philosophy behind their strange teachings (along with a few 'borrowed' scrolls).

Along with their teachings, the monks left Garon with another gift - a philosophy of self-perfection that came from the teachings of the god Irori - teachings that Garon has taken to heart and made it the creed of his life; where once he believed magic to be the only path to greater power, he now saw many paths to his goals.

Appearance: Garon's appearance is that of a Kellid all round - dark haired, heavy browed, and sturdily built with coarse body hair, his weather-beaten features tend to highlight the piercing quality of his sky-blue eyes.  Standing at just under 6 foot, he carries himself like a warrior, his back straight and posture almost defiant.  Generally proud of his physique, he wears close fitting clothes to highlight it, more to intimidate those who would pick a fight with him rather than a desire to show off.  He tends to favour practicality over fashion, and sombre colours over flashy or gaudy garb.

Despite being muscular of body and possessing very little body fat, he is a valiant trencherman and has developed a slight paunch as a result, whilst his nose is slightly crooked from having been broken several times in the numerous fist fights he's been in during his youth.

Personality: Despite a bit of a rough looking exterior, Garon has a heart that can generally be said to be in the right place.  He is self-conscious of the fact that he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and takes care not to say unnecessary things, and while his temper does get the better of him every once in a while, he is happy to let others take the lead in areas of expertise that he cannot.

Being raised by Khonnir has given Garon a healthy respect for magic, and tends to view friendly (or at least non-hostile) magic users, especially practitioners of the arcane, in a more favourable light.  Around friends he trusts, Garon has a lighter side to him and laughs more freely - being an adopted child, he tends to treat everyone close to him as one large extended family and hates to see squabbles, especially over trivial matters.

Orientation: Bisexual.  Living in the harsh land of Numeria, Garon takes his pleasures wherever he can find it.  That said, women are more likely to be his romantic interests.
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

eBadger

Hannah the Marionette, Android Occultist and out of work Governess, added to my previous post as a character option (I did promise to make all the other characters sound normal). 

If you're set against Androids I can certainly roll her as something else and just re-fluff (the race really doesn't bring much to her) but it seemed appropriate to the character and setting.  Lemme know. 

Blinkin

Ok, I've scrapped the female swashbuckler idea as not really doing much for me creatively. So, I've crafted a male Swashbuckler in it's place. Hopefully, it won't all be robots and androids that can't be hit with precision damage.

To make him a little more interesting and versatile, he has a bit of the larceny in him; he can open locks and deal with most kinds of traps, but if it's a technological thing, someone else gets to blow themselves up. ;) That should help with some overlap.

The history is yet to be written, but it'll come soon and I'll add it to this post. The physical description is also liable to be altered, depending on if I can find someone to dig up an interesting pic of a male swashbuckler... please?

Alrighty, added a history.

Anyway, here he is...

Name: Andru Hezblaid
Race: Human
Sex: Male
Class: Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade archetype)

Physical Description:

Standing at a not-unimpressive 5’10, Andru is a ruggedly handsome figure of a man with slightly curly dark brown hair that usually looks wind-swept. His hair frames a tanned, strong-jawed face that’s dominated by large, deep green eyes under even dark brows. A strong, patrician nose resides above sensual lips that seem to always be ever so slightly curled as if he finds something secretly amusing, although what that might be is forever a mystery to everyone.
A lean, wide-shouldered form is accentuated by well toned, muscular limbs and a broad chest over a tight waist in a V-shape that runs from his shoulders. Narrow hips move with the grace of a dancer… or predator… with each deliberate movement of his legs.

Most often found in loose, comfortable tunics with well fitted leather breaches tucked into thigh high, turned down boots and a coat of contrasting color, He strikes quite a figure wherever he goes. A finely tooled weapons belt with a rapier on the left under an obviously well crafted buckler sits casually about his hips with a sash that matches his tunic. A wide-brimmed, heavily plumed hat completes the image of the dashing fencer before you.

Personality:

Andru might be best described as a man with far, far too much energy coupled with an easy-going, gregarious attitude towards life. If he considers you a friend, you’ll never find a truer companion; if he thinks of you as an enemy… enjoy whatever time you might have left. A zest for life and a determination to live every moment is perhaps the most conservative thought when it comes to the swashbuckling fighter.

In contrast, Andru believes that even your worst enemy may have some redeeming value; even if it’s only comic relief. He’ll happily sit down with a man he may have to kill tomorrow and have a civil drink and conversation with him… as long as the rules of etiquette and civilized behavior are observed. Conversation and a drink should never be wasted simply because you may have to kill him the next day; Live today and let tomorrow sort itself out!

Equally at home in a tavern brawl as on the deck of a ship with the sails booming in the wind as he is in the arms of a woman, he’s a man to have at your back in nearly any situation. Andru will always follow his morals and principles… what those may be is often anyone’s guess, but there’s no doubt that he will always follow them

Background:

The son of moderately successful merchant parents, Andru’s first memories were of traveling and watching his parents bargaining for merchandise to buy as well as sell in other parts of the world. In spite of what some would call a silver tongue, Andru never really took to the business; his head in the clouds far, far more than the practical world. But, he did love seeing new places and new things… particularly things like the violet flame of Torch… it helped that he had visited the community many times over his life and had developed some friendships among the people of the unforgiving land; and a deep concern of the machines that moved across it without the touch of goodly hands… something that he’s made a life’s work to remove from the world at his first convenience… it shouldn’t be too difficult to finish the job.

A naturally gifted talent with a blade, it only took Andru a few weeks to begin to learn what would become his career with the rapier and buckler. Quick-witted and quick on his feet, the dance of parry and thrust, of flashing blades and the ring of steel on steel drew him as strongly as the feel of the ground moving under his feet. As dedicated as he is to his art, he learned the tricks and traits of fancy sword-play until it was engraved into his very bones; a natural extension of his arms. It’s not enough to simply beat a man, but you must do it with style!

Over the months and years, Andru has seen many of the places where coin exchanged hands and goods moved;  a fair amount of the world beyond that boundary, but in his heart, if he hasn’t laid eyes upon it himself, it simply doesn’t exist until he’s been there. A man with a restless soul, it’s not in him to stand still when there’s still things to see, women to experience and places to go.

When Andru received a letter from a friend in Torch telling about the disappearance of the Violet Flame and the disappearance of the old wizard… as well as a fair number of adventurers… his nature simply could not resist going and he, in characteristic Andru fashion, has every confidence that he can solve the mystery in short order.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

eBadger

I'm at a complete loss for languages...any suggestions based on the setting?  Or else I'll just snatch up a few random racials. 

Bibliophilia

I've got a Skinwalker Barbarian that I'll be reworking to the game.

BAMF

Quote from: eBadger on October 08, 2015, 06:45:45 PM
I'm at a complete loss for languages...any suggestions based on the setting?  Or else I'll just snatch up a few random racials.

The players guide for the AP suggests Hallit for dealing with "savage" folk in the area who don't even have Common as a language. Androffan is available if you drop a point in Linguistics or the trait...otherwise I'm not sure there's any real "must haves?"

Quote from: Bibliophilia on October 08, 2015, 06:52:38 PM
I've got a Skinwalker Barbarian that I'll be reworking to the game.

And this has decided for me that I won't be going barbarian or fighter. I'd been going between caster & melee type, but now I will just roll up a kineticist (since I really, really want to try out the class).

I'd like y'all to know that I have read part of the AP; I invite Chul to smack me if I drop any spoilers.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Chulanowa

ebadger,

Pretty much every NPC appears to speak common and hallit. Some other common ones seem to be Orc, Infernal, and Giant. Androffan seems to be more of a "flavor" thing, but who knows?

Andi,

QuoteChula, how unusual (by the standards of Pathfinder as a system) are you willing to roll with?

Whaddya mean, exactly?

Lunar Raven,

I'm not sure yet. I'd have to familiarize myself with te multiclassing variant in there to decide

Andi

I don't quite know yet. I /do/ have a concept of a savage elf running around who wants played, but being how said elf is also a born lycanthrope, that's difficult. Still debating ideas. I may challenge myself...

TheGlyphstone

Flagging with interest, because Iron Gods is awesome.

@Chula: How do you like the sound of a Human Alchemist who was raised from birth by Goblins? Sure, normally human babies are delicious, but it only needs to happen once.

Chulanowa

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 08, 2015, 09:24:19 PM
@Chula: How do you like the sound of a Human Alchemist who was raised from birth by Goblins? Sure, normally human babies are delicious, but it only needs to happen once.

How does... I don't... whaaat? Why?

Andi

Decided to go with a more regular concept:

Khalirran Ceillune, aspiring master hunter (Elf Hunter 1)

Background
Khalirran hails from Kyonin - not that any elf would take him for anything but a Snowcaster without the fascination with heavy furs at first glance. He's tall even for an elf, unusually solidly built for one of that people, with silver hair drifting in color towards the frigid blue of glacial ice, steel-grey eyes, with pale skin and a powerful baritone voice. His constant companion is Irien, a deinonychus he has raised from hatching and trained to be a hunting companion.

Khalirran is a native of Kyonin, the child of a small commune of elves that decided to settle down in the lush forests of the ancient homeland after a few centuries of travel. His parents - all five of them - raised him as their own, whether that was genetically true or not, and permitted him his own choice of paths; Khalirran turned out to be as prone to travel as his mother; he is, by elven standards, classically educated, speaking Sylvan almost as well as his native Elven, with training as singer, naturalist, and general forest-walker.

Character Sheet

Khalirran Ceillune
Elf (Snowcaster) hunter 1 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Class Guide 26)
NG Medium humanoid (elf)
Init +3; Senses low-light vision; Perception +12
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +1 Dex)
hp 8 (1d8)
Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3; +2 vs. enchantments
Immune sleep
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)
Melee dagger +0 (1d4/19-20)
Ranged paueliel composite longbow +4 (1d8/×3)
Hunter Spells Known (CL 1st; concentration +4)
. . 1st (2/day)—abundant ammunition[UC], gravity bow[APG], summon nature's ally I
. . 0 (at will)—chameleon scales, create water, know direction, light
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 10, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 11
Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 13
Feats Sharp Senses[APG]
Traits rich parents, seeker of brightness, stargazer
Skills Acrobatics -2 (-6 to jump), Climb -2, Craft (bows) +4, Handle Animal +4, Heal +7, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +6 (+8 to identify alien monsters' abilities and weaknesses), Knowledge (geography) +7 (+9 to identify alien monsters' abilities and weaknesses), Knowledge (nature) +7 (+9 to identify alien monsters' abilities and weaknesses), Perception +12, Stealth +1, Survival +7; Racial Modifiers +4 Perception, +2 Spellcraft to identify magic item properties
Languages Common, Elven, Orc, Sylvan
SQ animal companion (deinonychus named Irien), animal focus (1 minutes/day), elven magic, manifestation points, ability scores, nature training, wild empathy +1
Combat Gear silversheen flight arrows[APG] (10); Other Gear mwk studded leather, dagger (4), flight arrows[APG] (20), paueliel composite longbow, bedroll, belt pouch, candle (2), chalk, everburning torch, flint and steel, hammer, masterwork backpack[APG], mess kit[UE], piton (4), pot, sack (2), silk rope (50 ft.), spell component pouch, sunrod (3), tindertwig (4), torch (10), trail rations (5), waterskin, wooden holy symbol of Shelyn, 2 gp, 5 sp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Animal Companion (animal companion (deinonychus named Irien)) (Ex) If no current companion, summon nature's ally spells last 1 min/level but only 1 at a time.
Animal Companion Link (Ex) You have a link with your Animal Companion.
Animal Focus (1 minutes/day) (Su) As a swift action, gain bonuses from emulated animal(s). If no companion, +1 slots.
Bat (60 feet) (Su) When assuming this aspect, gain darkvision with listed range, or blindsense at higher levels.
Bear +2 (Su) When assuming this aspect, gain listed enhancement bonus to Con.
Bull +2 (Su) When assuming this aspect, gain listed enhancement bonus to Str.
Elven Immunities - Sleep You are immune to magic sleep effects.
Elven Magic +2 to spellcraft checks to determine the properties of a magic item.
Falcon +4 (Su) When assuming this aspect, gain listed competence bonus to Perception.
Frog +4 (Su) When assuming this aspect, gain listed competence bonus to Swim & Acrobatics to jump.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Manifestation Points, Ability Scores ([none], 14/psychic duel) Every combatant begins a psychic duel with a pool of MP equal to the combatant’s HD + the average of her Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores. As a free action, a combatant can draw from this pool to generate MP. A combatant who draws any numb
Monkey +4 (Su) When assuming this aspect, gain listed competence bonus to Climb.
Mouse (Su) When assuming this aspect, gain evasion, or improved evasion at higher levels.
Owl +4 (Su) When assuming this aspect, gain listed competence bonus to Stealth.
Share Spells with Companion (Ex) Can cast spells with a target of "you" on animal companion, as touch spells.
Snake +2 (Su) When assuming this aspect, gain listed bonus to att on AoO & to AC vs. AoO.
Stag +5 (Su) When assuming this aspect, gain listed enhancement bonus to speed.
Stargazer Disable Device or Knowledge (engineering) +1 and is a class skill
Tiger +2 (Su) When assuming this aspect, gain listed enhancement bonus to Dex.
Wild Empathy +1 (Ex) Improve the attitude of an animal, as if using Diplomacy.
Wolf (10 feet) (Su) When assuming this aspect, gain scent with listed range.

--------------------

Irien
Deinonychus
N Small animal
Init +3; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +5
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 15, touch 14, flat-footed 12 (+3 Dex, +1 natural, +1 size)
hp 22 (2d8+6)
Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +1
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 60 ft.
Melee bite +5 (1d4), 2 talons +5 (1d6)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 11, Dex 17, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 14
Base Atk +1; CMB +0; CMD 13
Feats Weapon Finesse
Tricks Attack, Attack, Attack Any Target, Defend, Down, Fetch, Fighting, Stay, Track
Skills Acrobatics +3 (+15 to jump), Perception +5, Stealth +11
SQ animal focus, attack any target, defend, fetch, fighting, manifestation points, ability scores, track
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Animal Focus (Su) As a swift action, gain bonuses from emulated animal(s).
Attack Any Target [Trick] The animal will attack any creature on command.
Bat (60 feet) (Su) When assuming this aspect, gain darkvision with listed range, or blindsense at higher levels.
Bear +2 (Su) When assuming this aspect, gain listed enhancement bonus to Con.
Bull +2 (Su) When assuming this aspect, gain listed enhancement bonus to Str.
Defend [Trick] The animal will defend you.
Falcon +4 (Su) When assuming this aspect, gain listed competence bonus to Perception.
Fetch [Trick] The animal will get a specific object.
Fighting [Trick] The animal has been trained to fight.
Frog +4 (Su) When assuming this aspect, gain listed competence bonus to Swim & Acrobatics to jump.
Manifestation Points, Ability Scores ([none], 11/psychic duel) Every combatant begins a psychic duel with a pool of MP equal to the combatant’s HD + the average of her Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores. As a free action, a combatant can draw from this pool to generate MP. A combatant who draws any numb
Monkey +4 (Su) When assuming this aspect, gain listed competence bonus to Climb.
Mouse (Su) When assuming this aspect, gain evasion, or improved evasion at higher levels.
Owl +4 (Su) When assuming this aspect, gain listed competence bonus to Stealth.
Scent (Ex) Detect opponents within 15+ feet by sense of smell.
Snake +2 (Su) When assuming this aspect, gain listed bonus to att on AoO & to AC vs. AoO.
Stag +5 (Su) When assuming this aspect, gain listed enhancement bonus to speed.
Tiger +2 (Su) When assuming this aspect, gain listed enhancement bonus to Dex.
Track [Trick] The animal will track a scent.
Wolf (10 feet) (Su) When assuming this aspect, gain scent with listed range.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc.®, and are used under license.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 08, 2015, 10:34:18 PM
How does... I don't... whaaat? Why?

Because it'd be hilarious? ;D

Also, Challenge Accepted.

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Chulanowa

Well, there seems to be plenty of interest! So, I'm gonna give everyone who's interested until NEXT Saturday (10 / 17 / 15) to get their characters all worked out. I may call it sooner if character submissions taper out before then, but i figure a week and some days is plenty of time!

Persephone, everyone's welcome to put in a character!

Thorne

Quote from: Andi on October 08, 2015, 10:36:05 PM
Decided to go with a more regular concept:

Khalirran Ceillune, aspiring master hunter (Elf Hunter 1)
No character image yet... have to find one.

... Gimme.. um .. until around this time tomorrow. >.>

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 08, 2015, 10:39:03 PM
Because it'd be hilarious? ;D

Also, Challenge Accepted.

... someone just /had/ to do it, didn't they. :p
I'm just having this mental image .. something out of Oglaf. <.<
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

persephone325

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 09, 2015, 12:31:16 AM
Persephone, everyone's welcome to put in a character!

Am I correct in believing that this will take place on the forums? I'm familiar with the roll20 app, but my laptop is way too slow for that. I've been waiting patiently for a game like this for a long time. :-)
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Chulanowa

Quote from: persephone325 on October 09, 2015, 01:08:35 AM
Am I correct in believing that this will take place on the forums? I'm familiar with the roll20 app, but my laptop is way too slow for that. I've been waiting patiently for a game like this for a long time. :-)

Ayup. 100% done on E.

persephone325

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 09, 2015, 01:22:43 AM
Ayup. 100% done on E.

Awesome! I still consider myself a bit of a "noob" to D&D/Pathfinder/etc, so I might need a little help when it comes to making a sheet. More so with making sure all the stats are in order. I hope that's not too much of a problem?
I don't know.

BAMF

Character Name:Dayanara-Aeryth
Race:Half-elfClass:Kineticist 1
Height:5’4”Weight:120 lbs.
Alignment:NeutralDeity:Nethys
*WIP*Character Sheet*WIP*

~~~Made ya' look!~~~

Character Background:
Native to Torch, Daya’s parents work as a scavenger/crafter duo, her human father making trips to Scrapwall for metal, which his elven wife painstakingly crafts into jewelry. Wanting their child to be the best of both their races, they decided to give her a name from both. Myrianestiri was completely unsurprised when her husband chose a long, multi-syllabic human name; to compensate slightly, she chose an elvish name that wasn’t such a mouthful. Eventually Byrne realized his wife was right and began calling his daughter Daya.

Growing up, her parents taught her both their passions. Her father taught her what makes a piece of scrap metal salvageable, which metals were able to be melted down easily, which ones were more difficult, but were worth the effort, and how to purify a chunk of metal by melting it down and skimming off the impurities. Her mother taught her how to work with the pure metals to create delicate pieces of art: bracelets, bangles, anklets, chains, filigrees, baubles, and charms.

It was her eighteenth birthday. Her father had just arrived home with a wagon full of materials for his wife to craft over the next few months. His eyes were sparkling in a mischievous way; Daya knew he had brought her something special. That night when the three of them had sat down to a meal her mother had specially prepared, full of her daughter’s favorites, Byrne had slid a small wrapped package across the table toward her. Inside, there was a piece of metal unlike any she’d ever worked with before. Skymetal, her father called it.

Daya spent a couple of months deciding what she’d do with this gift. Eventually, she decided to create a pendant that celebrated her mixed heritage. A small hammer to represent the human’s industrious nature, wrapped in leafy vines to represent the elves’ affinity for nature and their forest homes that her mother had told her stories of as a little girl. One night while she was diligently bending the tiny leaves into place, a cinder from the forge floated into her face. The memory of what happened next is a blur of swirling flames and searing heat. The next morning, Myrianestiri found her daughter crumpled on the floor of the forge completely unscathed with a beautiful hammer-shaped pendant clutched in her hand.

Early on, Myrianestiri tried to mentor her daughter in controlling her powers. Unfortunately, though they welled up from within like her own sorcery, the methods she’d taught herself didn’t seem to work for her daughter. When she realized her parents could do no more to help her, Daya started spending more and more time alone, feeling alienated for the first time in her life. Although nobody outright rejected her, Oska thought the time she spent doing “magic tricks,” as he called them, was time that would be better spent at the forge honing her craft. Khonnar Baine supported her thirst for knowledge of exotic metals, but his knowledge of magic was from books. As a result, Daya found herself alone just outside of town training herself to harness her gift...or curse.

When the Torch at the top of the hill went out, Daya and her mother were both devastated. Myrianestiri didn’t use its powers often, but she went anually to create one outstanding piece. This year, she had planned to take her daughter in an attempt to rekindle their relationship that had become strained in the last couple of years.

Appearance:
Surprisingly short for her 5’11” mother and 6’3” father, Daya’s frame is lithe but powerful. Broad shoulders and fiery red hair from her father, and soft curls that frame her face and ever-so-slightly pointed ears from her mother, Daya is a blend of the best attributes from her parents - at least according to them. However, her parents can’t explain the subtle golden skin and vibrantly gold eyes.

Personality:
The blend of traits from both parents don’t end at appearance. From her father, Daya has an adventurous attitude and a slightly brash way of speaking. From her mother, she has an obsessive streak and a healthy appreciation for nature and beauty - rare things to find in Numeria. This mix of attributes results in a girl eager to relight the Torch and excited to learn more about the origins of the exotic metals that fill her father’s stories. The obsessive quality plus the unattributed fiery temper can be a volatile mix as well - she loathes disruptions and distractions and is quick to snap at those who would interrupt her at her craft.

Thoughts? Look good? I'll work on the crunchy buildy bits tomorrow. Wanted to give y'all a taste of something rather than with Kofi where y'all had to wait on, "What's BAMF doing?? WHAT'S BAMF DOING?!" :P
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Chulanowa

Not too much. There's a lot of online resources...

http://www.myth-weavers.com/ - is the site I see mot people use to create their character sheets
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/ - has basically all the rules you could need, though has a lot of third-party stuff, and tends to not have anything Setting-specific.
http://archivesofnethys.com/ - Everything here is Paizo-published, including setting-specific stuff, but is primarily character options rather than system rules and the like.
http://www.jody-white.com/pathfinder-ability-score-calculator.php - an online point-buy calculator. You set it to high Fantasy (20-point), out in your race (or the ability modifiers of the race you're using) and play with hte sliders.

And of course, the player's guide for this particular Adventure Path cna be found in a link in the OP  :-)

BAMF

This is totally unrelated, but I've been meaning to say something. Chul, I frickin' love your avatar. There are times where I just have to find one of your posts to just watch it for a bit. :P
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

eBadger

Quote from: persephone325 on October 09, 2015, 01:26:46 AM
Awesome! I still consider myself a bit of a "noob" to D&D/Pathfinder/etc, so I might need a little help when it comes to making a sheet. More so with making sure all the stats are in order. I hope that's not too much of a problem?

Awesome and welcome!  To expand on Chula's links:

A step by step character creation outline can be found here http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/character-creation

Character Sheet:

Start by going to http://www.myth-weavers.com/ and setting up an account.  It's free, no popups, no spam, just sleek and simple.  Once signed up, click on Sheets, Create, click Sheet, enter a character name and drop down to 'Pathfinder' for sheet template, click Create and you have a character started! 

I highly suggest starting with a Fighter, preferably a Human one, if this is your first game.  It's a very capable and useful class, but also basic without a lot of abilities or magic, and your role in the group and combat is pretty clear (if things get violent, get between us and them and hit the bad guys with the pointy end of something). 

There are six stats; read up a bit on them, but know that none are useless, although for a fighter you're mostly interested in Strength, followed by Constitution, then a little Dexterity and do whatever you like with the rest.  A workable stat set for a Human would be Strength 18, Dexterity 12, Constitution 14, Intelligence 10, Wisdom 11, Charisma 12.  Everything average or better, with a couple above average and one really great. 

Quote from: Blinkin on October 08, 2015, 06:21:07 PM
The physical description is also liable to be altered, depending on if I can find someone to dig up an interesting pic of a male swashbuckler... please?

Image is artwork, plain white background, a male swashbuckler holding a rapier in his right hand which is pointed down and to the side at an angle for a side view of the blade, stepping forward with left hand holding a flagon of ale at shoulder height, a few suds splashing, as though in a toast.  Lots of brown; high leather boots, brown pants might be leather or cloth, a trio of wide leather belts and a baldric with large silver buckles covers his waist from hips to lower rib cage accented by a low hanging off-white sash.  A shortsleeved leather jacket, long dark brown cloth sleeves, leather gloves; a slightly open collar shows a linen shirt that matches the sash in color, the collar slightly askew.  Square jaw, clean shaven chin, long straight nose, unkempt brown hair, his chin is slightly down, mouth in a grin at the viewer.  The impression is a seasoned swashbuckler with slightly intimidating good humor; perhaps toasting someone just before a duel begins or giving an ironic cheer to someone he doesn't like. 

persephone325

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 09, 2015, 01:38:27 AM
Not too much. There's a lot of online resources...

http://www.myth-weavers.com/ - is the site I see mot people use to create their character sheets
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/ - has basically all the rules you could need, though has a lot of third-party stuff, and tends to not have anything Setting-specific.
http://archivesofnethys.com/ - Everything here is Paizo-published, including setting-specific stuff, but is primarily character options rather than system rules and the like.
http://www.jody-white.com/pathfinder-ability-score-calculator.php - an online point-buy calculator. You set it to high Fantasy (20-point), out in your race (or the ability modifiers of the race you're using) and play with hte sliders.

And of course, the player's guide for this particular Adventure Path cna be found in a link in the OP  :-)

I'm very familiar with the d20 website and the calculator. And I have a bunch of old sheets on Mythweavers. It's just been a while since I had to do anything with them, so I feel like I'm going to be a bit rusty. lol
I don't know.

BAMF

If you want some help, you can ping me, Persephone. I'd be glad to help you. <3
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«