News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Touch

Um... Wow, okay then.

Anyway, still liking ARAM, especially when I have people I know making up half the team. Less likely to get, "NOOBS" or "Fucking really?" It also helps I only have fourteen champions as well.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

apygoos

there are stil people like that in ARAM, but they look like bigger jackasses than in other game types. its ARAM, its random and just for fun, and a fantastic way to try out a champion youve never played.

Shjade

Honestly I wouldn't recommend ARAM for trying out a champ you've never played. Not just because you'd likely be handicapping your team, but more importantly it's hard to figure out a new champion while you're getting curbstomped in non-stop teamfight/harass wars.

If you're trying out a brand new champion, take it to a vs AI game at least once. Just to get a feel for how all the abilities work, range, effective speed, etc.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Gavlois

I agree with Shjade on this one. You're going to need a good feeling of how a champ works to be able to ARAM properly. Of course, that hasn't stopped me from playing ARAM with a completely new champ from free week before (Jayce). Of course, Jayce is easy in ARAM.
O/O

GarthMarenghi

Could never get into LoL honestly, I think i got into late 20's before getting annoyed with the really slow loading times of games and then someone always leaving at start/middle of game since there was no penalty for doing so last time I played, there was also the problem that people never talked or if they did it was never in english so there was no communication ever going on and just felt like I was playing with bots.

Didn't help that I came just from HoN (Heroes of Newerth) which is a lot more fast paced and intense so when playing LoL even when I was destroying everyone in almost every match it didn't feel.. fun.
(HoN has a really horrible community in comparison though I hardly ever saw insults or crying when playing LoL but in HoN you can pretty much except someone wishing cancer on you  in every match so need a tough skin)

Not saying LoL is a bad game, just wasn't for me.
We use maths at almost every point of the day, whether we're working out how to thread our shoelaces,
calculating the optimal moment on which to embark upon a conversation, or, if you can fly, planning your trajectory for the journey to work.

apygoos

Quote from: Shjade on September 10, 2013, 02:42:50 AM
Honestly I wouldn't recommend ARAM for trying out a champ you've never played. Not just because you'd likely be handicapping your team, but more importantly it's hard to figure out a new champion while you're getting curbstomped in non-stop teamfight/harass wars.

If you're trying out a brand new champion, take it to a vs AI game at least once. Just to get a feel for how all the abilities work, range, effective speed, etc.
sometimes you don't have a choice in trying out a new champion. i should probably say that i 5 man queue alot for ARAMS, so if they get a champ they arent familiar with, its no big deal and they get the general idea of the champ and try to work them. sometimes if you solo queue for aram, you get just as helpful people, other times you get dbags. in general yes, you should try new champs in Coop vs AI. pisses me off when even in there people get flamed for not knowing how to play a champ.

Everyone learns the game differently, and the tutorial could use a major overhaul, but never the less, at least sometimes i can offset one toxic player. we, the LoL communtiy, get a pretty bad name from all of the toxicity, and its a shame we can diffuse it as fast as it spreads.

The Golden Touch

I disagree. I learn better under pressure. I played a few champs for the first and only time and still went positive, and more than a few times have won the games. Though I main almost any ADC.... Sorry, "marksmen." And supports are pretty easy for me as well.

apygoos

i cant wait to see what they have in store for S4 jungle and support gold changes/vision-map overhaul.

Shjade

Quote from: apygoos on September 10, 2013, 06:23:33 AM
sometimes you don't have a choice in trying out a new champion.

True, given the mechanics of free week.
◕/◕'s

apygoos

also, they randomly pushed the pool party skins to live..random day is random.

Shjade

◕/◕'s

Ryven

Quote from: The Golden Touch on September 09, 2013, 10:16:40 PM
Um... Wow, okay then.

Anyway, still liking ARAM, especially when I have people I know making up half the team. Less likely to get, "NOOBS" or "Fucking really?" It also helps I only have fourteen champions as well.

When are you on?  I will play ARAM with you.  It's 90% of what I play now.

Also, I have to buy pool party Graves. o_o  He's so hot.

The Golden Touch

Quote from: Ryven on September 10, 2013, 04:09:00 PM
When are you on?  I will play ARAM with you.  It's 90% of what I play now.

Also, I have to buy pool party Graves. o_o  He's so hot.

I play randomly. Usually at night after six or so PST.

Shjade

*wins a 1v1 as Brand vs a fairly good Lee Sin in decidedly one-sided fashion, causing Lee to gg out at 3-0*

*feels kinda good*
◕/◕'s

muddturtle13

Quote from: Shjade on September 10, 2013, 08:58:40 PM
*wins a 1v1 as Brand vs a fairly good Lee Sin in decidedly one-sided fashion, causing Lee to gg out at 3-0*

*feels kinda good*
I don't think fairly good Lee Sins lose to Brand...

Florence

Guess there's a lot of LoL players on here xD

we should arrange like... some E LoL matches. xD

I'm not like... super pro myself, but I'm not terrible. Though I've been doing kinda hit or miss lately, its probably because I recently switched from playing primarily as Ashe to Fiora, which is a bit of a transition, going from ranged to melee and also requiring me to replace a lot of my runes and whatnot... and now I'm on Tier 2 runes, which are damn expensive :I I don't even want to look at the prices for Tier 3 runes.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

apygoos

stop buying tier 2 runes! save your IP for tier 3!

muddturtle13

Gavlois

The price to benefit ratio is way too high to be buying tier 2 runes. You aren't gonna notice much of a difference anyway.
O/O

Shjade

Quote from: muddturtle13 on September 11, 2013, 10:22:33 AM
I don't think fairly good Lee Sins lose to Brand...

It's not as hard as you might think on Howling Abyss. The relics even out the sustain issues as long as you don't lose control of their spawns too early to take advantage of them. Howling Abyss makes 1v1 for a lot of matchups less lopsided because it softens mana issues by so much.

Still hard, but not near-impossible.
◕/◕'s

apygoos

so, on an AD Assassin/marksman
AD reds and quints? or AD reds and lifesteal quints?

Shjade

Neither. Armor pen reds, movespeed quints.

Quints are pretty preference-based though. I like movespeed for the added chase and harass potential in lane and for escapes - mobility in general is really strong throughout the game and there's typically only so much of it you can get in your build, particularly as an AD carry or assassin. Assassin especially needs to be able to close the gap and get back out fast a lot of the time.

Lifesteal quints, eh...they're good for sustain in lane, but later on that extra 6% (assuming you use all 3 quints for it) added to your bloodthirster/hydra probably won't be as impactful as being faster than whoever you're chasing/running from.

Could also go with flat HP quints to tankier early laning but, again, not so important late game, where speed is great from start to finish.
◕/◕'s

Solstice

Also depends on the character in question, of course.

Though ArPen reds are pretty much the go-to for almost all AD heroes.
Apoloies & Absences - Updated 11/16/2014 - Around and available? Hopefully?

Gavlois

I used to run ArPen reds, but then I switched them out for flat AD. I liked having the early extra damage over the armor penetration for the early levels, though I'm considering switching back. I also run AD Quints too, but that's usually because my movespeed isn't a problem as Vayne.
O/O

Shjade

The thing is, unless you have some great AD ratios on abilities or some kind of heavy-AD-scaling passive (as in Vayne's case with the true damage finisher), armor pen is probably better for damage even early on. If Vayne's combo was just damage instead of true damage it'd be arguable armor pen would make it pack a better punch than AD, too.
◕/◕'s