A League of Their Own [ Van-E/ Bon-E] (Updated 03-14-09)

Started by LadyDiscord, March 01, 2009, 02:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyDiscord

After watching such movies like X-Men and A League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and Hellboy. It gave me the idea to come up with a game that might be fun.

Picture a Grandmaster or a God type entity who took what we  know as 'Horror Movie Monsters', scrambled them and through them into world similar to our own except they are the 'good guys', the Heroes and or Protagonist of this little story.

Together they form a team founded by an Entity known as the Manipulator (played by me).

The team can consist of any cast of horror characters you can think of like..

Dracula
Wolfman
The Mummy
Witches
Incubus
Thing from the Black Lagoon
Frankenstein
The Invisible Man or Woman
Succubus
Bride of Frankenstein
Medusa
Dr Jekyll/ Mr. Hyde

and other characters of various genders which can be completely made up to suit your needs.

Their base of operations will be in a mansion in the center of city that closely parallel's New York, just darker and with much more grime. It is here where they will all live and dwell while developing relationships, love triangles and nemesis while trying to save the world time and time again.

As heroes their goal is to protect humanity in a world that is hardly aware of their existence and staying out of the eye of the public will not be so bad either.

Yes there is also a cast of villains that will be needed to counter-balance out heroes good deeds. These can also be monsters or characters made up by you.

This story shall contain romance, comedy and violence. Post if interested or if you have any questions and please stand by for updates.

Rules
1. I'm the rule maker show respect
2. Show respect towards fellow members
3.Have any questions just ask me
4. Profiles aren't necessary for Cannon characters but you can make one if you like.
5. I shall set up various threads when enough members have joined so stay tuned for updates.

CAST OF HEROES

Manipulator/Banshee "Lady Death"- Me
Vampiress- Foxy
Dorian Grey- Astalinnon
The Thing-Avis Habilis
Bride of Frank "pending"-trippingsatyr

Roleplay thread
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=32937.0
Join my village and make money.
✔✦✘

Older And Wiser

"the center of city that closely parallel's New York, just darker and with much more grime"  - is that possible?  :-)

Anyway I am interested.  I have always liked the character of Beast from X-men.  I noticed that there are not too many women's roles mentioned.  Is this a gay thing?

LadyDiscord

You know I actually found myself wondering that same thing and No it isn't a gay thing. It seems there are just more male monsters, but that's why I gave the liberty of letting anyone 'tweak' or create their own.
✔✦✘

Foxy

I would love to do a female vampire like from 'A League of Extraordinary Gentlemen' Nina. 

LadyDiscord

Quote from: Foxy on March 01, 2009, 05:26:49 PM
I would love to do a female vampire like from 'A League of Extraordinary Gentlemen' Nina. 

Oh you mean miss Willimina Harker. I loved her character to.. I shall put you down for it when I make my official list of characters.
✔✦✘

Transgirlenstein

I am very interested.  Since the vampire role is taken I am thinking of maybe doing a female Frankenstein (well, I guess that would be the Bride).  Have not decided just yet
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Avis habilis

I'm interested. How does this sound:

The Thing From Another World
Seven feet of lumbering, brawny sentient plant from space. Sure he may be slow, live on mammal blood, have issues with cold weather & darkness, & not be much of a conversationalist. But he's strong, iron-willed & essentially immune to gunfire since he doesn't have any internal organs to speak of.

Edit: Actually it isn't accurate to call him he. Call it he. Since it's a plant, I had in mind to play it not just genderless, but uncomprehending of the very notion of sex. Which I guess makes it the ideal person to come shambling to the rescue when everybody else has been entranced by a super-seductress or something.

LadyDiscord

Alrighty!

Thanks for showing interest. I guess pretty soon I'll start creating the first intro! Lol That creature sounds interesting in the least.
✔✦✘

Astalinnon

I don't suppose you have room for someone just returned from a -very- long break to play the role of Dracula?

-Edit: On second thought, since there already is a vampire(ss), would you accept the Dorian Grey character from the movie?

LadyDiscord

Lol there's always room for one more....alot more really..

Edit: Yes I would accept him.
✔✦✘

Anti

This sounds like a really good idea.

Can I be a werewolf? or a re-imagining of Jekyl and Hyde?

LadyDiscord

Sure darling either or is fine with me. You can play both if you like.
✔✦✘

Anti

Foxy

I am still here.

Would it be set in the Gothic time or more modernday? I am fine either way. 

Also, do we want it in New York or London or some other old world city.

Another idea I had was a gypsy type. Depending on how much magic would be used and I would be fine with something like from CoC or the Buffy game, basically ritualistic with maybe some potions and such.

LadyDiscord

I have it staged in New York, but perhaps it could be a mixture of the two. Maybe I'll call it New London or Ole York.
✔✦✘

LadyDiscord

Before I press the Post button I have  question? Where should I exactly posts this. I can exactly make up my mind.
✔✦✘

Avis habilis

I guess that depends how many are in the group. Maybe Bondage: Exotic Solos? Assuming that 1) there's a chance somebody'll get tied up 2) the storyline will stay in one thread. Otherwise I think it would be Light: Exotic Solos.

Foxy

I would not think Solo's as that is more for just two people, isn't it?

Also, would anyone want to play a gypsy type?  If not, I will.  She would be human and there where some normal humans in the movie who where just the top of the human scale or really intelligent, like Capt. Nemo.

Avis habilis

Quote from: Foxy on March 19, 2009, 03:08:02 PMI would not think Solo's as that is more for just two people, isn't it?

You might be right. I'm just going on what the tooltip says when you mouse over the forum description. Solos said it was for games in one thread, not necessarily that it was for games with only two people.

LadyDiscord

A;right, I posted it in Exotic small groups for now. The link is at the top.
✔✦✘